+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
9ja4dLord said:
1. Although a permanent resident is required to have a PR card when he/she returns to Canada, his/her failure to do so will not constitute an offence under Canadian immigration laws.
2. Transportation companies (Airlines, buses, train) are required to ensure that a person travelling to Canada has the appropriate documentation for that entry. If they don't, the carrier will deny them boarding since our Federal government can hold them responsible for transporting someone who may be denied entry to Canada.

What can you do?
Option 1: you can go to the Canadian High Commission (Abuja) or Canadian Deputy High Commission (4 Anifowoshe Street, VI, Lagos) to request for a travel document that you can use to enter Canada.
Option 2: if you have a valid visa into US, you can fly into US and enter Canada via a land border (in a private or rented vehicle). You will need to show evidence of landing records.

To see more you can check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10
Nanonye - you can check the link for an official response. By the way, I think say you don land ni o.
Nice tips!

daramz

Apr 6, 2014
naija
Category........
Visa Office......
avo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NOV 2013
IELTS Request
SENT WITH DOC
Med's Request
6th oct 2014
Med's Done....
22nd october 2014
Interview........
waived IJN
Passport Req..
09-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
Goodevening my peeps got great news for us, if you are interested in checking up on ur file @ AVO by ordering for the GCMS notes.

You can now order from a very trusted landed naija senior for less charge from what you'll get anywhere online.
GCMS Notes means GLOBAL CASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM which maintains case history during application processing by CIC overseas offices.
REASONS TO APPLY FOR GCMS NOTES
*There is long delay since you submitted your application
*Your application got refused and you don't know d exact reason
* Check if any break up of communication occured
* Know previous case issues before re-submission / re-apply amongst other reasons
You can obtain a copy of your complete case history from CIC by using our services on your behalf and find out what exactly happened in your application as well as have an idea of the outcome of your application or when next it will be processed further.
Price:
*GCMS Basic - $25
send email to gcms.caipsnotes @ gmail.com for more information

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Thanks for the link 9ja4dlord. I have actually seen this link before. If you read carefully, the sentence says " WE DO NOT........" This is CIC saying they don't mail PR Cards that have just been processed by them outside Canada. This is their policy and is understandable. What it doesn't say is if it is ILLEGAL/PROHIBITED for PR holders to mail their Card outside Canada. To start with, the question that this link is addressing is if we can return without the card and not if we can mail our cards outside Canada.
So really the question of whether we can mail our cards outside Canada remains unanswered. For me, I see no reasons why I can't do that because its my card.

So UoG14, this is a personal decision I have taken based on information available to me and so you don't need to go down my route if you are not comfortable. I really don't fancy the option of applying for a Travel Document.

Oga 9ja4dlord, I still dey Port Harcourt o. Undecided on when to make my short landing but Inclining towards Summer.

9ja4dLord said:
1. Although a permanent resident is required to have a PR card when he/she returns to Canada, his/her failure to do so will not constitute an offence under Canadian immigration laws.
2. Transportation companies (Airlines, buses, train) are required to ensure that a person travelling to Canada has the appropriate documentation for that entry. If they don't, the carrier will deny them boarding since the Canadian Federal government can hold them responsible for transporting someone who may be denied entry to Canada.

What can you do?
Option 1: you can go to the Canadian High Commission (Abuja) or Canadian Deputy High Commission (4 Anifowoshe Street, VI, Lagos) to request for a travel document that you can use to enter Canada.
Option 2: if you have a valid visa into US, you can fly into US and enter Canada via a land border (in a private or rented vehicle). You will need to show your COPR or evidence of landing records.

To see more you can check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10
Nanonye - you can check the link for an official response. By the way, I think say you don land ni o.

9ja4dLord

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Sorry o. I got the question wrong. As for me too, I don't think it's illegal to send the PR card by mail. After all, don't we send passports? my folks will have to send my PR card by mail when it's ready o. As it is, if things do not change, I can not spend more than 4 days in Canada when I land. My wife is not a fan of travel document so she's been begging me not to think of it and I don't think I want to get into the expenses of renting a car to cross the border.

NWAGOD

Jan 27, 2015
Please is there anyone in Calgary who needs a house mate? That is to share an apartment. I intend to land in April. Landed seniors pls help me

STARGIRL

Oct 8, 2014
Good day o my good people, trust we are all doing great! May God perfect all that concerns us all IJN. please is there any seniors who has landed or planning to land in saskatoon? Please let's network o.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
STARGIRL said:
Good day o my good people, trust we are all doing great! May God perfect all that concerns us all IJN. please is there any seniors who has landed or planning to land in saskatoon? Please let's network o.

According to Omo Naija: For some of you interested in , i will like to encourage you to register in the mentorship programme with the Saskatchewan intercultural organization.

http://www.saskintercultural.org/programs/employment/mentorship-project

Apart from the fact that it is , you also get the following;

1) Excellent mentorship training such as how to act in Canadian workplace, understanding Canadian accents, Free First aid & CPR trainings etc.
2) A regular Personal Training allowance (PTA) from the Government of Saskatchewan till you get a job (between $600 - $1300 monthly depending on your family size)
3) An after your training to give you relevant Canadian experience (80% of placement employers actually retain the interns).
4) Life insurance during your internship
5) A to buy any book or take any exams of your choice to enhance your job search.

I must add that it isn't an all comers affair... they take between 10-12 people every quarter. you can get more details from their website.
I actually attended this last year before i got my current job.

All the best guys !

According to chosen: I am not a landed senior but i think it's more important to start in a city where you have family/close friends. I also think Saskatoon has a very low unemployment rate and is booming compared to Toronto. You might want to consider staying in Sask for sometime then resettling much later elsewhere if you dont like it there.

We have a few seniors that are doing well in Saskatchewan. Please check the thread from the beginning. Omonaija has been very helpful and I believe has settled in quite well in Sask. Please inbox him. The challenge with Sask n other Oil exporting provinces is the decline in the price of oil while oil importing provinces like Ontario and Quebec are enjoying the dip. Saskatchewan and Alberta have the lowest unemployment rate at 3.6% and 4.7% respectively while Ontario is at 7%, higher than the national average of 6.6%. Having said this, there are many other things to consider like you core profession (Finance is good in Toronto, Manufacturing in Sask), the weather....

Pray, research and ask questions.
All the best.... Do let me know if you decide to settle for Sask.

shinemaster

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
nanonye said:
Thanks for the link 9ja4dlord. I have actually seen this link before. If you read carefully, the sentence says " WE DO NOT........" This is CIC saying they don't mail PR Cards that have just been processed by them outside Canada. This is their policy and is understandable. What it doesn't say is if it is ILLEGAL/PROHIBITED for PR holders to mail their Card outside Canada. To start with, the question that this link is addressing is if we can return without the card and not if we can mail our cards outside Canada.
So really the question of whether we can mail our cards outside Canada remains unanswered. For me, I see no reasons why I can't do that because its my card.

So UoG14, this is a personal decision I have taken based on information available to me and so you don't need to go down my route if you are not comfortable. I really don't fancy the option of applying for a Travel Document.

Oga 9ja4dlord, I still dey Port Harcourt o. Undecided on when to make my short landing but Inclining towards Summer.

Nanonye, have you landed?

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
Please guys..if you are of the Accounting profession and in the Treasury unit which partly is Accounts Payable,Accounts receivables and is yet to charter under ACCA or CPA and wish to start off well while working to get your CPA ..you could do well with getting the Accounts Payable certification with the designation of CAPA(certified Accounts payable associate) or CAPP(Certified Accounts Payable Professionals)...it is widely recognized and accepted in the US and Canada...in Canada it has 2 chapters..Ontario(covers the whole of Ontario) and Western Canada(Alberta,BC and Saskatchewan)

it is administered under IFO= Institute of Financial Operations.
link is www.financialops.org
click on certification and then get information on either CAPA or CAPP
direct link www.financialops.org/web/certification/certification

lets keep getting any certification that will aid to settle down fast prior to landing our preferred jobs
cheers.

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
God be the glory. House, I am appreciating God for my safe landing in edmonton, Alberta. I landed in montreal on 25/02/2015. I took qatar airways. my journey; from (MM)Lagos intl Airport to Doha(qatar), from doha to montreal, finally from montreal to edmonton. Qatar airways planees are very nice, clean and new planes, nice food.I really enjoyed my flight. it took me 13hrs from doha to montreal. Hamad intl airport doha is very beautiful.
At the port of entry in Montreal, I meet the immigration officer that welcomed me with a smile and asked me to queue, i was not asked POF, my luggage was not checked, then i was asked to sign the COPRs and my copy was given to me. then the officer now said from now you are now a permanent residence.
The very next day, i went to service center to get my SIN after which i proceeded to health center to apply for my health care insurance. By next week i will go to inquire about driving lessons and licence. Also I was given an appointment to a bank to open my account.

The weather is very cold about -15 degrees. the cool too much ooh. Thank God before I left naija i bought some winter jackets and gloves.
the city edmonton is very beautiful, snow every where. coffee shops is really a big business there. hot coffee
:p
I want to use this medium to thank solomomwise, gentleaderw, kollins, nanonye and others. for your advice. and for those awaiting one updated or the other, God will see you through.

samuel.eled

May 5, 2013
Aberdeen
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1212 DD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015: Updated POF and Salary Account Statement
Nomination.....
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2015. Mail to attend COA Session
IELTS Request
07-06-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
16-07-2015
Interview........
Never
Passport Req..
11-09-2015; Delivered 15-09-2015; Decision Made 21-09-2015, Pick Up 23-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
Congratulations and God's favour and blessings in your new land. The rest of us still awaiting to complete our PR processes shall share our good news and landing experiences very soon by Jehovah's grace. Amen.

okejji said:
God be the glory. House, I am appreciating God for my safe landing in edmonton, Alberta. I landed in montreal on 25/02/2015. I took qatar airways. my journey; from (MM)Lagos intl Airport to Doha(qatar), from doha to montreal, finally from montreal to edmonton. Qatar airways planees are very nice, clean and new planes, nice food.I really enjoyed my flight. it took me 13hrs from doha to montreal. Hamad intl airport doha is very beautiful.
At the port of entry in Montreal, I meet the immigration officer that welcomed me with a smile and asked me to queue, i was not asked POF, my luggage was not checked, then i was asked to sign the COPRs and my copy was given to me. then the officer now said from now you are now a permanent residence.
The very next day, i went to service center to get my SIN after which i proceeded to health center to apply for my health care insurance. By next week i will go to inquire about driving lessons and licence. Also I was given an appointment to a bank to open my account.

The weather is very cold about -15 degrees. the cool too much ooh. Thank God before I left naija i bought some winter jackets and gloves.
the city edmonton is very beautiful, snow every where. coffee shops is really a big business there. hot coffee
I want to use this medium to thank solomomwise, gentleaderw, kollins, nanonye and others. for your advice. and for those awaiting one updated or the other, God will see you through.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okejji said:

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
okejji said:

Thank God for safe landing and journey mercy....we wish you fast settling down and gainful employment to follow...meanwhile keep some rooms for us coming in for your apartment.o.o....lol