+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program

Anaviv

Nov 6, 2014
@ Odafe, I was given 30days to submit and will be back to nigeria after 30days (that means i won't meet up with the deadline). My plan is to submit by nextweek before travelling

Jesus is Lord

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-10-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
megeremore said:
That's cheap o! but mennnnnn, that would be a VERY LONG journey!!!
YES. it is long. If you have children, you can opt for the itinerary with long stopover so that you can rest before the next journey.

Jesus is Lord

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-10-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
Ed_b_good said:
Ethiopian airlines is N151234
Yes that is true, but this is for Lagos to Toronto not Lagos to Calgary.
Ethiopian airline does not operate flight from Lagos to Calgary.
The additional cost of flight from Toronto to Calgary is almost equivalent to you boarding BA directly from Lagos to Calgary.

Emirate and Egypt air still remains the cheapest from Lagos to Calgary while Ethiopian Airline is the cheapest from Lagos to Toronto
Note: the prices are for one way.

Also I observe that booking a month ahead will guaranty you the best deal of any period.

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
ty said:
My God is good, my God is good, my God is good. He's so good
My God is good, my God is good, my God is good. He's so good
My God is good, He's so good,
My God is good. He's so good

Everybody join me in praising this great God, the unchangeable changer, the one that surprises unexpectedly. We just got our MR mail today at 11:28a.m. When we first got the pof mail, we were confused but it only took us back to our God and He promised us He will definitely finish that which He started. We are rest assured that our Canada dream is a done deal. I also use it as a point of contact to those that are still expectant like Gofame, Amyy n others; God is still God, has He not said it and will He not do it?
Here is the mail:

UCI: xxxxxxxxx
Application: xxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxx:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

- Medical examination for the entire family. Medical forms will be sent to you via email tomorrow.
- Updated police clearance certificates for you and your spouse.
- Right of Permanent Residence Fee for you and your spouse.
- Updated IMM 5406- Additional Family Information for you and your spouse.
- Updated IMM 5669- Schedule A for you and your spouse listing all personal and address history from the age of 18.

Forms, instructions and specifications can be found at www.cic.gc.ca

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada and I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Regards,

Immigration Officer- AB
Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

Big congrats

DD-Rum

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2014
LANDED..........
Q1 2015
Anaviv said:
Hello All,

I just joined this group and started with good news. We have received our MR and done with our MR but yet to send out the application. Please i have some questions and believe someone in this group will help me with it. We will be travelling out of Nigeria for 15days and thus delaying the submission of additional requested documents to Accra so that we can be back to Nigeria by the time they will get our PPR mail. My question now is how long does it take to receive PPR mail after you must have submiited the additional required forms, ppc and RPRF. I also lost my sister sometime this year and intend to specify in the additional family form that she is deceased in her address column, please what do you guys think.

Good luck to all of us!!!
You are welcome to the forum. If you were given 30 days for your MR, you can request for an extension of up to 60 days stating reasons.

oreke

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
File Transfer...
03-12-2013
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
march 2015
@jesus is lord - all this fares u are quoting , do they pass thru USA? Does one need to have a US visa , if the airline is connecting thru US?. Which airlines leaves lagos to calgary without passing thru USA?

thebaft

Nov 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application (IELTS Band 7.5 L:8.0 R:7.5 W:7.0 S:8.0)
File Transfer...
Received by Accra VO on 24-09-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Oboy said:
Yeah is strange....I have still not received any passport pickup mail from AVO till date and I do not think it will ever be sent because AVO have been notified that passports and CoPRs have been delivered by now...the most important thing is I have landing docs in hand now...what I advise is u start tracking ur parcel (on the dhl receipt u will see tracking numbers for both the parcel to AVO and the one for the prepaid stamp that will be coming from AVO) immediately u see ur ecas has changed to decision made...or in short maybe it might be because I am a Ghanaian and here in Accra...
Oboy!!! Thank you for your explanation. Since you are a Ghanaian, you are entitled to use the prepaid return service since your package is handled entirely by DHL Ghana. For us in Nigeria, the sending to AVO is handled by DHL Nigeria, while the Sending from AVO back to us is handled by DHL Ghana. And since you included a prepaid envelope, AVO did not see the need to ask you to pick up your passport. Congratulations.

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
oreke said:
@ jesus is lord - all this fares u are quoting , do they pass thru USA? Does one need to have a US visa , if the airline is connecting thru US?. Which airlines leaves lagos to calgary without passing thru USA?
Oreke....,

Do not book any flight that will pass through the US unless you have a valid US visa or a US transit visa. ''As a Nigerian anyway''

Jesus is Lord

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-10-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2014
oreke said:
@ jesus is lord - all this fares u are quoting , do they pass thru USA? Does one need to have a US visa , if the airline is connecting thru US?. Which airlines leaves lagos to calgary without passing thru USA?

Egypt air goes from Lagos - Cairo - Toronto - Calgary

Emirate goes through two routes: Lagos - Dubai - US - Calgary (is the cheaper route)
and Lagos - Dubai - Toronto - Calgary (is the expensive route)

much_mann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Anaviv said:
Thanks @ GENTLEANDREW
@ Anaviv There are no hard and fast rule. It is on a case by case basis.

The timeline advised by Gentleandrew was just the average or NORMAL.

AVO works in mysterious ways. ;D ;D

There was a poster, that got MR, PPR and passport/COPR all in October!!! :eek:

ty

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
nanonye said:
Wow.. Congrats TY. Hopefully Stargirl who had the same issue will get hers soon.

TY did you courier your POF to AVO or did you send a CSE with a scanned copy of the POF? Asking for a friend also in the same shoes.
Also what was your mode of POF? Statements or FD?

We did neither, we simply replied the pof mail, scanned our FD and statement and attached them to the mail. We also included updated pension statement for consistency since we used it in the initial application.
@Royal dee, we initially used normal statement and pension statement and later used FD, statement and pension. We tried keeping the money in normal acct in the hope that MR will come earlier but later fixed some.

ty

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Thank you all for your congratulatory messages, we will always have reasons to keep rejoicing with each other (Amen)