+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
ty said:
We are very grateful to the Lord once again, we got pickup mail this evening after we noticed 4th line decision made yesterday. I guess it changed since Friday but just noticed yesterday. Praise the Lord!
congrats

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Flaky said:
I guess I am not in my waka pass mode this evening.

Here is my take to everyone worring about MR, PR or whatever R it is, after you get the so called R and visa, what next?
If I were you, that would be the least of my worries right now. My advice to you all

1. Change your money from naira to usd before it reaches 195 or wherever the cbn is taking it to. For those of you that have a R in the waiting and are still shopping on jumai or whatever, that's the worst decision ever. Save your money , Canada is not cheap, rent is not cheap,cost of living isn't beans, and nobody will house you for long even if they are your blood siblings. No matter how much money you bring , as long as you are not working, it's going to diminish right in your eyes, and even if you work, getting yourself well settled is going to take at least 2 years. Quote me on that!

2. Canada is not heaven. When I left the airport, my first impression was " and so, is this the place??"Don't think you are " running away" . You are just about to leave or leaving a challenging environment to come to another equally challenging environment. So, save yourselves the needless worries and pray.
I am not going to share any experience because to each his own really. We will all have different experiences. I have experienced both sides of the coin get a job before landing and having to come here and fight through the nepotism to get a job as an immigrant. Please do not ask me how the person that got the job before Naija did it. To each his own!
The job market in 2015 is going to be TOUGH, truth be told! People are already losing jobs and companies are already downsizing. There won't be as many adverts for jobs as this year unless the oil price improves. Just so you know, majority bod the job ads are just formalities , they already have their prefered candidates but they must advertise to fulfil all requirements.So if you don't have anything to WORRY ABOUT other than a MR or PR or whatever R, that's one thing for you to do and add to new year prayer list.
PR card doesn't pay the rent, bills or put food on the table, at times I wished it did though.

3. For those with children who are already here and are spending the child tax benefit the govt gives , that's the worst decision ever. At least , when I talk to Nigerians , they all say "they came here to give their kids a better life". So give them the " better life " you claim. Come to the bank and open an account for them and let the money go there . Tuition fees as is , is already on the hike and will continue in the coming years! You don't want your children to go to school on enormous student loans!

I may not have come to burst your bubbles but if I did, mission accomplished!
Many thanks for the words of advice/wisdom........
It's really appreciated ......
Having these points in the conscious mind makes better preparation to face the future...
Even a bed of roses has gotten sharp thorns embedded in it.
Cheers

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
STARGIRL said:
compliments of the season to evri1! just like the biblical 10 lepers cleansed with 1 returning to give thanks, I am back to thank the house for all your support and counsel. we got our visas and docs on Friday,19th dec. may God perfect all that concern us and make all our ways prosperous.......nagode o,eseun...hehehe
Congrats

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !
Flaky said:

Here is my take to everyone worring about MR, PR or whatever R it is, after you get the so called R and visa, what next?
If I were you, that would be the least of my worries right now. My advice to you all

1. Change your money from naira to usd before it reaches 195 or wherever the cbn is taking it to. For those of you that have a R in the waiting and are still shopping on jumai or whatever, that's the worst decision ever. Save your money , Canada is not cheap, rent is not cheap,cost of living isn't beans, and nobody will house you for long even if they are your blood siblings. No matter how much money you bring , as long as you are not working, it's going to diminish right in your eyes, and even if you work, getting yourself well settled is going to take at least 2 years. Quote me on that!

2. Canada is not heaven. When I left the airport, my first impression was " and so, is this the place??"Don't think you are " running away" . You are just about to leave or leaving a challenging environment to come to another equally challenging environment. So, save yourselves the needless worries and pray.
I am not going to share any experience because to each his own really. We will all have different experiences. I have experienced both sides of the coin get a job before landing and having to come here and fight through the nepotism to get a job as an immigrant. Please do not ask me how the person that got the job before Naija did it. To each his own!
The job market in 2015 is going to be TOUGH, truth be told! People are already losing jobs and companies are already downsizing. There won't be as many adverts for jobs as this year unless the oil price improves. Just so you know, majority bod the job ads are just formalities , they already have their prefered candidates but they must advertise to fulfil all requirements.So if you don't have anything to WORRY ABOUT other than a MR or PR or whatever R, that's one thing for you to do and add to new year prayer list.
PR card doesn't pay the rent, bills or put food on the table, at times I wished it did though.

3. For those with children who are already here and are spending the child tax benefit the govt gives , that's the worst decision ever. At least , when I talk to Nigerians , they all say "they came here to give their kids a better life". So give them the " better life " you claim. Come to the bank and open an account for them and let the money go there . Tuition fees as is , is already on the hike and will continue in the coming years! You don't want your children to go to school on enormous student loans!

@flaky. stop sounding as a prophet of doom. and to all forumites keep your dreams alive. canada is good and will continue to be. plan and look forward and your dreams shall come to pass.

move on to canada,

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Opportunities to acquire recognized Canadian work experience in your profession through up to three-month mentorship placement in Calgary, Vancouver and Ottawa.
http://www.maple2.ca/services/professionals/
Cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Parent and Grandparent program re-opening January 2, 2015.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada will accept new applications to sponsor parents and grandparents starting January 2, 2015. Applications received before January 2, 2015 will not be accepted and will be returned to the applicant. 5000 complete applications will be accepted for 2015....
Please check the link below..
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=916099
Cheers

tolex

Jan 24, 2013
petereshiett2K1 said:
@ flaky. stop sounding as a prophet of doom. and to all forumites keep your dreams alive. canada is good and will continue to be. plan and look forward and your dreams shall come to pass.

move on to canada,
...long time bro;did u get my reply to ur pm?

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Flaky said:

Thanks Flaky. Reality as it is...No sugar coated experiences here......much appreciated!

meemee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
12-01-2015
Med's Done....
22-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
Reality check. Well said.

Flaky said:

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
HELLO HOUSE PLEASE ADVICE.
AVO SENT ME A PICKUP MAIL ON 17 DEC AND IMMEDIATELY I INITATED A PICKUP VIA DHL THAT SAME DAY. UPTIL NOW I HAVENT GOTTEN MY PACKAGE. I ASKED THE CUSTOMER CARE SHE SAID THAT FROM 15 DEC AVO HAS NOT RELEASED ANY DOCS. TO THEM. I JUST TRACKED MY DOCS. IT SHOWS THAT "" shippment information received". WHAT NEXT?

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okejji said:
HELLO HOUSE PLEASE ADVICE.
AVO SENT ME A PICKUP MAIL ON 17 DEC AND IMMEDIATELY I INITATED A PICKUP VIA DHL THAT SAME DAY. UPTIL NOW I HAVENT GOTTEN MY PACKAGE. I ASKED THE CUSTOMER CARE SHE SAID THAT FROM 15 DEC AVO HAS NOT RELEASED ANY DOCS. TO THEM. I JUST TRACKED MY DOCS. IT SHOWS THAT "" shippment information received". WHAT NEXT?

I am in thesame shoe. I think that it is general. They might just release all today or tomorrow. Probably doing all together before they go on hols. Lets be hopeful.

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
Hmmm! Truth is bitter but better said.thanks Sis! God's grace that has brought us this far will see us through...
Flaky said:

4lashyme

Oct 22, 2014
Hello House,

i have noticed that recently [like 2-3 week now], AVO has not sent out any new PPR mails [pls correct me if i'm wrong]. Can anybody give us any preview as to what may be the reason?

Awaiting suggestions.

thank you.

PORPHRY

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
29-10-14 and 01-06-15
AOR Received.
14-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-11-14
Med's Done....
21-11-14
Passport Req..
19-06-15
4lashyme said:
Hello House,

i have noticed that recently [like 2-3 week now], AVO has not sent out any new PPR mails [pls correct me if i'm wrong]. Can anybody give us any preview as to what may be the reason?

Awaiting suggestions.

thank you.
I am as worried as i guess you are, i can see we have the same date for MR, please when and where did you do your Medicals? did mine 21 st Nov.