+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

talk2dre

Aug 13, 2013
GENTLEANDREW said:
Hmmmmm. Not too long, my wife called me that AVO called her after numerous attempt to reach me. I wanted them to extend my visa date so they aimed discussing it with me. Wifey asked them to go ahead. So happy they are making progress despite no 4th line.
GentleAndrew,

I dont understand your issues here. Is it possible to extend Visa date?

Please can you clarify what you asked AVO to do for you?

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talk2dre said:
GentleAndrew,

I dont understand your issues here. Is it possible to extend Visa date?

Please can you clarify what you asked AVO to do for you?

Ok,this is it. I have actually shared it here before. My passport will expire in august 2015 and my/our medical(s) was done in November,2015. I want to attend a program next year august and by that time , my passport would have expired.

When i sent our passport, i requested that they use our medicals date not my passport expiry date so that i can attend the program. My wife told me that when they got through to her this afternoon, they told her that they had called my line severally today but to no avail. Thank God that i supplied my wife's line. They wanted to discuss the scenario with me. So, they discussed it with my wife. They said that, with what is on ground, they can only use the august date. They then told my wife that i can still contact them later if i still want to address the issue but that they want to issue our visas right away. She told them to go ahead with the visa issuance.

I want to renew my passport by next year february and then re-approach them again to help transfer the visa to the passport and then help to consider our medicals date. I believe you get the picture now.

Cheers.

BaJay

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
I also think the process of picking up passports from AVO via DHL is complicated...not as straight forward as I thought it would be...

Chimzurum

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
6/01/2014
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
15/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/11/2014
LANDED..........
03/03/2015
GENTLEANDREW said:
Ok,this is it. I have actually shared it here before. My passport will expire in august 2015 and my/our medical(s) was done in November,2015. I want to attend a program next year august and by that time , my passport would have expired.

When i sent our passport, i requested that they use our medicals date not my passport expiry date so that i can attend the program. My wife told me that when they got through to her this afternoon, they told her that they had called my line severally today but to no avail. Thank God that i supplied my wife's line. They wanted to discuss the scenario with me. So, they discussed it with my wife. They said that, with what is on ground, they can only use the august date. They then told my wife that i can still contact them later if i still want to address the issue but that they want to issue our visas right away. She told them to go ahead with the visa issuance.

I want to renew my passport by next year february and then re-approach them again to help transfer the visa to the passport and then help to consider our medicals date. I believe you get the picture now.

Cheers.

No need for that. When you get the new passport attach both with rubber band all you have to do is to whenever you travel go with both. My hubby has his UK visa on his expired passport and he just shows both to immigration when he travels.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chimzurum said:
No need for that. When you get the new passport attach both with rubber band all you have to do is to whenever you travel go with both. My hubby has his UK visa on his expired passport and he just shows both to immigration when he travels.

I understand what you are saying• My emphasis is on the date of visa expiration and not on whether the passport is old or new• I requested to get the date of my medicals which is november next year so that I can be around for the program I want to attend• But what they are trying to say is that with the documentation on ground I can only get an expiry date of august 2015• I guess that if I get my passport renewed in february next yuear I can request for the november date of next year since the documentation would have changed•

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
BaJay said:
I also think the process of picking up passports from AVO via DHL is complicated...not as straight forward as I thought it would be...
Please share your experience/steps required.

much_mann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Steps to use DHL for passport pick up.

Note: Your pickup mail just advised you make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package, thus an authorization letter from you is in order.

1. Prepare a letter addressed to AVO similar to cover letter you have prepared for all document sent to date with subject AUTHORIZATION TO COLLECT DOCUMENT APPLICATION #Exxxxxxxxxx
2. Like with all your communication, let the letter show your application number, UCI number and your full name
3. Letter should list all passports on the application preferable in tabulated form starting with the PA, Spouse and other dependants
4. Sign off the letter as needed

1) At this point, I will suggest you scan the letter prepared and have a soft copy with you.
2) If you have a mobile device (smart phone, iPad etc), prepare a mail and attached the scanned authorization letter from your desktop or laptop before leaving the house,save it in the draft folder
Also have a printed copy of the authorization letter and the pick up mail with you

1)Walk into any DHL of your choice, explain to them you want to pay for passport pick up from Canadian High commission in Accra, they will give you a form to fill and tell you the cost (-/+ 20,670 if you choose to pay for insurance, probably about 1,800 or so less if you choose not to insure it, but that is a choice you can make)
2) if they are generous enough, they will scan the printed copy of the letter and the AVO pick up mail and take care of business. if they are not that generous, from your mobile device, go to the draft folder of your e-mail (yahoo, Hotmail, outlook etc) ask the person attending to you what address to send the authorization and pick up mail to and forward the mail you have already started and save in your draft folder
3) complete the payment and head on home.
4) Call either the office that attended to you the following day or DHL customer service on 012700908, give them your name and the DHL office where the pick up was requested from, they will give you your package waybill/tracking number.

Make yourself a warm cup of your favorite beverage or a cold one (LOL), sit back and make DHL tracking site you new best friend and monitor your MAPLE leave all the way to your hand

kay_diwe2014 said:

RonD75

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
Med's Request
28- 10- 2014
Med's Done....
31- 10- 2014
Passport Req..
02- 12- 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12- 12- 2014
LANDED..........
2015 IJN
much_mann said:

Note: Your pickup mail just advised you make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package, thus an authorization letter from you is in order.

1. Prepare a letter addressed to AVO similar to cover letter you have prepared for all document sent to date with subject AUTHORIZATION TO COLLECT DOCUMENT APPLICATION #Exxxxxxxxxx
2. Like with all your communication, let the letter show your application number, UCI number and your full name
3. Letter should list all passports on the application preferable in tabulated form starting with the PA, Spouse and other dependants

1) At this point, I will suggest you scan the letter prepared and have a soft copy with you.
2) If you have a mobile device (smart phone, iPad etc), prepare a mail and attached the scanned authorization letter from your desktop or laptop before leaving the house,save it in the draft folder
Also have a printed copy of the authorization letter and the pick up mail with you

1)Walk into any DHL of your choice, explain to them you want to pay for passport pick up from Canadian High commission in Accra, they will give you a form to fill and tell you the cost (-/+ 20,670 if you choose to pay for insurance, probably about 1,800 or so less if you choose not to insure it, but that is a choice you can make)
2) if they are generous enough, they will scan the printed copy of the letter and the AVO pick up mail and take care of business. if they are not that generous, from your mobile device, go to the draft folder of your e-mail (yahoo, Hotmail, outlook etc) ask the person attending to you what address to send the authorization and pick up mail to and forward the mail you have already started and save in your draft folder
4) Call either the office that attended to you the following day or DHL customer service on 012700908, give them your name and the DHL office where the pick up was requested from, they will give you your package waybill/tracking number.

Make yourself a warm cup of your favorite beverage or a cold one (LOL), sit back and make DHL tracking site you new best friend and monitor your MAPLE leave all the way to your hand
Fantastic.... Can't be explained any better.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
kay_diwe2014 said:
For me,I made sure I initiated the pick up authorization from the day I sent my passports to Accra.
I was able to pay for the pick up right from the day I sent my passports to Accra and was issued pick up receipt.
I was also able to get the mobile number and official email address of the DHL officer in charge of it.
I'm meant to put a call through to him after my pick up receipt from Accra afterwhich I will forward the pick up mail from Accra to the email i address i address collected.
Every communication will be done via email and i have the option of delivery to me at any address of my choice or i can choose to go and pick it up in their office which was what i picked.
I sent the pick up email already with my authorization for pick up fully added on the message to them.I also i attached scanned pick up receipt which i was given.
I gave details of the passport ....and most importantly the application number is mostly needed.
You will be given a reference number for your package and later,a tracking number.
For now,i have reference number from DHL in Accra afterwhich I'm expecting tracking number.
If well arranged ,this seems a less-stress process as you will only correspond through email until you pick up.
Above all ......you commit it unto God's hand.
Cheers

sanmi13

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013 (PER)
Naija babe2 said:
Hello guys,

Pickup arragement is not as easy as I thought. You will need to send an email with an authorization letter (frm u to AVO) authorizing DHL to pickup and also the pickup mail sent to u.

The impression I got b4 was dat u only needed the pick up mail. Also the authorisation letter must include the details of passports to be picked up.

Not that the process is hard, but wld have been nice to know what was exactly needed b4 going.
Then I think the procedure vary from one dhl office to the other.
In the dhl office where I requested for my package pick up from AVO, I was only asked to forward the pick up mail from AVO to them. This I did immediately on my phone. No mention of any authorization letter or any other thing. I was given the tracking number the next day.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
kollins said:
For me,I made sure I initiated the pick up authorization from the day I sent my passports to Accra.
I was able to pay for the pick up right from the day I sent my passports to Accra and was issued pick up receipt.
I was also able to get the mobile number and official email address of the DHL officer in charge of it.
I'm meant to put a call through to him after my pick up receipt from Accra afterwhich I will forward the pick up mail from Accra to the email i address i address collected.
Every communication will be done via email and i have the option of delivery to me at any address of my choice or i can choose to go and pick it up in their office which was what i picked.
I sent forwarded the pick up email already with my authorization for pick up fully added on the message to them.I also i attached scanned pick up receipt which i was given.
I gave details of the passport ....and most importantly the application number is mostly needed.
You will be given a reference number for your package and later,a tracking number.
For now,i have reference number from DHL in Accra afterwhich I'm expecting tracking number.
If well arranged ,this seems a less-stress process as you will only correspond through email until you pick up.
Cheers
ok.

okejji

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
kollins said:
I sent forwarded the pick up email already with my authorization for pick up fully added on the message to them.I also i attached scanned pick up receipt which i was given.
Cheers
just to pickup your passport na another cambrige exam moo. it is well when i get to the bridge i will cross it.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
much_mann said:

Thanks for this detailed piece of information much_mann. +1 for you.

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chimzurum said:
Very very risky, the rule is that one must land within the visa expiry date which is usually one year from medicals Or before passport expires whichever comes first. Most times, if your passport expiry date is before the expiry date, you hv to travel on or before your passport expires otherwise, you risk loosing your hard fought PR.

oreke

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
File Transfer...
03-12-2013
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
march 2015
congrats to all members that have received positive updates and praying for all those expecting updates from avo.

On a lighter note, if the person that started this thread - gentleandrew and the administrator - kollins have their cases concluded by avo, hope they would not abandon the forumites?.