Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oreke said:
congrats to all members that have received positive updates and praying for all those expecting updates from avo.

On a lighter note, if the person that started this thread - gentleandrew and the administrator - kollins have their cases concluded by avo, hope they would not abandon the forumites?.

Me full ground yanfun yanfun.

shinemaster

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
sanmi13 said:
Then I think the procedure vary from one dhl office to the other.
In the dhl office where I requested for my package pick up from AVO, I was only asked to forward the pick up mail from AVO to them. This I did immediately on my phone. No mention of any authorization letter or any other thing. I was given the tracking number the next day.
DHL is very funny, no standard procedure, i was also only asked to forward the pick-up mail to them(dhl) and was asked to sign two copies of the receipt. I asked the lady persistently if that was all that was needed and she said YES. She said my file number was the only information she needed. No tracking number as of yet, but would be there first thing in the morning to seek further clarification.
This was DHL in Ikeja GRA

sanmi13

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013 (PER)
shinemaster said:
DHL is very funny, no standard procedure, i was also only asked to forward the pick-up mail to them(dhl) and was asked to sign two copies of the receipt. I asked the lady persistently if that was all that was needed and she said YES. She said my file number was the only information she needed. No tracking number as of yet, but would be there first thing in the morning to seek further clarification.

I did mine at the same DHL ikeja office. That's exactly the same process I went thru there. I sent an email requesting for the tracking number this morning to the same email address I was asked to forward the pick up mail I got from AVO to and a reply got back to me within 15 minutes containing my tracking number and an explanation as to why I did not get it until I sent them the email.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Appreciated! +1 for you.

much_mann said:
Steps to use DHL for passport pick up.

Note: Your pickup mail just advised you make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package, thus an authorization letter from you is in order.

1. Prepare a letter addressed to AVO similar to cover letter you have prepared for all document sent to date with subject AUTHORIZATION TO COLLECT DOCUMENT APPLICATION #Exxxxxxxxxx
2. Like with all your communication, let the letter show your application number, UCI number and your full name
3. Letter should list all passports on the application preferable in tabulated form starting with the PA, Spouse and other dependants
4. Sign off the letter as needed

1) At this point, I will suggest you scan the letter prepared and have a soft copy with you.
2) If you have a mobile device (smart phone, iPad etc), prepare a mail and attached the scanned authorization letter from your desktop or laptop before leaving the house,save it in the draft folder
Also have a printed copy of the authorization letter and the pick up mail with you

1)Walk into any DHL of your choice, explain to them you want to pay for passport pick up from Canadian High commission in Accra, they will give you a form to fill and tell you the cost (-/+ 20,670 if you choose to pay for insurance, probably about 1,800 or so less if you choose not to insure it, but that is a choice you can make)
2) if they are generous enough, they will scan the printed copy of the letter and the AVO pick up mail and take care of business. if they are not that generous, from your mobile device, go to the draft folder of your e-mail (yahoo, Hotmail, outlook etc) ask the person attending to you what address to send the authorization and pick up mail to and forward the mail you have already started and save in your draft folder
3) complete the payment and head on home.
4) Call either the office that attended to you the following day or DHL customer service on 012700908, give them your name and the DHL office where the pick up was requested from, they will give you your package waybill/tracking number.

Make yourself a warm cup of your favorite beverage or a cold one (LOL), sit back and make DHL tracking site you new best friend and monitor your MAPLE leave all the way to your hand

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Seamless process. Looks more straightforward. +1 for you.

kollins said:
For me,I made sure I initiated the pick up authorization from the day I sent my passports to Accra.
I was able to pay for the pick up right from the day I sent my passports to Accra and was issued pick up receipt.
I was also able to get the mobile number and official email address of the DHL officer in charge of it.
I'm meant to put a call through to him after my pick up receipt from Accra afterwhich I will forward the pick up mail from Accra to the email i address i address collected.
Every communication will be done via email and i have the option of delivery to me at any address of my choice or i can choose to go and pick it up in their office which was what i picked.
I sent the pick up email already with my authorization for pick up fully added on the message to them.I also i attached scanned pick up receipt which i was given.
I gave details of the passport ....and most importantly the application number is mostly needed.
You will be given a reference number for your package and later,a tracking number.
For now,i have reference number from DHL in Accra afterwhich I'm expecting tracking number.
If well arranged ,this seems a less-stress process as you will only correspond through email until you pick up.
Above all ......you commit it unto God's hand.
Cheers

nerylanmi

Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
[color=red]2132[/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[color=purple]04-09-2014[/color]
Doc's Request.
[color=green] 02-03-2016[/color] 5669, POF, 5401 & PCC
Nomination.....
[color=green] 10-12-2014[/color]
AOR Received.
[color=brown] 5-1-2015[/color]
Med's Request
[color=cyan][b]30-06-2015[/b][/color]
Med's Done....
[color=blue][b]14-08-2015[/b][/color]
Just Got my PER guys. :D :D
Thought I would post here also.

Pls advise the link to follow Accra VO closely and also the timeline for Medical requests after PER.
Cheers

Flaky

Apr 11, 2012
Hello, anyone looking to land in Calgary and would need information and advice on banking services and products can pm me or send me an email at hephzee@ gmail.com. I work on the industry , and a good advice that can help you save time and money is extremely valuable. Being a new immigrant in Canada is tough and challenging, I know that because I have experienced it.
If your experience is in banking and would like to know how to transition in banking here in Calgary, I would be glad to share whatever information and advice with you as well.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flaky said:
Hello, anyone looking to land in Calgary and would need information and advice on banking services and products can pm me or send me an email at hephzee @ gmail.com. I work on the industry , and a good advice that can help you save time and money is extremely valuable. Being a new immigrant in Canada is tough and challenging, I know that because I have experienced it.
If your experience is in banking and would like to know how to transition in banking here in Calgary, I would be glad to share whatever information and advice with you as well.

Is it not better you share your ideas here for us to all benefit in a way• The idea of personal message or email with regards to a matter as crucial as this seems contentious?

We are at a point where we need every information available because we never can tell tomorrow• Kindly share your information here• It is one of the reasons that we are here•

Cheers•

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
DHL is not as difficult or as complicated as many may think. The services you get may not be similar depending on the branch you use.
I have had fantastic service with DHL
I used UPS to send passports to Accra and used DHL for pick up..
Pick up was initiated on Friday 5th dec. and I got the passports Wednesday 10th.....outside Lagos.

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
GENTLEANDREW said:
Hey oga, good morning sir...

Is it not better you share your ideas here for us to all benefit n a way• The idea of personal message or email with regards to a matter as crucial as this seems contentious?

We are at a point where we need every information available because we never can tell tomorrow• Kindly share your information here• It is one of the reasons that we are here•

Cheers•

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
shinemaster said:
Buddy....
Accept my apologies for not sending you my wishes on your passport pick up..
After going through your post above,I had to check your previous post only to notice a hidden place (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nigerians-that-have-applied-for-federal-skilled-workers-2013-program-t160551.6645.html) where you announced your pick-up mail....it was embedded in another person's post.
This was why It was never updated on the SS and as of Wednesday,I was still listing you out as part of applicants still expecting pick up mails.
In fairness,most of us did not know because it seems to me only about 2 or 3 applicants sent their wishes...
Accept my wishes in arrears.....
The blessings of God shall overshadow you and guide you in your Canadian dream turned reality...
Congrats buddy...
Cheers.

Royal Dee

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2015
Nice one. Congratulations.

nerylanmi said:

Pls advise the link to follow Accra VO closely and also the timeline for Medical requests after PER.
Cheers

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
Flaky said:
Hello, anyone looking to land in Calgary and would need information and advice on banking services and products can pm me or send me an email at hephzee @ gmail.com. I work on the industry , and a good advice that can help you save time and money is extremely valuable. Being a new immigrant in Canada is tough and challenging, I know that because I have experienced it.
Share your information here please. Nigerians beware!!!

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
nerylanmi said:

Cheers
Congratulations mate.....wish you the very best!