02-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Passport Req..
08-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
Pipis Husband said:
Hi guys, this parcel mix up is all AVO's fault. Though DHL have their own issues, this time they are only messengers of the AVO goof. Let's pray it's soon contained so that all the tension in the air can be reduced. It shall be well, your blessing will surely not be diverted as affliction shall not arise a second time.

Cheers all.
You see why I think the mix up might be from DHL,if you paid for them to bring in your package,you give them a delivery address and that's what they are supposed to use,not the address on your application.if they adhere strictly to the address provided by the customer,irrespective of the address given by the VO,then they should deliver to the one the customer who paid for the pick up provided.my personal opinion.
In all,I pray our efforts end in Success.

eduj_chuks

Sep 4, 2014
THE MIX UP IS FROM DHL I SAY THIS BECAUSE THE ENVELOP INSIDE THE DHL POLYTHENE WRAPPER WAS ADDRESESS BY THEIR SORTING FACILITY. SO OBVIOUSLY THE ERROR ORIGINATED FROM SORTING AND ADDRESSING PACKAGES AT THEIR FACILITY HERE IN LAGOS. I IMAGINE THE PACKAGES WERE NOT WELL LABELLED.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
eduj_chuks said:
THE MIX UP IS FROM DHL I SAY THIS BECAUSE THE ENVELOP INSIDE THE DHL POLYTHENE WRAPPER WAS ADDRESESS BY THEIR SORTING FACILITY. SO OBVIOUSLY THE ERROR ORIGINATED FROM SORTING AND ADDRESSING PACKAGES AT THEIR FACILITY HERE IN LAGOS. I IMAGINE THE PACKAGES WERE NOT WELL LABELLED.
And they are preferred above others!
God will help us all.
Cheers.

thebaft

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application (IELTS Band 7.5 L:8.0 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:8.0)
File Transfer...
Received by Accra VO on 24-09-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
My dear people, I received my pickup mail on 3 November 2014. I made a payment with DHL on 4 November 2014 for a pickup. Now that was when the battle between DHL and myself started. My passports finally arrived on 21 November 2014. I didn't even wait for them to bring it to my house, I had to go and pick it up myself. I am really disappointed with the service I received.

I really was happy opening my package and seeing both the visas and the COPR. However, I was surprised that the validity of my visa was 21 June 2014. Was there anyone whose visa had a short validity as well? My medicals were done in October and my passport expires in 2017.

I really thank God for everything. To all those waiting for MR, PPR and pickup ... Don't worry... It will come. To all those using DHL for pickup, please ask the office for your CBJ number. That is key. If there is no CBJ number, then no request has been made to DHL Accra. When you get the CBJ, you will also require confirmation that Accra has received your request. Only then can you be certain that the process has started.

Momobee

Star Member
Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Nomination.....
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2014
LANDED..........
thebaft said:
My dear people, I received my pickup mail on 3 November 2014. I made a payment with DHL on 4 November 2014 for a pickup. Now that was when the battle between DHL and myself started. My passports finally arrived on 21 November 2014. I didn't even wait for them to bring it to my house, I had to go and pick it up myself. I am really disappointed with the service I received.

I really was happy opening my package and seeing both the visas and the COPR. However, I was surprised that the validity of my visa was 21 June 2014. Was there anyone whose visa had a short validity as well? My medicals were done in October and my passport expires in 2017.

I really thank God for everything. To all those waiting for MR, PPR and pickup ... Don't worry... It will come. To all those using DHL for pickup, please ask the office for your CBJ number. That is key. If there is no CBJ number, then no request has been made to DHL Accra. When you get the CBJ, you will also require confirmation that Accra has received your request. Only then can you be certain that the process has started.
Congrats bro, a whole 17 days. Na wa for DHL o. I'm surprised about your visa validity though. Was that the same date stated on your letter requesting your passport?

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
thebaft said:

Congratulations. Do you mean 21 June 2015? Thanks for the information on CBJ number.

much_mann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
I will assume the validity is 21 June 2015 and NOT 2014 :eek:

Are there any dependent on your application whose passport expire in June or are you a single applicant?
If the dependent passport expires June 2015 and you renewed same, did you notify AVO?
When you did your medical, did you get the hospital to print the e-medical request for you, what was the validity date on the passport indicated on file for you or your dependants if any?

If not then the June date raises a question and it will not hurt in anyway to raise a CSE just to ask, it could possibly be a typo.

thebaft said:

Anaviv

Nov 6, 2014
kollins said:
No worries since your documents have been received.
From experience and evidences,Medicals have a default validity of 60days regardless of whether you are given 30 days/60days for submission of documents.
Just relax and be calm.
Once hubby's medicals is submitted by the authorised panel,you will get your passport request.
At this junction,prayers and been positive is all that matters.
Cheers.
Thanks Kollins,happy to know that medicals can exceed 30 days dat was given because I was initially worried that the results need to get to avo in 30days. Btw,i spoke to Qlife today and they said they will send it today...keeping fingers crissed

thebaft

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application (IELTS Band 7.5 L:8.0 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:8.0)
File Transfer...
Received by Accra VO on 24-09-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Aijaynwoke said:
Congratulations. Do you mean 21 June 2015? Thanks for the information on CBJ number.
A million apologies... It is actually 21 June 2015 and not 21 June 2014. Thanks for the correction.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Hello TheBaft, i am surprised you have a Visa that is to expire in June but its simple. On your Passport Request letter, the Validity of your Visa is clearly sttated. What date was written on your Passport Request letter? Was it the same June date?

Also, about Passport Pickup, AVO did not say we must use DHL. They said "send Passport and socumentation BY COURIER within 15 days. They then went ahead to recommend DHL. A friend of mine has sent passport via UPS which has delivered at AVO. He says he will also employ UPS for the Pickup service once Visa is ready.

thebaft said:

much_mann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
@nanonye

What will have been stated is the recorded date for your medical, I mean what CIC/AVO logged as your medical date, the exit clause reads something like "Or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest"

nanonye said:
Hello TheBaft, i am surprised you have a Visa that is to expire in June but its simple. On your Passport Request letter, the Validity of your Visa is clearly sttated. What date was written on your Passport Request letter? Was it the same June date?

Also, about Passport Pickup, AVO did not say we must use DHL. They said "send Passport and socumentation BY COURIER within 15 days. They then went ahead to recommend DHL. A friend of mine has sent passport via UPS which has delivered at AVO. He says he will also employ UPS for the Pickup service once Visa is ready.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
Yea u are very correct. I said what i said with the notion that all Passports in TheBaft's package are valid until at least one year after medicals. If any passport in his package has an earlier date, then Visa's will be valid until that date.

much_mann said:
@ nanonye

What will have been stated is the recorded date for your medical, I mean what CIC/AVO logged as your medical date, the exit clause reads something like "Or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest"

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
thebaft said:

congrat

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
thebaft said:

Good