+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

Tem

Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chingy said:
I believe this is a week of good news and good updates from every forum member.. cheers all and enjoy the positive week
amen

UGBOSS

Star Member
Aug 26, 2014
A friend of mine needs your advice
He has PCC from nigeria and applied for a PCC from a foreign country where he spent up to a year, but it will take a while before the PCC is ready. Should he send his application package, excluding the PCC from the foreign country since the deadline for submission is around the corner

pls help!

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanonye said:
Just bumped into this post on one of the sister threads and felt i should share. It reiterates the need to act swiftly after any communication from AVO, especially the Passport Request. The man in question was given 15 days to submit his passports but AVO got back to him after only 13 days with a reject mail after having not gotten his additional documentation. The message here is never wait till the end of your given time frame before responding to AVO and ensure you include ALL documents requested for. Do so as quickly as you can. For those wanting to see a sample Passport Request, you can do so here.
Its quite a long read so see below if you wish to read through.

Hello Guys i have an issue and i really needs your advice, i mailed my passport and other requested documents to cic office in accra three days after receiving this mail.

Date: October 3, 2014

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.

PASSPORT(S)
You are asked to submit your passport(s) and documentation BY COURIER within 15 days. We recommend DHL courier, using a pre-paid return envelope.

OR

You may also use the services of VFS Global Ghana by following the instructions on their website at: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ghana/ under the “Passport Transmission Services” section.
Applicants residing in Nigeria (PASSPORT SUBMISSION ONLY)
You may use the services of VFS Global Nigeria by following the instructions on their website at:
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria/ under the “Passport Transmission Services” section. If you received a letter requesting additional documents, please use a courier service.
Please note that submission of passport(s) in person will not be accepted at the Canadian High Commission.
Important: Please note that we will not respond to queries in this regard: we ask for your patience while we prepare your documents.
The visa(s) will be valid until the expiry of your medical results (4th April, 2015) or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest.
As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:

PLEASE NOTE: Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 15 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based on the information that is available in your file. Once the application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Canadian Immigration legislations in force at the time that the new application was filed.

Please note that we will strive to meet the foregoing service standards. There may, however, be occasions when we cannot issue your visas within these standards. Accordingly, you are advised not to commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take any irrevocable action such as selling property, or resign employment until you have received your immigrant visas.

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:
Amended Schedule A (Background declaration) form. Please make sure you do not leave any gap in time. Indicate your past history since the age of 18. Specify what kind of work(s) you are doing and have been doing since then.
☐ Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.

☐ PASSPORTS. Check that:
There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passports.
Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
Each passport has sufficient free pages (two required for our visa, plus pages for any transit visa)

☐ TWO (2) PHOTOS FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER These photographs must be taken with a WHITE BACKGROUND, not be stapled, glued or pinned (you can paperclip or attach them using an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. Photograph specifications are included with this letter.

PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS LETTER IN YOUR ENVELOPE.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

A week later i got another email from cic Accra and it states

Date: October 16, 2014

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

We have reviewed your application for permanent residence in Canada today.
We contacted you on 2014-10-03 to request certain documents and/or actions on your part, but we have not received any confirmation that you have complied with these requests. Therefore, having examined the current information on your application for permanent residence, we conclude that you have not met the criteria required to immigrate to Canada and we intend to refuse the application.

We have requested from you the following outstanding documents:
-Schedule A: Amended Schedule A. Please make sure you do not leave any gap in time. Indicate your past history since the age of 18. Specify what kind of work(s) you are doing and have been doing since then.

We contacted you by:
-Email
Since we have not received any response, we have therefore concluded that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and will initiate the refusal of your application for non-compliance.
Should you wish Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to keep your application open, you must provide proof of compliance by submitting the documents/test results requested above at the following address ACCRAIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca within a period of 15 days.

Sincerely,

Officer

Visa Office, Accra

I responded to this email by saying i have mailed my documents to VO Accra and i attached my DHL Receipt copy and even followed with a call to the VO and the lady told me if i have mailed it and responded to their second email with the DHL Receipt copy they will get back to me.

My worry is that after my mail they never got back to me to say if my documents was found or not and on my E-CASE it state IN PROCESS.
Am confused is everything alright or there is something i need to do?

This case is quite interesting. The person in question actually contacted them within the given time frame but it seems that there was a communication gap. But the point that baffles is that, the person still had time(15 days was not up) and they concluded his/her case. That seems a bit unfair. Now he/she sent them a mail and they would not respond. They most times do not respond to mails. What they advise is to contact your mail forwarder. That does not seem re-assuring enough. I always have the impression that they can simply help one by responding if they have it or not.

Well from their second mail, it does not seem all is over. The person will still get it in as much as his/her status still shows " In Process". God should just help us. Even when you send it early, what if it does not get to the appropriate department early? God help us.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UGBOSS said:
He has PCC from nigeria and applied for a PCC from a foreign country where he spent up to a year, but it will take a while before the PCC is ready. Should he send his application package, excluding the PCC from the foreign country since the deadline for submission is around the corner

pls help!

Your friend should contact the VO first to express that it will take a while to get the PCC so that he/she can at least get an extension. It will not be wise to send incomplete documentation and i think they even mentioned it that it will be better to send complete supporting documents to avoid delays.Let your friend contact his/her VO straight up and i am sure that it will be fine.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
UGBOSS said:
pls help!
Let him send a mail to Accra first and also a CSE to them explaining the issue on ground and asking for an extension.
It would be preferable for him to attach a documents that actually shows when the PCC from the foreign country will be ready or a link to such which shows the number of days required to get it.
Once this is done,an extension of required days will be given to reflect the completion of his request.
Knowing fully well of this clause "*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***" in the medical request email,there is no need to submit the documents at different times.
Let him contact Accra to grant the extension of days which should be justified with an attachment/link showing the number of days required to finish the PCC.
Cheers

Now...I totally got the question wrong.
PCC is not mandatory at this stage of submission.
He should just ignore it and submit his application.
I thought he already got medical request.... :-\ :-\ :-\
My apologies.
Cheers.

nanonye

Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Nomination.....
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application to CIC
Med's Request
October 28, 2014
Med's Done....
October 30, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 19, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
2015; 2nd Quarter.
It is also possible that this case has not gotten to Accra level yet. If you are asking if your friend can mail his package to CIC Nova Scotia Canada without his foreign PCC and the answer is a big yes.

PCC isnt a necessity at Nova Sotia and so he can actually take his time with the foreign PCC and send it to Accra when his file is transferred there.

UGBOSS said:

pls help!

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanonye said:
It is also possible that this case has not gotten to Accra level yet. If you are asking if your friend can mail his package to CIC Nova Scotia Canada without his foreign PCC and the answer is a big yes.

PCC isnt a necessity at Nova Sotia and so he can actually take his time with the foreign PCC and send it to Accra when his file is transferred there.

That is very correct. I just re-read the message again; it is still at CIO level. The person can send it without the PCC for now but should get prepared to submit at MR level.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
UGBOSS said:

pls help!
@ UGBOSS, you have given partial information. Is it a fresh application to CIC or an update to AVO based on Medical request?

@ forum members, kindly be explicit going forward in your questions so admins and people with experience don't keep shooting blank.

Thanks all and wish us all the very best...Our PPR shall be ours.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
kay_diwe2014 said:
@ UGBOSS, you have given partial information. Is it a fresh application to CIC or an update to AVO based on Medical request?
@ forum members, kindly be explicit going forward in your questions so admins and people with experience don't keep shooting blank.
Thanks all and wish us all the very best...Our PPR shall be ours.
:p :p :p
I just shot blank.....
Crazy Monday morning traffic this morning so I didn't read it very well coz of the stress.
Though ambiguous,his question was clear enough.
Cheers.

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
Chingy said:
I believe this is a week of good news and good updates from every forum member.. cheers all and enjoy the positive week

AMEN!

RonD75

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
Med's Request
28- 10- 2014
Med's Done....
31- 10- 2014
Passport Req..
02- 12- 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12- 12- 2014
LANDED..........
2015 IJN
Chingy said:
Amen to that. Accra give us our positive updates please.

eduj_chuks

Sep 4, 2014
HELLO GUYS,
I GOT MY DHL PACKAGE TODAY ONLY TO DISCOVER THAT THE DOCUMENTS WERE FOR ANOTHER APPLICANT AS SUCH THE COURIER COMPANY WENT BACK WITH IT. IN FACT THEY MAILED TWO PACKAGES TO ME ONE BEARING MY NAME AND ADDRESS WHILE THE OTHER BORE ANOTHER NAME BUT MY ADDRESS. ITS A TERRIBLE MIX-UP EITHER FROM DHL OR FROM AVO. IN FACT THE OWNER OF THE SECOND MAIL WAS CONTACTED VIA A PHONE NUMBER AND IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT SHE IS RESIDENT IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION IN LAGOS FROM ME. I PRAY THIS ENDS WELL AS I SUSPECT SOMEONE HAS MY DOCUMENTS.

PLEASE TRACK YOUR DOCUMENTS . FOR ME I HAVE WRITTEN A MAIL IMMEDIATELY TO BOTH AVO AND DHL.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eduj_chuks said:
HELLO GUYS,
I GOT MY DHL PACKAGE TODAY ONLY TO DISCOVER THAT THE DOCUMENTS WERE FOR ANOTHER APPLICANT AS SUCH THE COURIER COMPANY WENT BACK WITH IT. IN FACT THEY MAILED TWO PACKAGES TO ME ONE BEARING MY NAME AND ADDRESS WHILE THE OTHER BORE ANOTHER NAME BUT MY ADDRESS. ITS A TERRIBLE MIX-UP EITHER FROM DHL OR FROM AVO. IN FACT THE OWNER OF THE SECOND MAIL WAS CONTACTED VIA A PHONE NUMBER AND IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT SHE IS RESIDENT IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION IN LAGOS FROM ME. I PRAY THIS ENDS WELL AS I SUSPECT SOMEONE HAS MY DOCUMENTS.

PLEASE TRACK YOUR DOCUMENTS . FOR ME I HAVE WRITTEN A MAIL IMMEDIATELY TO BOTH AVO AND DHL.

Wow! You have taken the right step. Just remain prayerful and steadfast. God will see you through to the very end.