+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Tiyo said:
To the glory of God Almighty we landed safely in Calgary on the 27th of December, everything went smoothly till we left the airport to our destination. A dream come true and we ate enjoying the white holiday indoors. we all shall have wonderful testimonies to share in this forum, to all expecting hold on nd be steadfast, we all shall see the Maple leaf. Shalom

Congratulations Tiyo.

Really happy for you.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Tiyo said:
We did not use IOM, we booked directly with KLM, we left lagos on the 26th of December via Amsterdam where we had a waiting period of about 6hours. We arrived Calgary in the afternoon local time, we proceeded to passport control where a lovely lady attended to us and she was so sweet, spoke to my daughter's if they were ready for the cold weather, she never asked us any other questions apart from what I filled in the declaration form given to us in the plane, she asked if the food stuffs were dried and I said yes, she later showed us to the Immigration Section, where another lovely lady attended to us immediately, we were asked to sign the two white forms that came along with our passport that had our passport photograph on it, she kept a copy and gave us the second copy which we will use to get social security number, health card, open bank account and do other stuffs, it will be our temporary card until the permanent residency card comes out, which she said can take some few weeks before it comes out, she congratulated us and we went to pick our luggages and as we were about stepping out we presented the declaration card to the custom who asked if we were bringing in other stuffs and we said no, we were not asked POF, no questions at all and we left the airport. We spent less than 1hour from landing and doing all we did. It was a wonderful experience, hope this helps someone out there. Shalom
Nice landing experience....
Hoping to hear more updates from you soonest.
Cheers.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tiyo said:
We did not use IOM, we booked directly with KLM, we left lagos on the 26th of December via Amsterdam where we had a waiting period of about 6hours. We arrived Calgary in the afternoon local time, we proceeded to passport control where a lovely lady attended to us and she was so sweet, spoke to my daughter's if they were ready for the cold weather, she never asked us any other questions apart from what I filled in the declaration form given to us in the plane, she asked if the food stuffs were dried and I said yes, she later showed us to the Immigration Section, where another lovely lady attended to us immediately, we were asked to sign the two white forms that came along with our passport that had our passport photograph on it, she kept a copy and gave us the second copy which we will use to get social security number, health card, open bank account and do other stuffs, it will be our temporary card until the permanent residency card comes out, which she said can take some few weeks before it comes out, she congratulated us and we went to pick our luggages and as we were about stepping out we presented the declaration card to the custom who asked if we were bringing in other stuffs and we said no, we were not asked POF, no questions at all and we left the airport. We spent less than 1hour from landing and doing all we did. It was a wonderful experience, hope this helps someone out there. Shalom

Great stuff. Have a splendid time as you capture the whole beautiful environment you just found yourself. All the best. Cheers.

much_mann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
For the benefits of those still wondering if you can renew your passport after PR visa has been issued.NOTE: This does not in anyway extend the validity date of your PR visa. This information may be of benefit to you say in a situation where your passport expiry date is less than 6months to your planned departure date.

To illustrate, you completed medical in December 2014 and your passport will expire say January 2016. Your visa was affixed sometime in March 2015 for example and you plan to land 6months later (Sept 2015) which means four months after you land, you will need to renew your passports. It might be easier and cost effective to renew before leaving you home country and buy yourself a couple of years. One less worry.

See official reply from VO on the subject.

Hello,

Please be advised that you may obtain a new passport and add it to the current passport ,if the need arises. However, please make sure that the page closest to the page on which you have the permanent residence visa (current passport) remains unstamped as information will be entered unto that page at the port of entry.

Thank you,

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (KAS)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
GENTLEANDREW said:
Hmmmm,we are yet to get our passports from DHL with a day short of two weeks since Accra sent pick up mail. I have called DHL severally and they have consistently maintained that Accra are yet to release our passports. I was prompted this morning to send Accra a mail and they responded in less than 5 minutes that they are still waiting for our courier company to come and pick our documents. I just do not get it. Could DHL have been misleading me all along because the said they visit Accra's office everyday.

Well,they said they will act immediately. I have forwarded the mail i got from Accra to them so that it will not look a frame up. I cannot wait to see the maple leaf on our passports. Hmmmm!

I cannot believe that you have not received your passports, call DHL Accra.

To the glory of God the Almighty, we have received our passports with visas and COPR today being my daughter's birthday. We initiated pick up with DHL on 23rd December, visa issued on 17th December. I thank everyone for all your supports and contributions towards achieving this dream. May God bless you all and those still expecting updates our Lord will surely do it. I am so happy that this first phase has come to a positive end.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aijaynwoke said:

To the glory of God the Almighty, we have received our passports with visas and COPR today being my daughter's birthday. We initiated pick up with DHL on 23rd December, visa issued on 17th December. I thank everyone for all your supports and contributions towards achieving this dream. May God bless you all and those still expecting updates our Lord will surely do it. I am so happy that this first phase has come to a positive end.

Congratulations to you• Honestly this DHL people are something else• AVO confidently responded that they have been waiting for my courier service while DHL has been given me the impression that AVO staff are not on seat• No tracking for close to two weeks• I am paying them an unsual visit tomorrow• I am beginning to suspect a foul play• Thank God that it is not a case of them looking for our passports• They have been waiting for DHL for almost 2 weeks

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations Tiyo, do hold the forth, we shall all be there soon in Jesus name, Amen.

Tiyo said:
To the glory of God Almighty we landed safely in Calgary on the 27th of December, everything went smoothly till we left the airport to our destination. A dream come true and we ate enjoying the white holiday indoors. we all shall have wonderful testimonies to share in this forum, to all expecting hold on nd be steadfast, we all shall see the Maple leaf. Shalom

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congratulations Aijaynwoke, wishing you an your family a safe trip and successful integration into your new country.

Aijaynwoke said:

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
Tiyo said:
Thanks for sharing landing experience

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
Tiyo said:
Thanks for sharing your landing experience

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
YET said:
@ GENTLEANDREW, God bless you for starting this channel, I always leave better informed on each visit.
@ Kollins, We shall smile together into Ca, Amen.
@ iCraft, Merci Beaucoup, am learning french lil by lil, it should become handy in future.
@ Dotsngr, Warriors don't give up and you're one. You would laugh last and remember God's favour, Amen.
@ Kayb, I key in to your prayers in Jesus Name, Amen.

A lil research on Canada reveals that you only need spend 3yrs in their country(out of which 2yrs as a permanent resident) to apply for Citizenship.
Also with their passport, you can enter about 170 other countries visa free (amazing).
Going by different people's experiences and even my friends there too, it would be better to enrol for a short program (say 3-4months, if any)
to quickly have a Canadian credential to ease the process of nailing a good job. For intending settlers, its always good to conduct researches
for prospective programs, afterall you wont be paying international fees.

I believe this lil piece would be of help to someone.!
Nice one YET. You sure are a winner.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
Hmmmm,we are yet to get our passports from DHL with a day short of two weeks since Accra sent pick up mail. I have called DHL severally and they have consistently maintained that Accra are yet to release our passports. I was prompted this morning to send Accra a mail and they responded in less than 5 minutes that they are still waiting for our courier company to come and pick our documents. I just do not get it. Could DHL have been misleading me all along because the said they visit Accra's office everyday.

Well,they said they will act immediately. I have forwarded the mail i got from Accra to them so that it will not look a frame up. I cannot wait to see the maple leaf on our passports. Hmmmm!
Don't mind these DHL people, Gentleandrew. Call DHL Accra. Refer to my experience here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nigerians-that-have-applied-for-federal-skilled-workers-2013-program-t160551.7305.html

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
Tiyo said:
Congrats on your smooth landing, Tiyo. May God favor you and your family in Canada. Cheers.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
Aijaynwoke said:

Congrats Aijaynwoke. We thank God for everything.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Congrats Tiyo on your smooth landing experience. Enjoy your new county and home. God bless.

Tiyo said: