+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
ASHELA said:
Hello house, been quite a while, landing preparations no be small thing, shopping, shopping and shopping in fact everything about this canadian dream has been money money money from start to finish. I thank Baba God sha that it was not in vain.
Congrats Biolah on your landing. CBB congratulations in advance to you also.

Congrats but reduce the number of kids cloths as it is very cheap here. Get more of your local dish materials, all others shall be added unto you here.

sogood

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
19-04-2012
Passport Req..
22-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
sanmi13 said:
Our seniors, those who have their passports stamped & those who have gotten MR and waiting for PPR I'd like to ask this question.

Did Accra actually carried out any background checks on your applications that you are aware of ?

Did any of your employers confirmed to have received any request for information from Accra as regards you?

Am just trying to figure out what Accra could be doing presently with our application.

Response will be appreciated from you.

Thanks

Background check is an investigation and it become a serious issue when you presentation/records give room for doubt. Some embassy do contact to find out. You will be fine, I will advise that immediately you submit your application, you start planning on landing no matter the times it take by taken course and certification that will aid you on arrival

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
sanmi13 said:
Our seniors, those who have their passports stamped & those who have gotten MR and waiting for PPR I'd like to ask this question.

Did Accra actually carried out any background checks on your applications that you are aware of ?

Did any of your employers confirmed to have received any request for information from Accra as regards you?

Am just trying to figure out what Accra could be doing presently with our application.

Response will be appreciated from you.

Thanks
Thanks. It is the background check that actually delays the entire processing lead time. Several people have been rejected in the past because of background check failures - especially school credentials etc.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Congratulations to Dcrest, Temi on your PPRs and Biolah on the successful landing - May Canada favour you and family.
Congrats to all on AVO's pleasant update. It is well. 'Na turn by turn' my people - God makes everything beautiful in His time.

It will soon come. Please follow the candid advice offered by Madam Tinu - quite rewarding to follow same.

Cheers, HAA.

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Hakpoguma said:
Thanks. It is the background check that actually delays the entire processing lead time. Several people have been rejected in the past because of background check failures - especially school credentials etc.
Thanks Hakoguma. With credential assessment already handled by WES, ICAS and others I think school credential verification should no longer be an issue. I will appreciate if you can answer his question please. "He asked if anyone who have landed got hint of AVO verification at workplace, bank etc during the period they were waiting for MR". I also like to know if anyone knew if AVO checked on their workplace for details etc. For me its important because I am planning to change my Job anytime soon.

ASHELA

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
18/2/2014
Med's Done....
28/02/2014
Passport Req..
1/4/2014
VISA ISSUED...
30/4/2014
LANDED..........
june 2014
Floxzy said:
Ashela Please help us provide answer to Sanmi2013's question. I also call on all seniors in the house to provide answers to his question. It will be of benefit to all 2013 applicants. Thanks
Floxzy dont mind me jare, was about commenting on the post Before my attention was diverted.
As per my own application I cant really say what checks accra did, I do know that they did not contact my employer. Whatever other checks they did I do not know.

However I do know that whenever they check and there is any uncertainty they get back to the applicant for further information or documents that's when they request for additional documents and give around 60 days.I think they usually check certificates and issues with pof, both before medicals and After. I remember members on this forum have also shared their experiences with additional documents request and sometimes even calls for interview as in Temi and Olamides case.
There should be no shaking as long as there are no issues with the documents submitted initially, so even if accra is in doubt one can easily get other genuine documents to support. It is when documents are not genuine that people usually have issues which could even lead to accra refusing the application despite having PER initially.

ASHELA

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18/2/2014
Med's Done....
28/02/2014
Passport Req..
1/4/2014
VISA ISSUED...
30/4/2014
LANDED..........
june 2014
Floxzy said:
Thanks Hakoguma. With credential assessment already handled by WES, ICAS and others I think school credential verification should no longer be an issue. I will appreciate if you can answer his question please. "He asked if anyone who have landed got hint of AVO verification at workplace, bank etc during the period they were waiting for MR". I also like to know if anyone knew if AVO checked on their workplace for details etc. For me its important because I am planning to change my Job anytime soon.
It's not only school credentials some people also present certificates from professional bodies relating to their jobs

ASHELA

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18/2/2014
Med's Done....
28/02/2014
Passport Req..
1/4/2014
VISA ISSUED...
30/4/2014
LANDED..........
june 2014
sogood said:
Congrats but reduce the number of kids cloths as it is very cheap here. Get more of your local dish materials, all others shall be added unto you here.
Thanks for this information sogood. This is good to know so I don't go over board.

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Hi all,

Quite a while...Kinda busy these days... just wanted to check in and testify to the glory of God that i just got a job as a Senior Business Analyst with IBM Canada.

Please keep up your faith as the sky is just a stepping stone here.

for those still awaiting Visa and and yet to land...my advice; please ensure you get all the necessary "international" certifications BEFORE you land as Canada is quite expensive to take most courses.

All the best guys.

bumpy5ng

Jun 24, 2013
dear house what advice do you have for new applicants. i'm planning to apply in this new fsw window. my bsc certificate is more than 10 yrs old & someone told me its not valid for verification.

coolK

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
oct 2014
Med's Done....
oct 2014
LANDED..........
jan. 2015 ( by the special grace of God)
Omo Naija said:
Hi all,

Quite a while...Kinda busy these days... just wanted to check in and testify to the glory of God that i just got a job as a Senior Business Analyst with IBM Canada.

for those still awaiting Visa and and yet to land...my advice; please ensure you get all the necessary "international" certifications BEFORE you land as Canada is quite expensive to take most courses.

All the best guys.
Congrats on the appointment. God continue to increase you. Thanks for the advice.

sanmi13

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013 (PER)
bumpy5ng said:
dear house what advice do you have for new applicants. i'm planning to apply in this new fsw window. my bsc certificate is more than 10 yrs old & someone told me its not valid for verification.
bumpy5ng, I wouldn't know where the person got the information but let me use mine as an example. My certificate is 10+ years & it neva gave me any problems. My verifications were done without any hassles.

I would advice you to put ur documents together as quickly as possible, go thru the CIC websites & put in ur applications as best as u can.

Wishing u all d best!

mayoress

Sep 9, 2011
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
MPNP-30/03/13; CIC-06/05/14
Doc's Request.
CIC- 06/08/14; Submitted- 18/08/14
Nomination.....
27/02/14
AOR Received.
MPNP- 09/04/13; CIC-25/06/14
IELTS Request
Submitted for MPNP. Expired submitted with CIC application
File Transfer...
25/06/14
Med's Request
07/08/14
Med's Done....
14/08/14; In-process- 13/08/14; medical received- 18/08/14
Interview........
MPNP-24/02/14; CIC- Waived iJn. Amen.
Passport Req..
26/08/14
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/14
LANDED..........
05/12/2014 by the help of God.
@ Biolah and Ginacom, congratulations on your successful landing. May the Lord conquer the land of Canada for you and your family. Amen

@CBB, congratulations in advance.

mayoress

Sep 9, 2011
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
MPNP-30/03/13; CIC-06/05/14
Doc's Request.
CIC- 06/08/14; Submitted- 18/08/14
Nomination.....
27/02/14
AOR Received.
MPNP- 09/04/13; CIC-25/06/14
IELTS Request
Submitted for MPNP. Expired submitted with CIC application
File Transfer...
25/06/14
Med's Request
07/08/14
Med's Done....
14/08/14; In-process- 13/08/14; medical received- 18/08/14
Interview........
MPNP-24/02/14; CIC- Waived iJn. Amen.
Passport Req..
26/08/14
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/14
LANDED..........
05/12/2014 by the help of God.
Omo Naija said:
Hi all,

All the best guys.
So happy for you. Congratulations.

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omo Naija said:
Hi all,

All the best guys.
This is commendable
Congrats!