+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigeria student for visa to canada May intake

Naa888

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Nobody can assure the answers you seek. If your application has exceeded the estimated time, you have to send them an email or CSE. Otherwise, all you have to/can do is wait and be optimistic. Between what route did you apply via?
Can I call them as well.. I already did the email still no response just them just an automated reply saying my application is under review

Louis7473

Nov 27, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,
I am also a Nigerian and I got an offer to Humber college for May.
Recently applied for study visa on 3rd Jan 2018.
Kindly confirm what stage am I ?
Eligibilty: your application is in progress. We will inform you when we start your Eligibilty.
Medical status: you passed your medical Background check: we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Warmest regards
Osebella good day please enlighten me about medical status, will it be done here in Nigeria because a website l checked said it will be done in london

pete26

Feb 9, 2019
Good day guys, I'm new here and I'd really appreciate your assistance, I got and admission into a canadian university and in preparation for my visa application, I want to find out what my documents I'd be needing. So far I have my CV, Birth cert, Bsc Cert, employment letter and payslip, Transcript, Admission letter, receipt of 2000CAD paid to hold my admission, landed doc. from my mum whose my sponsor. I intend to bring in my maternal uncle, who has a firm as my sponsor. Please aside from his letter of sponsorship, CAC cert. tax clearance, bio data page of intl. passport, what else would he need to provide, and also what other document will I be needing.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am a nigerian
My visa was rejected on the 29th of jan which i applied for last year december
Reason for rejection
Wasnt able to takecare of myself when am there
But i want to reapply because i have gotten another acceptance letter
My main question..
I did an upfront medicals in my previous visa application
Well i wasnt sent any email for medical passed
Want to know if i can still use the previous medicals for the new visa i wanna apply for...
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that your application was rejected. Your medical report is valid for 6months. So if you reapply, then you will not need to do it again, they already have it on their file. Since you did upfront, did you make a copy of the medical report, if you did you can include into your new application.

Now, you will really need to pay attention to all the issues raised in the refusal letter and intelligently address all of them, or else you will get refused again. Please note that the Canadian study permit rate for Nigerian applicants as at 2017 is less than 15%. That means if 100 people apply for permits, only 15 will be granted. The report for 2018 is not yet out, it is possible it has come done to maybe 10%. You can check the stats here

https://www.applyboard.com/ca/2017/12/25/canadian-study-permit-visa-approval-rate/

or

https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/63858380-265e-4948-8e96-ca50fceca2d7?_ga=2.237275528.964540470.1501869032-771005413.1497994661

So unless you are certain you can properly address all the issues raised in the refusal letter, I would advice you do not reapply, it would just be a waste of your limited resources.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers

Omofar.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello peeps am from Nigeria.. I applied for a study permit visa on the 23rd Nov 2017, after 1month i recieved a message that i have passed medicals and now i recieved another message saying they have fanalize and made a decision on my study permit requesting for my original passport what does that mean.. ????
Hi,

Based on the information you provided, it is suggestive that you put in your application online. A request for your passport simply means that your visa application has been granted. So I say a big Congratulations to you.:):)

Enjoy Canada, make use of the opportunity to further develop yourself.

All the best.

Cheers.

Omofar.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I am also a Nigerian and I got an offer to Humber college for May.
Recently applied for study visa on 3rd Jan 2018.
Kindly confirm what stage am I ?
Eligibilty: your application is in progress. We will inform you when we start your Eligibilty.
Medical status: you passed your medical Background check: we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Warmest regards
Hi,

Hope well. Simply means you should wait until they are done.

All the best!

Cheers.

Omofar.

ZoeAmbali

Feb 13, 2019
This is just to drop my experience so far since my admission and application. I applied from Nigeria.
I got an admission for September 2018 at University of Manitoba and paid my first year school fees. I applied May 21 and had biometrics done May 24. After then, no response despite mails I sent to them. I had to defer my admission to May 2019 since September had already come and gone and yet response from CIC.
I got email to do medicals Dec 2, had medicals done DEC 5 and yet no response. After about 6 weeks, they said I had passes medical exams and a letter was sent to me Feb 5 to submit my passport. I submitted passport Feb 9 and still waiting for them.
All these I have written has taken almost 9 months but I just decided to be very positive and optimistic. So, if u going through same with me, just stay positive and calm. Everything will be alright.

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is just to drop my experience so far since my admission and application. I applied from Nigeria.
I got an admission for September 2018 at University of Manitoba and paid my first year school fees. I applied May 21 and had biometrics done May 24. After then, no response despite mails I sent to them. I had to defer my admission to May 2019 since September had already come and gone and yet response from CIC.
I got email to do medicals Dec 2, had medicals done DEC 5 and yet no response. After about 6 weeks, they said I had passes medical exams and a letter was sent to me Feb 5 to submit my passport. I submitted passport Feb 9 and still waiting for them.
All these I have written has taken almost 9 months but I just decided to be very positive and optimistic. So, if u going through same with me, just stay positive and calm. Everything will be alright.

Hello ZoeAmbali,

Thanks for sharing your story, it is one of perseverance even in the face of stereotyping and apparent discrimination. Since your passport has been requested for I am confident that you will receive your visa soon. On the other hand it is a shame how the Canadian embassy is treating Nigerian embassy, I was complaining about 5 months application for only to read of your own case. Please let us know how it goes.

I wish you all the best.

Cheers.

Omofar