+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanonye said:
Hello Valentine. It is well and will remain well. I believe it is AVO delaying the process of visa issuance for FSW applicants rather than your application having any issues. My guess is that the Visa allocation for 2014 may have been exhausted (I hope I'm wrong). If that's the case then things may be slow until about March/April. Hopefully this isn't the case and both yourself and the remaining waiting members of this forum will get to hear from AVO soonest. Be strong
Permit me to correct the erroneous believe or popular fallacy as it were that visa quota for any fiscal year is exhausted by CIC.

First,we must understand that the introduction of Ministerial Instruction for Skilled Worker program is to centrally control the number of intake per fiscal year. Under no circumstance will applications received (Applications considered complete and within cap)be more than the number already allocated for the fiscal year.

In 2013 FSWP, the total number of applications received was slightly lower than the target for the year as contained in the 2014 annual immigration report. Hence,the question of exceeding quota does and should not arise.

"..There were 52,877 FSW Program admissions in 2013, which is slightly lower than the planned range of 53,500–55,300."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/annual-report-2014/index.asp

As a matter of fact,the 2015 immigration target was released as far back as October 2014.

The question then arises as to what might be responsible for Accra "slow pace" of work. Trust me on this one,Accra is never slow (At least from late 2014 up until now)! They are working and will continue to work under the direction of the Ministerial Instructions relating to every application received from the centralized intake office. They might have adopted "a-reduction-in-responding- to-inquiries-from-applicants" approach which has continued to raise suspicion.

As there will be a number of Invitation to apply (ITA) released under the new Express Entry in the coming days,they will be under pressure to release update (Medical Requests, Passport Request,Additional Information,etc) to applicants for both 2013 and 2014 applicants so as to meet the 6 months processing target set for EE.

Patience is key when it comes to immigration on the part of the applicants.

Watch out for good news!

onenigeria

May 5, 2014
Valentine667 said:
That is one thing that has been in my mind all these while but let us believe that that is not the case cos the allocation must not be exhausted oh. Even if that is the case which I don't pray for, let them give out the MR so that we can know we have cross that hurdle. To say the fact, it is not easy and i guess thats why the following people has remain silent on this thread since.

Please EAGLE 1, GOFAME, DADA KARMA, HIGHLY FAVOURED, PATAKI, DON 2263, MASKURAID, AMYYY, ME, EMO, TINYFRONTIER AND BEEBEE02. Wia are u guys God will help us all cos it is not easy to fee this way.

hi valentine have u tried raising GCMS notes?

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Valentine667 said:
If anyone told me that my FSW process will delay like this, I will not believe it but the bible say we should give thanks in everything that we are passing through.It is interesting to note that the level of discussion on this foru has shifted to booking of flight and landing with litu concentration on MR, PPR and issuance of VISA. I am happy for what God has done for his forum so far.

Please those that has collected their VISAs need to pray for we that are remaining especially we that has not seen our MR up till now.We are 12 that are remaining based on spread sheet. Also those that are expecting PPR and Visa shouldn't be left out.

But come to think of it, why the sudden silence from AVO?, have they shifted their attention to 2014 applicants or what cos I couldn't understand. As for me, instead of MR I was asked for POF update which I have sent to them since 21st of November, 2014 but up till now the MR forms has not been sent to me. Although it is very tough but it makes me stronger.

Don't mind me for the long absence, although i am always available on the forum only that I decided to keep mute cos i don't have anything to share but I believe that as God liveth, my good news is around the corner.

God is our strenght.

You greats are not forgotten at all. At times i just wonder what is going on from the end of AVO,but i believe that those guys are working contrary to some of our opinions. Just remain hopeful. I know how it feels like when you have delays and others are moving ahead. Your miracle is definitely on the way and for others too that are still expectant.

I will also advise that we read from you and others from time to time so that we know what is up with your situations. We have really come a long way;God cannot abandon us at this juncture.

I wish you all the best of information very soon.

Cheers.

YET

Feb 4, 2014
Valentine667 said:
If anyone told me that my FSW process will delay like this, I will not believe it but the bible say we should give thanks in everything that we are passing through.It is interesting to note that the level of discussion on this foru has shifted to booking of flight and landing with litu concentration on MR, PPR and issuance of VISA. I am happy for what God has done for his forum so far.

Please those that has collected their VISAs need to pray for we that are remaining especially we that has not seen our MR up till now.We are 12 that are remaining based on spread sheet. Also those that are expecting PPR and Visa shouldn't be left out.

But come to think of it, why the sudden silence from AVO?, have they shifted their attention to 2014 applicants or what cos I couldn't understand. As for me, instead of MR I was asked for POF update which I have sent to them since 21st of November, 2014 but up till now the MR forms has not been sent to me. Although it is very tough but it makes me stronger.

Don't mind me for the long absence, although i am always available on the forum only that I decided to keep mute cos i don't have anything to share but I believe that as God liveth, my good news is around the corner.

God is our strenght.

Hey Valentine,
Take your mind off it will ya.! Whatever would be would be. Worrying wont change anything. Just leave all in God's hand.
Am a 2013 applicant and also waiting for MR.
Just stay calm..!!!

shinemaster

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
kollins said:
Trust me that all is well .
Personally I believe all is going to be well with remainder of you guys.
I'm not too good at assumptions of what may be the cause but i believe there is no story without a glory.
I'm not too sure of the activeness of EAGLE 1 on the thread so i wouldn't want us to expect any news from the applicant.....i have contacted EAGLE 1 severally with no response.
For the remainder of you guys,I believe all is well.
Patience and faith that all will be well is all we've got to have now.
Its well.
Cheers
Just checking in to wish all those with positive response all the best and for the rest still waiting.............Your visas are on the way.

4lashyme

Oct 22, 2014
Hello Forumites,

I read about a member of the 2014 FSW forum for naija [profile name is "Zoze"] who just recieved PPR today.
I hope it's true. then it means AVO has woken up from sleep.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
That's definitely true. And a May 2014 applicant (iCraft) also got MR. So we are believing God that AVO is alive again!

4lashyme said:
Hello Forumites,

I read about a member of the 2014 FSW forum for naija [profile name is "Zoze"] who just recieved PPR today.
I hope it's true. then it means AVO has woken up from sleep.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Valentine667 said:

God is our strenght.
After the darkest hour of the night comes the dawn, your MR will soon knock. Keep the faith, don't despair. It will end in praise by His grace

Phiib

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
solomonwise said:
Permit me to correct the erroneous believe or popular fallacy as it were that visa quota for any fiscal year is exhausted by CIC.

First,we must understand that the introduction of Ministerial Instruction for Skilled Worker program is to centrally control the number of intake per fiscal year. Under no circumstance will applications received (Applications considered complete and within cap)be more than the number already allocated for the fiscal year.

In 2013 FSWP, the total number of applications received was slightly lower than the target for the year as contained in the 2014 annual immigration report. Hence,the question of exceeding quota does and should not arise.

"..There were 52,877 FSW Program admissions in 2013, which is slightly lower than the planned range of 53,500–55,300."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/annual-report-2014/index.asp

As a matter of fact,the 2015 immigration target was released as far back as October 2014.

The question then arises as to what might be responsible for Accra "slow pace" of work. Trust me on this one,Accra is never slow (At least from late 2014 up until now)! They are working and will continue to work under the direction of the Ministerial Instructions relating to every application received from the centralized intake office. They might have adopted "a-reduction-in-responding- to-inquiries-from-applicants" approach which has continued to raise suspicion.

As there will be a number of Invitation to apply (ITA) released under the new Express Entry in the coming days,they will be under pressure to release update (Medical Requests, Passport Request,Additional Information,etc) to applicants for both 2013 and 2014 applicants so as to meet the 6 months processing target set for EE.

Patience is key when it comes to immigration on the part of the applicants.

Watch out for good news!
Great info Solomonwise. It's nice to have such assuring information so as to dampen tensions/doubts about what is up with AVO.
However, it beats my imagination to see NDVO do far more than what AVO is doing.
They have the highest number of applicants yet they have given the most number of VISAs.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
shinemaster said:
Just checking in to wish all those with positive response all the best and for the rest still waiting.............Your visas are on the way.
Amen :).
Cheers

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Phiib said:
Great info Solomonwise. It's nice to have such assuring information so as to dampen tensions/doubts about what is up with AVO.
However, it beats my imagination to see NDVO do far more than what AVO is doing.
They have the highest number of applicants yet they have given the most number of VISAs.
Using NDVO as a yardstick may not be appropriate in this case. As Canada and India share a strong bond that makes the issuance of visa smoother for Indians. http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/visa-process-for-indians-getting-simplified-says-canada-immigration-minister/article6190134.ece I guess this is what applies to the PRVs as well. Funny enough NDVO seems to do more physical employment verification checks before issuing PRVs....

siddy15

Oct 17, 2014
Hello to fellow MR, PPR and PRV hopefuls and of course our yet to land and landed forumites.

4lashyme is right AVO is working again as we sent our new baby's document to Accra on Monday and today we received her medical instruction ( we did our medicals last year oct). So all those expecting an update from Accra should get ready to receive it soon by God's grace.

Thanks

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddy15 said:
Hello to fellow MR, PPR and PRV hopefuls and of course our yet to land and landed forumites.

4lashyme is right AVO is working again as we sent our new baby's document to Accra on Monday and today we received her medical instruction ( we did our medicals last year oct). So all those expecting an update from Accra should get ready to receive it soon by God's grace.

Thanks

This is a cheering news. Congrats!

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
siddy15 said:

Thanks
Congrats ....
So happy for you and the family ...
Cheers

sega03

Jan 1, 2015
Hello good people,

MR came in today just like that!!! Not even sure what to do after waiting for so long. Applied since March 2013. But all glory to God, one step closer to our destination.

Also, an updated POF was requested - which leads to my next question. For my initial application, I used a dollar account statement. However, given the 30 days cap given to return the medicals and other documents there is no way the account can be funded without raising an eyebrow and there's no way to prove its not borrowed.

However, I do have a fixed deposit that can cover the cost, please, seniors, is it OK to drop the dollar account and use the fixed deposit statement or what do you advise?

For those waiting for MR, please be refreshing the mails...it may just come in soonest. And start building your accounts if you need to do so now.

Thank you for all the words of comfort and all while waiting. Our joys will not be cut short. Amen.

NB: AVO official - AB