+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

canada4mind

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
okejji said:
hello. i have contacted iom lagos and i was asked to mail a copy of both my visa and biodata. which i did and i was also ask to state in their application form they send to me to indicate my entended date of departure which i did. then i was asked to pay for my air fare that i ve been booked. i shld pay at standard chatered with account name: International organisation for immigration. has anyone gone tru them. i want to know how true it is. the name of the lady that attended to me is

also if you have found any cheaper fare or airline pls do inform us.
Please, I sent you a P.M. Highest regards

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
let me just assist here. for those trying to contact IOM. you can use this email: oabikoye.iom.int
phone no. 08053916641. the lady name is NIKE. call her first and ask some questions or send her a mail. she is incharge. But there are cheaper airlines like qatar airways. but you can use iom and compare prices. it depends on what you want. cheers

Chimzurum

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
6/01/2014
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
15/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/11/2014
LANDED..........
03/03/2015
okejji said:
let me just assist here. for those trying to contact IOM. you can use this email: oabikoye.iom.int
phone no. 08053916641. the lady name is NIKE. call her first and ask some questions or send her a mail. she is incharge. But there are cheaper airlines like qatar airways. but you can use iom and compare prices. it depends on what you want. cheers
23hours wait time in Dallas on Qatar airways is not funny at all 53 hrs between when you leave Lagos and when u get to CALGARY. Especially if you are with kids. My 2cents sha.

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Chimzurum said:
23hours wait time in Dallas on Qatar airways is not funny at all 53 hrs between when you leave Lagos and when u get to CALGARY. Especially if you are with kids. My 2cents sha.
good info. thats why i said you have to weigh the options. cheaper option higher waiting time and stress then higher fare lesser waiting time and stress.
I dont have kids for now.

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Chimzurum said:
You can check https://www.travelstart.com.ng/
I saw some good flights there!

Emmy70

Nov 11, 2014
oscartan said:
You can check https://www.travelstart.com.ng/
I saw some good flights there!
Good evening people. Please has anyone in the house used Qatar airways's non-stop flight from Lagos to Calgary in the past? What was the experience like? Your unbiased assessment is appreciated.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
okejji said:
good info. thats why i said you have to weigh the options. cheaper option higher waiting time and stress then higher fare lesser waiting time and stress.
I dont have kids for now.
Chimzurum said:
You don't need to go through Dallas route...(there are routes through Montreal too).....and if you decide to go through the route,you should have no issue with your family.
While on Qatar airways for any waiting time that is equal or more than 8 hrs,you're entitled to hotel accommodation including feeding AT NO COST.
Funny thing is you will never be offered if you don't ask.
You're (Married with kids or unmarried) to hotel accommodation,feeding and transit visa in Doha if it's your option........but like i say,Qatar airline will never offer you if you do not ask. :D
Cheers

Chimzurum

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
6/01/2014
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
15/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/11/2014
LANDED..........
03/03/2015
kollins said:
You don't need to go through Dallas route...(there are routes through Montreal too).....and if you decide to go through the route,you should have no issue with your family.
While on Qatar airways for any waiting time that is equal or more than 8 hrs,you're entitled to hotel accommodation including feeding AT NO COST.
Funny thing is you will never be offered if you don't ask.
You're (Married with kids or unmarried) to hotel accommodation,feeding and transit visa in Doha if it's your option........but like i say,Qatar airline will never offer you if you do not ask. :D
Cheers

I have been on the Qatar airways website severally and havent seen a Montreal layover. According to their customer service rep you only get hotel in Doha but not in Dallas and it's in Dallas that's the layover time is 23hrs so doesn't make sense.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Chimzurum said:
I have been on the Qatar airways website severally and havent seen a Montreal layover. According to their customer service rep you only get hotel in Doha but not in Dallas and it's in Dallas that's the layover time is 23hrs so doesn't make sense.
There are quite a number of flights with Montreal layover. The route just gets filled faster than the Dallas route. As at the last time I checked July 2 amongst others had the Montreal option. If you do a page by page checking you'll find more dates.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Chimzurum said:
The fact that you did not see Montreal route on your interested date doesn't mean there is none.It may have been filled for same day.
Just a random search for 10th February ,2015 shows the Montreal option with a 9hrs layover time in Doha......
https://booking.qatarairways.com/qribe-web/public/showBooking.action?widget=BF&selLang=en
Cheers

STARGIRL

Oct 8, 2014
good morning good people! trust we are all good. please can any1 enlighten me on this express entry process,have a friend who want to go thru the process but dont know where to start. many thanks!

Valentine667

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London visa office
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04/oct/2016
Doc's Request.
31/11/2016
Nomination.....
11/01/2017
AOR Received.
06/07/2017
IELTS Request
Na
File Transfer...
Na
Med's Request
27/07/2017
Med's Done....
11/08/2017
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soonest
LANDED..........
If anyone told me that my FSW process will delay like this, I will not believe it but the bible say we should give thanks in everything that we are passing through.It is interesting to note that the level of discussion on this foru has shifted to booking of flight and landing with litu concentration on MR, PPR and issuance of VISA. I am happy for what God has done for his forum so far.

Please those that has collected their VISAs need to pray for we that are remaining especially we that has not seen our MR up till now.We are 12 that are remaining based on spread sheet. Also those that are expecting PPR and Visa shouldn't be left out.

But come to think of it, why the sudden silence from AVO?, have they shifted their attention to 2014 applicants or what cos I couldn't understand. As for me, instead of MR I was asked for POF update which I have sent to them since 21st of November, 2014 but up till now the MR forms has not been sent to me. Although it is very tough but it makes me stronger.

Don't mind me for the long absence, although i am always available on the forum only that I decided to keep mute cos i don't have anything to share but I believe that as God liveth, my good news is around the corner.

God is our strenght.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Hello Valentine. It is well and will remain well. I believe it is AVO delaying the process of visa issuance for FSW applicants rather than your application having any issues. My guess is that the Visa allocation for 2014 may have been exhausted (I hope I'm wrong). If that's the case then things may be slow until about March/April. Hopefully this isn't the case and both yourself and the remaining waiting members of this forum will get to hear from AVO soonest. Be strong

Valentine667 said:
If anyone told me that my FSW process will delay like this, I will not believe it but the bible say we should give thanks in everything that we are passing through.It is interesting to note that the level of discussion on this foru has shifted to booking of flight and landing with litu concentration on MR, PPR and issuance of VISA. I am happy for what God has done for his forum so far.

Please those that has collected their VISAs need to pray for we that are remaining especially we that has not seen our MR up till now.We are 12 that are remaining based on spread sheet. Also those that are expecting PPR and Visa shouldn't be left out.

But come to think of it, why the sudden silence from AVO?, have they shifted their attention to 2014 applicants or what cos I couldn't understand. As for me, instead of MR I was asked for POF update which I have sent to them since 21st of November, 2014 but up till now the MR forms has not been sent to me. Although it is very tough but it makes me stronger.

Don't mind me for the long absence, although i am always available on the forum only that I decided to keep mute cos i don't have anything to share but I believe that as God liveth, my good news is around the corner.

God is our strenght.

Valentine667

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London visa office
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04/oct/2016
Doc's Request.
31/11/2016
Nomination.....
11/01/2017
AOR Received.
06/07/2017
IELTS Request
Na
File Transfer...
Na
Med's Request
27/07/2017
Med's Done....
11/08/2017
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soonest
LANDED..........
nanonye said:
Hello Valentine. It is well and will remain well. I believe it is AVO delaying the process of visa issuance for FSW applicants rather than your application having any issues. My guess is that the Visa allocation for 2014 may have been exhausted (I hope I'm wrong). If that's the case then things may be slow until about March/April. Hopefully this isn't the case and both yourself and the remaining waiting members of this forum will get to hear from AVO soonest. Be strong
That is one thing that has been in my mind all these while but let us believe that that is not the case cos the allocation must not be exhausted oh. Even if that is the case which I don't pray for, let them give out the MR so that we can know we have cross that hurdle. To say the fact, it is not easy and i guess thats why the following people has remain silent on this thread since.

Please EAGLE 1, GOFAME, DADA KARMA, HIGHLY FAVOURED, PATAKI, DON 2263, MASKURAID, AMYYY, ME, EMO, TINYFRONTIER AND BEEBEE02. Wia are u guys God will help us all cos it is not easy to fee this way.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Valentine667 said:

God is our strenght.
Valentine667 said:
That is one thing that has been in my mind all these while but let us believe that that is not the case cos the allocation must not be exhausted oh. Even if that is the case which I don't pray for, let them give out the MR so that we can know we have cross that hurdle. To say the fact, it is not easy and i guess thats why the following people has remain silent on this thread since.

Please EAGLE 1, GOFAME, DADA KARMA, HIGHLY FAVOURED, PATAKI, DON 2263, MASKURAID, AMYYY, ME, EMO, TINYFRONTIER AND BEEBEE02. Wia are u guys God will help us all cos it is not easy to fee this way.
Trust me that all is well .
Personally I believe all is going to be well with remainder of you guys.
I'm not too good at assumptions of what may be the cause but i believe there is no story without a glory.
I'm not too sure of the activeness of EAGLE 1 on the thread so i wouldn't want us to expect any news from the applicant.....i have contacted EAGLE 1 severally with no response.
For the remainder of you guys,I believe all is well.
Patience and faith that all will be well is all we've got to have now.
Its well.
Cheers