+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
Hello all pls I need advice on these issues.
1. We just renewed our passports, do I need to scan and send to AVO?
2. I just found out that in our General application form for Canada. I ticked No instead Yes that I have used another name ie my maiden name. What do I do? Should I inform AVO about this? Pls seniors advise me on what to do? Thank and GBU all.

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Thanks a whole lot.
By Next week my wait will be 3 months so i wont wait any further but to send the mail.
Regards.

kanulia27 said:
Thank u all the Glory goes back to our FAITHFUL GOD who does all things well.
The following is the mail in April after waiting 4 5months:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We will like to find out the status of application which was received on August 2011. Our medical was done on the 26th of November 2013. We will appreciate if you let us know the status of our application. Thank you.

Their response
Pls be rest assured that your application is in queue for review.

Your wait will not be long, your process shall be easy. RELAX.....

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
Thanks for sharing

solomonwise said:
This is news for all applicants up to 2013.

I sent a mail to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada asking why there's a slow pace in application processing in Accra as compared to other visa offices,here is the response I got:

Dear XXXX XXXX XXXX:

This is in reply to your e-mail of June 6, 2014, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, about application processing times in Accra.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, the applicant is required to update their results.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education, business dealings, or military service in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

CIC has finite resources to deploy throughout its extensive overseas network. Many visa offices have large caseloads that involve priority class applications and require sufficient allocations of CIC's finite resources to ensure these cases are finalized as quickly as possible. Each visa office must deal with operational environments unique both to its role in CIC's overseas program commitments and the realities of the region of the world in which they are located. This means that processing times for the same category of applications may vary within the CIC visa office network. Given the varying operational environments in different countries, comparisons between visa offices can be misleading.

Processing targets for visa offices are set within a global management plan that incorporates the capacities of all PR processing visa offices within CIC's overseas network. CIC continually reviews the configuration of its overseas network to ensure that its resources are deployed to maximize its ability to effectively serve our clients.

CIC is committed to the equitable and transparent treatment of all PR applications, regardless of the origin of those applications. However, the resourcing and target levels for some visa offices must be balanced against the requirements of other visa offices in the CIC network. Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on the CIC Website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

Thank you for taking the time to write and express your concerns.

The main reason for the slow pace of work in accra is in the second to the last paragraph.

This simply means this guys are working assiduously to ensure everything is in order.
Thanks for sharing solomonwise

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
Aijaynwoke said:
Hello all pls I need advice on these issues.
1. We just renewed our passports, do I need to scan and send to AVO?
2. I just found out that in our General application form for Canada. I ticked No instead Yes that I have used another name ie my maiden name. What do I do? Should I inform AVO about this? Pls seniors advise me on what to do? Thank and GBU all.
Hi Aijay,

1)Our passports will also need renewal in about 4 months and I intend to scan them to AVO (via our representative) after renewal.
2)I believe that AVO should know that it is a mistake. Obviously CIO didn't even notice it or if they did,ignored it. But one can't take chances with these people especially AVO. In my opinion,it's better to play safe. Inform them about the mistake.

Dear forumites,what do you think?

Cheers,
NwaMarie

Jovic

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Doc's Request.
12-05-2010
Med's Request
26-04-2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Passport Req..
27-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
@ Gabrilla.

I have replied your pm. Thanks.
Jovic

Godisgood4eva

Jun 12, 2014
Godisgood4eva said:
Hello all,
I am new to the forum but have been a committed follower of this forum for over 2 years. I am a 2009 applicant(I had a 2 year wait after my first medicals which was in May, 2012 and my second one in July 2013) and I just got my PPR(May 19th). I am making this post because though I have always know but it further impressed on me how this important this forum is...I was not sure about the IMM8 form I also did not fill it but because I could not download it...but I later realised I could (after I had sent my passport and a letter stating I had no changes to my family composition) so I completed it and sent it again via dhl costing me a freaking 12k!!!! If only I had asked our wonder forumites!!! But it's well, I was also stressed and worn out becos of work and was just trying to meet the 15day deadline I was given to submit my passports.

All those waiting...do not faint, it is closer than you think....at some point i was not able to log into e-cas anymore..my case was a very special one but God showed Himself Mighty...

CBB,
Thank you for the input on the IMM8. Please would accra inform me when the passport is ready for pick up or would I have to send an email asking if it is ready; DHL said they no longer do pre-paid courier and that they would rather have confirmation that it is ready. I know Dhl can be crappy but like u I also thought it was what accra wanted. All na prayer..what Baba God has started He will see to a perfect and glorious completion, all to the glory of His name. Kindly advise me! Thanks alot.

[My honorable forumites, please help with my concerns!!Many Thanks!!!]

lizman

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
18-04-2012
Med's Request
31-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-11-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
fly7251 said:
Congratulations to Mikeyflexy and Kanwulia, I pray that Accra continues sending down the rain.
ALso, the likes of Abie, Anvaller, Headyman, Whizkid, Lizman, e.t.c Are they still on the forum? Does anyone know whether they have received their PPR or not?

@fly7251. I have not received our PPR yet but am expectant.

yka10

Feb 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015
Med's Request
20-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
@Lizman: Congrats

Godisgood4eva

Jun 12, 2014
CBB,
Please can you help me out? Please see my questions below. Many Thanks in advance!

Godisgood4eva said:
Hello all,
I am new to the forum but have been a committed follower of this forum for over 2 years. I am a 2009 applicant(I had a 2 year wait after my first medicals which was in May, 2012 and my second one in July 2013) and I just got my PPR(May 19th). I am making this post because though I have always know but it further impressed on me how this important this forum is...I was not sure about the IMM8 form I also did not fill it but because I could not download it...but I later realised I could (after I had sent my passport and a letter stating I had no changes to my family composition) so I completed it and sent it again via dhl costing me a freaking 12k!!!! If only I had asked our wonder forumites!!! But it's well, I was also stressed and worn out becos of work and was just trying to meet the 15day deadline I was given to submit my passports.

All those waiting...do not faint, it is closer than you think....at some point i was not able to log into e-cas anymore..my case was a very special one but God showed Himself Mighty...

CBB,
Thank you for the input on the IMM8. Please would accra inform me when the passport is ready for pick up or would I have to send an email asking if it is ready; DHL said they no longer do pre-paid courier and that they would rather have confirmation that it is ready. I know Dhl can be crappy but like u I also thought it was what accra wanted. All na prayer..what Baba God has started He will see to a perfect and glorious completion, all to the glory of His name. Kindly advise me! Thanks alot.

Otise

Nov 30, 2013
Code:
solomonwise said:

I sent a mail to the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada asking why there's a slow pace in application processing in Accra as compared to other visa offices,here is the response I got:

Dear XXXX XXXX XXXX:

This is in reply to your e-mail of June 6, 2014, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, about application processing times in Accra.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, the applicant is required to update their results.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education, business dealings, or military service in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

CIC has finite resources to deploy throughout its extensive overseas network. Many visa offices have large caseloads that involve priority class applications and require sufficient allocations of CIC's finite resources to ensure these cases are finalized as quickly as possible. Each visa office must deal with operational environments unique both to its role in CIC's overseas program commitments and the realities of the region of the world in which they are located. This means that processing times for the same category of applications may vary within the CIC visa office network. Given the varying operational environments in different countries, comparisons between visa offices can be misleading.

Processing targets for visa offices are set within a global management plan that incorporates the capacities of all PR processing visa offices within CIC's overseas network. CIC continually reviews the configuration of its overseas network to ensure that its resources are deployed to maximize its ability to effectively serve our clients.

CIC is committed to the equitable and transparent treatment of all PR applications, regardless of the origin of those applications. However, the resourcing and target levels for some visa offices must be balanced against the requirements of other visa offices in the CIC network. Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on the CIC Website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

The main reason for the slow pace of work in accra is in the second to the last paragraph.

This simply means this guys are working assiduously to ensure everything is in order.
thank you for the information. That was a selfless effort . God bless you

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
solomonwise said:

Dear XXXX XXXX XXXX:

Thank you for this info.

kanulia27

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
AOR Received.
22/10/2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/6/14
VISA ISSUED...
4/7/14 Delivered 16/7/14
LANDED..........
August 2014
Godisgood4eva said:
CBB,
Please can you help me out? Please see my questions below. Many Thanks in advance!
AVO will write to ask you to make arrangement to pick your passports when the visas are ready. You are asked not to contact them on the PPR letter

Important: Please note that we will not respond to queries in this regard: we ask for your patience while we prepare your documents.

Hope this helps
Cheers

Godisgood4eva

Jun 12, 2014
Many Thanks Kanulia27!!!Patience is the name of the game....this journey has definitely taught me patience.. :)

kanulia27 said:
AVO will write to ask you to make arrangement to pick your passports when the visas are ready. You are asked not to contact them on the PPR letter

Important: Please note that we will not respond to queries in this regard: we ask for your patience while we prepare your documents.

Hope this helps
Cheers

Abie

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
fly7251 said:
Congratulations to Mikeyflexy and Kanwulia, I pray that Accra continues sending down the rain.
ALso, the likes of Abie, Anvaller, Headyman, Whizkid, Lizman, e.t.c Are they still on the forum? Does anyone know whether they have received their PPR or not?

@fly7251 still waiting fly...

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
CIC might live up to their promise to clear all files b4 2015 Express Entry So lets be prayerful and expectant. A May 1 2014 Applicant With CPC-O VO just got MR AND RPRF mail and very surprising in less than 2months of submission. Lets pray accra let all 2011/2013 go so ground will clear for new applicants which will be more.