Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Sorry about the mixup with DHL Andrew. Its most unfortunate that after paying so much, people that call themselves professionals decide to handle sensitive issues like this with kids gloves. DHL has been disappointing and people should know that they can also engage UPS which is what i did. Please proceed to DHL's office tomorrow and ensure this is sorted out asap. All the best.

GENTLEANDREW said:
Hmmmm,we are yet to get our passports from DHL with a day short of two weeks since Accra sent pick up mail. I have called DHL severally and they have consistently maintained that Accra are yet to release our passports. I was prompted this morning to send Accra a mail and they responded in less than 5 minutes that they are still waiting for our courier company to come and pick our documents. I just do not get it. Could DHL have been misleading me all along because the said they visit Accra's office everyday.

Well,they said they will act immediately. I have forwarded the mail i got from Accra to them so that it will not look a frame up. I cannot wait to see the maple leaf on our passports. Hmmmm!

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Congrats Aijaynwoke. Finally u strike Gold! All the best.

Aijaynwoke said:
I cannot believe that you have not received your passports, call DHL Accra.

To the glory of God the Almighty, we have received our passports with visas and COPR today being my daughter's birthday. We initiated pick up with DHL on 23rd December, visa issued on 17th December. I thank everyone for all your supports and contributions towards achieving this dream. May God bless you all and those still expecting updates our Lord will surely do it. I am so happy that this first phase has come to a positive end.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
much_mann, this is a great post. Thanks for sharing. +1 for you.

much_mann said:
For the benefits of those still wondering if you can renew your passport after PR visa has been issued.NOTE: This does not in anyway extend the validity date of your PR visa. This information may be of benefit to you say in a situation where your passport expiry date is less than 6months to your planned departure date.

To illustrate, you completed medical in December 2014 and your passport will expire say January 2016. Your visa was affixed sometime in March 2015 for example and you plan to land 6months later (Sept 2015) which means four months after you land, you will need to renew your passports. It might be easier and cost effective to renew before leaving you home country and buy yourself a couple of years. One less worry.

See official reply from VO on the subject.

Hello,

Please be advised that you may obtain a new passport and add it to the current passport ,if the need arises. However, please make sure that the page closest to the page on which you have the permanent residence visa (current passport) remains unstamped as information will be entered unto that page at the port of entry.

Thank you,

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (KAS)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
Tiyo said:
To the glory of God Almighty we landed safely in Calgary on the 27th of December, everything went smoothly till we left the airport to our destination. A dream come true and we ate enjoying the white holiday indoors. we all shall have wonderful testimonies to share in this forum, to all expecting hold on nd be steadfast, we all shall see the Maple leaf. Shalom
Big congrats to you and your family, thanks for sharing your landing experience.

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
Aijaynwoke said:

To the glory of God the Almighty, we have received our passports with visas and COPR today being my daughter's birthday. We initiated pick up with DHL on 23rd December, visa issued on 17th December. I thank everyone for all your supports and contributions towards achieving this dream. May God bless you all and those still expecting updates our Lord will surely do it. I am so happy that this first phase has come to a positive end.
Congrats, thank God for the glorious ending of this phase.Happy birthday to your daughter!

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YET said:
@ GENTLEANDREW, God bless you for starting this channel, I always leave better informed on each visit.
@ Kollins, We shall smile together into Ca, Amen.
@ iCraft, Merci Beaucoup, am learning french lil by lil, it should become handy in future.
@ Dotsngr, Warriors don't give up and you're one. You would laugh last and remember God's favour, Amen.
@ Kayb, I key in to your prayers in Jesus Name, Amen.

A lil research on Canada reveals that you only need spend 3yrs in their country(out of which 2yrs as a permanent resident) to apply for Citizenship.
Also with their passport, you can enter about 170 other countries visa free (amazing).
Going by different people's experiences and even my friends there too, it would be better to enrol for a short program (say 3-4months, if any)
to quickly have a Canadian credential to ease the process of nailing a good job. For intending settlers, its always good to conduct researches
for prospective programs, afterall you wont be paying international fees.

I believe this lil piece would be of help to someone.!
You are so on point! Apart from desperately wanting to give the children a better schooling experience / international outlook. Being refused visa is not a nice psychological experience for no just cause that I do not want my generation to ever experience.

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Compliment of the seasons to all seniors in this forum. May God complete His work in our lives soonest.

I am puzzled and I am seeking advice please.

As a family of three, POF is 18097. If I provide 20000 proof of fund to ensure I am in a comfort zone. If at AVO stage, the exchange rate has affected my fixed deposit that it has brought down to an amount still above the minimum 18097 or even equal to it. What can be done.

Must I still meet my initial 20000 or can I now stay with the minimum and give AVO exchange rate reason.

Just thinking aloud please help

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Nice post and very informative. Thanks much man.

much_mann said:
For the benefits of those still wondering if you can renew your passport after PR visa has been issued.NOTE: This does not in anyway extend the validity date of your PR visa. This information may be of benefit to you say in a situation where your passport expiry date is less than 6months to your planned departure date.

To illustrate, you completed medical in December 2014 and your passport will expire say January 2016. Your visa was affixed sometime in March 2015 for example and you plan to land 6months later (Sept 2015) which means four months after you land, you will need to renew your passports. It might be easier and cost effective to renew before leaving you home country and buy yourself a couple of years. One less worry.

See official reply from VO on the subject.

Hello,

Please be advised that you may obtain a new passport and add it to the current passport ,if the need arises. However, please make sure that the page closest to the page on which you have the permanent residence visa (current passport) remains unstamped as information will be entered unto that page at the port of entry.

Thank you,

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (KAS)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Sambisa Valley said:
Compliment of the seasons to all seniors in this forum. May God complete His work in our lives soonest.

I am puzzled and I am seeking advice please.

As a family of three, POF is 18097. If I provide 20000 proof of fund to ensure I am in a comfort zone. If at AVO stage, the exchange rate has affected my fixed deposit that it has brought down to an amount still above the minimum 18097 or even equal to it. What can be done.

Must I still meet my initial 20000 or can I now stay with the minimum and give AVO exchange rate reason.

Just thinking aloud please help
Seasons greetings to you.
My understanding of your question is if it's mandatory to meet your initial POF evidence (e.g 20,000CAD for family of 3) submitted at the application stage.
At any stage of the process ,you will be evaluated ONLY with the specified minimum POF for your family size regardless of the excess amount of it that you may have submitted initially.For your family size,if Accra asks for update of your POF,they will use the minimum specified POF of 18,097CAD to determine your case.With about 19,000CAD(mainly coz of exchange rate),you should be fine.........but only the 18,097CAD is required for you to show as evidence if you're asked for update.
Meanwhile,I want you to have the confidence that AVO will soon start attending to PNP applicants too.I have a lot of buddies also with AOR but yet without medical request.I will want to assume/presume that they may not have quota left for PNP applicants but I'm sure 1st quarter in 2015 will bring positive news.
Be encouraged !
Cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Aijaynwoke said:

Congrats buddy for the sweet end of this process.
Sometimes in our lives,some battles are lost when we're faced with realities.....
It doesn't matter if some battles are lost ,what matters is winning the WAR because history only mention heroes of WARS...
With your successful accomplishment,you're a heroe of FSWP :D
Wishing you and the whole family a much celebrated and fun filled new year.
Enjoy the moments .
Cheers.

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
kollins said:
Seasons greetings to you.
My understanding of your question is if it's mandatory to meet your initial POF evidence (e.g 20,000CAD for family of 3) submitted at the application stage.
At any stage of the process ,you will be evaluated ONLY with the specified minimum POF for your family size regardless of the excess amount of it that you may have submitted initially.For your family size,if Accra asks for update of your POF,they will use the minimum specified POF of 18,097CAD to determine your case.With about 19,000CAD(mainly coz of exchange rate),you should be fine.........but only the 18,097CAD is required for you to show as evidence if you're asked for update.
Meanwhile,I want you to have the confidence that AVO will soon start attending to PNP applicants too.I have a lot of buddies also with AOR but yet without medical request.I will want to assume/presume that they may not have quota left for PNP applicants but I'm sure 1st quarter in 2015 will bring positive news.
Be encouraged !
Cheers
Thank you Mr Kollins. You got my question right and clear. Now, I can sleep well.

May God give you more wisdom. As at my check this morning, the CAD equivalent of the naira is 19030 so I will bother less.

Thanks to all forumites

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NwaMarie said:
Don't mind these DHL people, Gentleandrew. Call DHL Accra. Refer to my experience here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nigerians-that-have-applied-for-federal-skilled-workers-2013-program-t160551.7305.html

Wow,we are talking about thesame place here• I work in Ikoyi and the place is not too far from my office• Infact,I have spoken with four different people and they told me thesame thing“Your name is not on the list of people expecting their passports”• I could not bear it again and had to email AVO• They responded that they have been waiting for me• Today shall be different•

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
Wow,we are talking about thesame place here• I work in Ikoyi and the place is not too far from my office• Infact,I have spoken with four different people and they told me thesame thing“Your name is not on the list of people expecting their passports”• I could not bear it again and had to email AVO• They responded that they have been waiting for me• Today shall be different•
I think it time to act wisely and boldly. my advice at this point is to terminate the business you have with DHL and initial UPS to pickup your docs. since AVO said that your docs are still wit them. DHL should refund you your money or you sue them. this people are playing with your destiny. shine you eyes
you can send AVO a mail that you have cancel DHL authourization and you are using a different courier service for the pickup.

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
GENTLEANDREW said:
You may also visit the DHL website and lodge your complaints on their "contact DHL" section. If possible mention your receipt number and other transaction details. DHL is messing up because it seems they are the only ones doing PP pick up. I went to FedEx but they said they don't offer such service. If you try UPS and they have such, please go ahead and use them.
I wrote a very serious letter to them when they were delaying, and asked for an immediate refund before they got up and attended to my request!

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okejji said:
I think it time to act wisely and boldly. my advice at this point is to terminate the business you have with DHL and initial UPS to pickup your docs. since AVO said that your docs are still wit them. DHL should refund you your money or you sue them. this people are playing with your destiny. shine you eyes
you can send AVO a mail that you have cancel DHL authourization and you are using a different courier service for the pickup.

I really welcome your suggestion. Infact, what you just said was what i planned this morning. I think because of the way i threatened yesterday,they are now on my file as all the three;DHL ikoyi,DHL Lagos headquarters and DHL Accra now have my information. They called not too long that i now have a tracking number and that they have moved straight to the embassy. They have given me the tracking number and i can now track. You can imagine,since 17th of December. Devil na liar ooo. What if i had not contacted AVO who simply responded in record time that they have been waiting for my courier agent? I will still be have been thinking that AVO is passive while they are actually on top of their jobs.

I am still tracking and believe that it should land Naija today while i pick it up tomorrow or friday. God bless you for your concern. Cheers.