+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

coolK

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
oct 2014
Med's Done....
oct 2014
LANDED..........
jan. 2015 ( by the special grace of God)
ekundapsy said:
Hello, everyone....
Sorry for my total absence in the last few months....
Was busy with a very important exam, but through now.
I landed in Canada on Friday, 30th May 2014, through the Lester B. Pearson International Airport in Toronto by 3:30pm.
My journey began in Nigeria on Thursday, 29th May 2014. British airways flight to London by 23:15pm. The airport departure lounge was very hot, but didn't really feel it because of the excitement. We had a very great turbulence free flight, and landed Heathrow by 5:35am. The wait for the connecting flight was about 7 hours, so, was able to explore the duty free section of the airport very well. The flight from London to Toronto was also about 7 hours.
Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. It was with all smiles, as they greeted me 'Welcome to Canada' from one station to another. At the Immigration counter, everything just went smoothly. No questions about POF, Goods to follow list or goods accompanying list. The Immigration officer just asked me for my address in Canada, and I gave it to him. He just stamped and signed my COPR and handed it over to me for signing. He then directed me to the Services Canada desk, where I was given my SIN number. The Officer there was a very pleasant man....His son was born in the same town I was, so we struck a friendly note on that....
Then, I was directed to the newcomers' section where a package was given to me. All smiles....and 'Welcome to Canada' again...
All in all, it took me about 25 minutes on the whole process, about 10 of which was spent on a queue to see the immigration officer.
I went to baggage claim to retrieve my luggage, and was greeted at the Airport by someone who was contacted to meet me by someone else on my behalf. Their hospitality is unrivaled. I was taken to their house in Mississauga to a warm bath, warm Nigerian food and a warm bed, but not until I had insisted on taking a stroll through the neighbourhood later in the day, and later watching the beautiful sunset on the balcony at about 10pm....I just couldn't help thanking God for the opportunity granted me.....It felt like the happiest day of my life
The following morning, I got on WestJet flight 435 to Edmonton, where my welcoming family was waiting for me.
So far, I am still in awe of the simplicity of life, and the friendliness of total strangers, the orderliness of a simple society and the blissfulness of life in this clime....
I had an appointment scheduled at Scotiabank today to open an account, and will apply for my health card tomorrow at Alberta health.
I pray that everyone looking forward to seeing this particular day will live to see it soon and in good health, AMEN!!!!!

Wow God is faithful. Congrats, we all will testify soon in Jesus Name. (AMEN)

kanulia27

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
AOR Received.
22/10/2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/6/14
VISA ISSUED...
4/7/14 Delivered 16/7/14
LANDED..........
August 2014
Congrats All praise to God. May you and yours flourish in Canada.

ekundapsy said:
Hello, everyone....
I landed in Canada on Friday, 30th May 2014, through the Lester B. Pearson International Airport in Toronto by 3:30pm.
My journey began in Nigeria on Thursday, 29th May 2014. British airways flight to London by 23:15pm. The airport departure lounge was very hot, but didn't really feel it because of the excitement. We had a very great turbulence free flight, and landed Heathrow by 5:35am. The wait for the connecting flight was about 7 hours, so, was able to explore the duty free section of the airport very well. The flight from London to Toronto was also about 7 hours.
Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. It was with all smiles, as they greeted me 'Welcome to Canada' from one station to another. At the Immigration counter, everything just went smoothly. No questions about POF, Goods to follow list or goods accompanying list. The Immigration officer just asked me for my address in Canada, and I gave it to him. He just stamped and signed my COPR and handed it over to me for signing. He then directed me to the Services Canada desk, where I was given my SIN number. The Officer there was a very pleasant man....His son was born in the same town I was, so we struck a friendly note on that....
Then, I was directed to the newcomers' section where a package was given to me. All smiles....and 'Welcome to Canada' again...
All in all, it took me about 25 minutes on the whole process, about 10 of which was spent on a queue to see the immigration officer.
I went to baggage claim to retrieve my luggage, and was greeted at the Airport by someone who was contacted to meet me by someone else on my behalf. Their hospitality is unrivaled. I was taken to their house in Mississauga to a warm bath, warm Nigerian food and a warm bed, but not until I had insisted on taking a stroll through the neighbourhood later in the day, and later watching the beautiful sunset on the balcony at about 10pm....I just couldn't help thanking God for the opportunity granted me.....It felt like the happiest day of my life
The following morning, I got on WestJet flight 435 to Edmonton, where my welcoming family was waiting for me.
So far, I am still in awe of the simplicity of life, and the friendliness of total strangers, the orderliness of a simple society and the blissfulness of life in this clime....
I had an appointment scheduled at Scotiabank today to open an account, and will apply for my health card tomorrow at Alberta health.
I pray that everyone looking forward to seeing this particular day will live to see it soon and in good health, AMEN!!!!!

AirMan

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Floxzy said:
Thanks Hakoguma. With credential assessment already handled by WES, ICAS and others I think school credential verification should no longer be an issue. I will appreciate if you can answer his question please. "He asked if anyone who have landed got hint of AVO verification at workplace, bank etc during the period they were waiting for MR". I also like to know if anyone knew if AVO checked on their workplace for details etc. For me its important because I am planning to change my Job anytime soon.
Have done my medicals and waiting for PPR. Personally, I am not aware of any checks so far on my past employers. My understanding is that they could verify employer references if they have doubts about one's submission.

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
ekundapsy said:
Hello, everyone....
The very Erudite and scholarly Ekundapsy!!!...really felt your absence all this while.So happy for you bro....eyes have not seen nor hears heard what great things God has in store for you in your new home CANADA...I rejoice with you and say a BIG AMEN to your prayers

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Gofame said:
The very Erudite and scholarly Ekundapsy!!!...really felt your absence all this while.So happy for you bro....eyes have not seen nor hears heard what great things God has in store for you in your new home CANADA...I rejoice with you and say a BIG AMEN to your prayers
Lol.....Gofame...
I am only following in the footsteps of others in front of me.
I will be only staying for a while here, took annual leave from my work in Nigeria for the landing purpose.
But before I leave, I want to open a bank account, apply for my health card and see if I can start processing my drivers' license.
This country is a great one...As long as you're working, everything will fall in place...
Pls, everyone that's in this race for the Permanent Residency should start thanking God now......It will definitely come to fulfillment, and you'll never regret making the decision.
Edmonton is a low crime environment, with good public facilities.....you won't believe the libraries here....
God will fulfil all our dreams, AMEN!!!!!

petereshiett2K1

Mar 23, 2014
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
3RD DEC ,2014 !
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGE DATE - FEBRUARY 10, 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER, 22nd feb., 2015.
File Transfer...
22nd feb, 2015.
Med's Request
15th september, 2015.
Med's Done....
22nd September, 2015. Medicals Recieved , October 13, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED, BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
Passport Req..
MAY 4TH, 2016, PICK UP mail on JUNE 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JUNE 8, 2016
LANDED..........
SEPTRMBER 19, 2016 !
ekundapsy said:
Lol.....Gofame...
I will be only staying for a while here, took annual leave from my work in Nigeria for the landing purpose.
But before I leave, I want to open a bank account, apply for my health card and see if I can start processing my drivers' license.
This country is a great one...As long as you're working, everything will fall in place...
Pls, everyone that's in this race for the Permanent Residency should start thanking God now......It will definitely come to fulfillment, and you'll never regret making the decision.
Edmonton is a low crime environment, with good public facilities.....you won't believe the libraries here....
HI, CONGRATS . LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU OVER THERE. CHEERS.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
ekundapsy said:
Lol.....Gofame...

ekundapsy, congratulations, am happy for you.

seunex

Apr 3, 2014
Please can any one tell me if Ghana office can also require an individual to submit passports in person for the purpose of issuing an immigration visa? If yes how long does this take?

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Re: Thanks

Omo Naija, congratulations. It is the Lord's doing.

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
seunex said:
Please can any one tell me if Ghana office can also require an individual to submit passports in person for the purpose of issuing an immigration visa? If yes how long does this take?
in the past, yes......But I don't think they do that anymore......
Now, they require you to submit your passports through DHL or VFS...
And it takes between 3 and 6 weeks.....

seunex

Apr 3, 2014
Thank you for your prompt response. Can anyone please post a sample of a resent passport request AVO

Secondly, is it always compulsory that a photocopy of the passport would be requested before the original passport is requested by Accra vissa office?

kanulia27

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
AOR Received.
22/10/2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29/10/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/6/14
VISA ISSUED...
4/7/14 Delivered 16/7/14
LANDED..........
August 2014
Ameeeen o. Our bags are packed. AVO request our passport biko and issue PRV. Rain positive updates on us IJN. Our expectations shall not be cut short
ekundapsy said:
Lol.....Gofame...

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
NOC Code Profession Application received
1112 Fin & investment analyst 491
2131 Civil Eng 257
2132 Mechanical Eng 264
2174 Computer Programmers and IMD 450
2171 Info Sys analysts & Consultant 263

The listed professions above will get to the 1000 capping limit by June or early July,2014.

Please submit as soon as you can if your occupation falls within these groups.

Note: Numbers of applications receive as at today is still zero on CIC website. The numbers shown above are from reputable Canadian immigration law firm based in Vancouver and Toronto Canada.

For more info on capping visit
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ/htmlview?sle=true#

Good luck to all applicants

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ksa0510 said:
NOC Code Profession Application received
1112 Fin & investment analyst 491
2131 Civil Eng 257
2132 Mechanical Eng 264
2174 Computer Programmers and IMD 450
2171 Info Sys analysts & Consultant 263

The listed professions above will get to the 1000 capping limit by June or early July,2014.

Please submit as soon as you can if your occupation falls within these groups.

Note: Numbers of applications receive as at today is still zero on CIC website. The numbers shown above are from reputable Canadian immigration law firm based in Vancouver and Toronto Canada.

For more info on capping visit
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ/htmlview?sle=true#

Good luck to all applicants
Can you provide a link to the "reputable Canadian immigration law firm" website?

I still wonder why 2173 is not included in the list

olukemi2

Mar 25, 2013
I applied for for Federal skilled worker program 2012, and received a mail denying me visa on some grounds, I wan to reapply for the ongoing one,am I to include my old UCI number in the form or leave it blank, also am I to include he refusal letter in my application or not?