NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
canada4mind said:
Good morning fellow Nigerians(oh sorry, I meant to say Canadians. I will work on myself not to repeat that mistake again). I got my visa and my familys' at DHL NAHCO office yesterday. The procedure was that I forwarded my pick up mail to the DHL officer who attended to me(no letter of authorization was requested), mailed him the second day for my BCJ number and he responded in a couple of minutes sending the number and the customer service line tha I could contact to get status of my documents. With this customer service line, I was privileged to get my tracking number.

One other thing that I must mention was that my name was misspelled by DHL. Luckily, this did not cause much issue because I requested to pickup my documents at their office to forestall delivery issues.
Big congrats to you and thanks for sharing the procedure!

LDee

Dec 12, 2014
hmmm...where do i start from..greetings all... I am a secret disciple of this forum(Nicodimus..ish). I follow this forum daily and keenly. I always get info from here.. You guys are great ..really. I know there are many pps like me out there..
I received my VISA and COPR yesterday to the glory of God.
My timeline is thus: Applied in July2013...my application was returned in September 2013 but i only received it in December 2013. Reason being that I did not fill the travel history form(i felt no need as i hadn't travelled out of the country before. I didnt know that I needed to fill it and just put N/A on the form). I did this, raised another bank draft(because it was nearing the 6 months expiry date) and resent...my application was received december 24th 2013. I received PER in Febeuary 2014. I changed my house address and saw on this forum that one needs to inform ACCRA. so i informed accra on October 24th 2014. Lo and behold same day i received MR and additional forms, Police report and PRPF. did medicals november 1st and my additional documents were received November 10th. November 19th i got Passport request. Sent the passport and it was received by Accra November 24th. On monday December 8th i got Passport pickup mail and contacted DHL. Yesterday December11th i received my passport from DHL at my office i immediately opened it to avoid any mixup like I've heard here, I saw my names on it and was really smiling. The DHL guy asked for recharge card, I gave him more gladly..lool...

I decided to register and appreciate you all. This forum is helping lots of people even those that are not members or do not comment. I am a witness. God bless everyone of us and help us in settling in our new abode. Cheers all.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
LDee said:
hmmm...where do i start from..greetings all... I am a secret disciple of this forum(Nicodimus..ish). I follow this forum daily and keenly. I always get info from here.. You guys are great ..really. I know there are many pps like me out there..
My timeline is thus: Applied in July2013...my application was returned in September 2013 but i only received it in December 2013. Reason being that I did not fill the travel history form(i felt no need as i hadn't travelled out of the country before. I didnt know that I needed to fill it and just put N/A on the form). I did this, raised another bank draft(because it was nearing the 6 months expiry date) and resent...my application was received december 24th 2013. I received PER in Febeuary 2014. I changed my house address and saw on this forum that one needs to inform ACCRA. so i informed accra on October 24th 2014. Lo and behold same day i received MR and additional forms, Police report and PRPF. did medicals november 1st and my additional documents were received November 10th. November 19th i got Passport request. Sent the passport and it was received by Accra November 24th. On monday December 8th i got Passport pickup mail and contacted DHL. Yesterday December11th i received my passport from DHL at my office i immediately opened it to avoid any mixup like I've heard here, I saw my names on it and was really smiling. The DHL guy asked for recharge card, I gave him more gladly..lool...

I decided to register and appreciate you all. This forum is helping lots of people even those that are not members or do not comment. I am a witness. God bless everyone of us and help us in settling in our new abode. Cheers all.
Congrats...
Really happy for you....
Also,welcome officially to the thread....
I'll just extract your info/details now and put it on the SS for record purposes...
Not sure you mentioned your NOC....waiting for that bit of info.
Exact date of your PER.
Congrats and welcome once again.
Cheers.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LDee said:

Really great one i must say. Reminds me of the story of the 10 lepers healed by Jesus with just one coming back to testify of the goodness of the Lord. I pray for more of God's blessings in your life as your COPR and visa will serve as springboard for the release of others. I wish you the best in your new country; should i say "our new country".God bless your heart. Cheers and congrats again.

nerylanmi

Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
[color=red]2132[/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=purple]04-09-2014[/color]
Doc's Request.
[color=green] 02-03-2016[/color] 5669, POF, 5401 & PCC
Nomination.....
[color=green] 10-12-2014[/color]
AOR Received.
[color=brown] 5-1-2015[/color]
Med's Request
[color=cyan][b]30-06-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=blue][b]14-08-2015[/b][/color]
LDee said:

Congrats Secret Disciple.
Typical DHL ways ...lol

chuka2003

Sep 28, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
12-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2014
LANDED..........
10-12-2014
GENTLEANDREW said:
yeah... I just spent good money on expensive aboki forex when i could easily have been transacting with my GTB mastercard :( :( :( :(. the rates across the POS and ATMs are definitely better.
Although, i am not definitely sure if it was't an oversight on the part of the immigration officer but all the folks who have all recently landed never had to show their POF on landing. I will research more and revert if i get more info.

All the best.

Really happy for you oo. I really like the detailed information that you have provided. It will really help. This idea of asking for POF at the port of entry seems to me a fas afterall. I think some people in the past of must have mis represented this very area. Probably, they wanted to talk about the declaration of the over 10k CAD. I have searched even on Canada immigration website and have never come across any thing like that even the website of the boarder service. Cheers

chuka2003

Sep 28, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
12-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2014
LANDED..........
10-12-2014
LDee said:

congratulations... see you on this side soon

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
LDee said:

Wow, fantastic journey LDee. I wish you the best as you prepare to check out :)

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congrats Chuka2003 on your safe landing, we thank God for being kind to you guys, love your landing story. Praying the next time you share it will be to tell us that you have just landed a new job. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

chuka2003 said:
Hello forumites... ;D ;D ;D
I just changed the flag in my profile some minutes back because, to God who we give all the Glory, we just landed in Calgary. I feel a little heads up would be a good way to give back to this great forum.
First up, pack enough local food (for those that love their food); garri, beans, maggi (avoid maggi chicken or maggi fish), grounded crayfish, ground pepper. Avoid diary products and whole fish. Don't let 9ja customs people harass you. they will try to intimidate you like they did us (sadly, we buckled). We made the mistake of not carrying Naira to MMIA. Carry your Naira oooo... just take this to be the last time you will get to indulge corrupt officials.
You don't need transit visa if you are passing through the UK. i almost made the mistake of wasting money getting transit visas for our kids who didn't have UK visas. You also don't need transit if passing through Amsterdam. I do hear you will need if transiting through Yankee. So, if possible, avoid Yankee. beyond that, Yankee them get wahala plenty.
If traveling with toddlers, make arrangements with your airline for buggies or push chairs for them (that is if you don't have one). Most airlines have complimentary services like the provision of baby push chairs etc. It will be very indispensable while marauding the transit airport during those long torturous transit hours. We found this out the hard way while waiting 10 hours at Heathrow airport. If you own buggies; BA will carry it for you free for each toddler. Toddlers are allowed a push chair "and" a car seat on BA (so don't be in a hurry selling off those car seats). Also carry your kids' food along with you. Youngsters find it difficult adjusting to oyinbo food (let alone the horrible airplane diner). It's your right to carry along food for your kids, sha don't abuse it by overdoing it ooo. :p :p :p :p
Landing in Canada has been blissful. The immigration officers were the nicest people ever (as long as you haven't been to Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mali and Guinea in the last 21 days). Didn't take longer than 25 minutes to clear through immigration. No PoF was requested; I just had to declare to CA customs that I was carrying more than $10k CAD. We got our social security number the next day, today, and have started processing our health cards. For those coming to Alberta, we would need in addition to our CoPR and passports, a proof of address in Alberta like a utility bill, lease agreement or bank account details, to complete the process of your health cards. So we are waiting for our account opening tomorrow to complete the health insurance registration. Apparently, you need to book an appointment with the bank to open account. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
The weather has been great but please come prepared; winter coats, thermals, gloves and scarves. It's 8 degrees right now but I heard it was as low as minus 25 degrees some 5 days ago. The people on the other hand have been very warm to us. As you dey waka, people go just dey greet you... just like in my village before before 9ja spoil. Apparently, they love kids... a lot. 8) 8) 8)
i will try and keep the forum posted as the waka continues.
Cheers

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congrats canada4mind. By the way I thought you've been rechristened canada4real. :D :D

canada4mind said:
Good morning fellow Nigerians(oh sorry, I meant to say Canadians. I will work on myself not to repeat that mistake again). I got my visa and my familys' at DHL NAHCO office yesterday. The procedure was that I forwarded my pick up mail to the DHL officer who attended to me(no letter of authorization was requested), mailed him the second day for my BCJ number and he responded in a couple of minutes sending the number and the customer service line tha I could contact to get status of my documents. With this customer service line, I was privileged to get my tracking number.

One other thing that I must mention was that my name was misspelled by DHL. Luckily, this did not cause much issue because I requested to pickup my documents at their office to forestall delivery issues.

Ed_b_good

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
Nomination.....
08-09-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-2015
Congrats LDee and welcome to the forum.

LDee said:

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yeah,it will really be good if we can research on the POF area. I have personally researched it but did not find anything like it.

tinnyfrontier

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Nomination.....
12-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
chuka2003 said:
Hello forumites... ;D ;D ;D
I just changed the flag in my profile some minutes back because, to God who we give all the Glory, we just landed in Calgary. I feel a little heads up would be a good way to give back to this great forum.
First up, pack enough local food (for those that love their food); garri, beans, maggi (avoid maggi chicken or maggi fish), grounded crayfish, ground pepper. Avoid diary products and whole fish. Don't let 9ja customs people harass you. they will try to intimidate you like they did us (sadly, we buckled). We made the mistake of not carrying Naira to MMIA. Carry your Naira oooo... just take this to be the last time you will get to indulge corrupt officials.
You don't need transit visa if you are passing through the UK. i almost made the mistake of wasting money getting transit visas for our kids who didn't have UK visas. You also don't need transit if passing through Amsterdam. I do hear you will need if transiting through Yankee. So, if possible, avoid Yankee. beyond that, Yankee them get wahala plenty.
If traveling with toddlers, make arrangements with your airline for buggies or push chairs for them (that is if you don't have one). Most airlines have complimentary services like the provision of baby push chairs etc. It will be very indispensable while marauding the transit airport during those long torturous transit hours. We found this out the hard way while waiting 10 hours at Heathrow airport. If you own buggies; BA will carry it for you free for each toddler. Toddlers are allowed a push chair "and" a car seat on BA (so don't be in a hurry selling off those car seats). Also carry your kids' food along with you. Youngsters find it difficult adjusting to oyinbo food (let alone the horrible airplane diner). It's your right to carry along food for your kids, sha don't abuse it by overdoing it ooo. :p :p :p :p
Landing in Canada has been blissful. The immigration officers were the nicest people ever (as long as you haven't been to Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mali and Guinea in the last 21 days). Didn't take longer than 25 minutes to clear through immigration. No PoF was requested; I just had to declare to CA customs that I was carrying more than $10k CAD. We got our social security number the next day, today, and have started processing our health cards. For those coming to Alberta, we would need in addition to our CoPR and passports, a proof of address in Alberta like a utility bill, lease agreement or bank account details, to complete the process of your health cards. So we are waiting for our account opening tomorrow to complete the health insurance registration. Apparently, you need to book an appointment with the bank to open account. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
The weather has been great but please come prepared; winter coats, thermals, gloves and scarves. It's 8 degrees right now but I heard it was as low as minus 25 degrees some 5 days ago. The people on the other hand have been very warm to us. As you dey waka, people go just dey greet you... just like in my village before before 9ja spoil. Apparently, they love kids... a lot. 8) 8) 8)
i will try and keep the forum posted as the waka continues.
Cheers
Beautiful :) :) :)

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Statutory Holidays - 2014 On AVO'S WEBSITE

Our offices are closed on the following days:

Date Holiday
01 January New Year’s Day
06 March Ghana Independence Day
18 April Good Friday
21 April Easter Monday
26 May Africa Unity Day (in lieu of 25 May)
01 July Canada Day & Ghana Republic Day
01 September Labour Day
13 October Thanksgiving Day
05 December Farmers’ Day
25 December Christmas
26 December Boxing Day

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flaky said:
@ Nigerian beware !! , that's the main reason why I avoid Nigerian because you people are way too critical and judgemental. If you need any information from me. Send me a pm or email . I am pretty sure those that did have received some useful information.

God bless the Indians and Asians forever , those are the true definition of communal spirit!
Note: if someone tries to help, revive the help with thanks and move on. If you have any critical comments to make , make it to yourself . That's your choice. Don't use your "sense" to deny others.

Anyways , people like you can't stope people like us from doing what we believe in!

I dont think Flaky meant any forumite any illwind. I sent her a pm and she was quite helpful . I guess its the 'Naija way' that is causing the misunderstding and apprehension. God will save our country from this image. Pls Flaky dont take it to heart.