+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Anvaller

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 2014
LANDED..........
Oct 2014
Re: Preparation for Canada

Crest said:
Thanks every one who dropped a line of congratulation on our visas.

My Seniors and landed fellows, what preparations should one be doing now? I have visited the CIC's website to obtain info on immigrate, will that be okay?

Which foods can One carry?
Which documents do we go with?
How many days does it take for them to issue Residency Card since we can not travel in and out of Canada without it?

Thanks for your usual response.

Crest
The best bet (I think) is to hop from relevant thread to thread including this very thread. There are lots of landing/settling down experiences u can learn from. One needs a load of information while preparing to land. And again, u might want to 1st make up your mind on the province u are going to and then gather info specific to that province.

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
Omo Naija said:
Hi All,

To God be all the glory... My wife and i landed safely in Saskatoon - Canada on 24th of December 2013 (just in time to have a white Christmas ;D )

My landing experience come soon...

Have a great day all.
Congratulations, wish you a prosperous integration..

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
To the glory of God my family and myself finally completed our immigration journey by landing at the Toronto Pearson Airport on the 14 December 2013 enroute to Winnipeg, Manitoba. Yesterday made it one month of our arrival in Canada.

I thank Almighty for the opportunity he has given us to achieve this dream of ours and also I thank landed seniors like Olusheg, Ladapo4luv, Ind-dan and Madam Tinu for all your support, encouragement and assistance when we landed. Not forgetting Madam Igbehinadara for creating the forum for this opportunity for meeting great Naija-Canadians, you are appreciated.

I want to encourage as many that are challenged by one delay or the other not to loose hope. My immigration journey started in July 2005 and was part of the recently Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) backlog that was terminated by the popular Bill C-38 on April 26, 2012 but with this forum and research on other routes we were able to explore the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Programme (MPNP) which culminate in our eventual PR status today.

Although am back in Nigeria, family are integrating gradually with the help of landed seniors who continuously show invaluable support and love to my family and me.

God bless us all.

switchlanes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
IELTS
Nomination.....
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
IELTS Request
06-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
ecas - in process medical recieved 13-11-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2014
LANDED..........
5/06/2014
Emperor said:
To the glory of God my family and myself finally completed our immigration journey by landing at the Toronto Pearson Airport on the 14 December 2013 enroute to Winnipeg, Manitoba. Yesterday made it one month of our arrival in Canada.

I thank Almighty for the opportunity he has given us to achieve this dream of ours and also I thank landed seniors like Olusheg, Ladapo4luv, Ind-dan and Madam Tinu for all your support, encouragement and assistance when we landed. Not forgetting Madam Igbehinadara for creating the forum for this opportunity for meeting great Naija-Canadians, you are appreciated.

I want to encourage as many that are challenged by one delay or the other not to loose hope. My immigration journey started in July 2005 and was part of the recently Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) backlog that was terminated by the popular Bill C-38 on April 26, 2012 but with this forum and research on other routes we were able to explore the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Programme (MPNP) which culminate in our eventual PR status today.

Although am back in Nigeria, family are integrating gradually with the help of landed seniors who continuously show invaluable support and love to my family and me.

God bless us all.
This forum has been a blessing to me, God bless the person that created this forum, Bros, am so happy for you, God has really been faithfully, and i know He has alot install for you , just wait and see for yourself, I go hail you when i don land winnipeg by God's grace, Enjoy your trip bro,

Regards to the family

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Emperor said:

God bless us all.
congrats Emperor on your successful landing .May the land favor you and yours.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Omo Naija said:
Hi All,

To God be all the glory... My wife and i landed safely in Saskatoon - Canada on 24th of December 2013 (just in time to have a white Christmas ;D )

Have a great day all.
Congrats once more on your successful landing.May you and yours be favored in your new home.

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
Congrat emperor on your succeful landing.this is heartwarming. Biolah.
Emperor said:
To the glory of God my family and myself finally completed our immigration journey by landing at the Toronto Pearson Airport on the 14 December 2013 enrou
te to Winnipeg, Manitoba. Yesterday made it one month of our arrival in Canada.

God bless us all.

azania1974

Jan 30, 2013
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
Nomination.....
10-11-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
Nill
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013
Interview........
ECAS : Medical Recieved 07-11-2013
Passport Req..
03-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
SOON BY GODS GRACE
Hello House,

Please i need Settlers in Edmonton to assist me . Either settlers in Calgary or Edmonton perse on housing and survival jobs . Can anyone with landing experience please help as i will be leaving in a couple of days time. This is very urgent. I need to check into an hotel for a week in order to look for housing or cheap apartment in Edmonton area.

AZANIA74/COLIN

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Re: Preparation for Canada

MUFU said:
o lala, Crest, I was forget to congrat you. please took it, CONGRATULATION!!!!.

Hmmm, forget cic immigration website, the peoples is not live for real world, Canada city matter is, experience is the best teacher. you is take the right step to contact members who is since land, they is the peoples that will givings you the real koko. abeg begins to make some personal contacts now.

number one and most important food which you must carry in plentiful, is MONEYS, not moi moi o ;D, then you can now begins to carry other food like egusi, crayfishes, fishes, inshort you can ask all the womans members who is land for that one, but carry all of thems dry o. hold all your documents that will be concern your childrenses school, birth cerfiticate, and if you is catholic, carry all the baptisimal card. carry all documents to take find work, and to go school, yes o. carry some medicine, not simple one like alagbin o, carry better antibiotics and malaria medicine. all this hair attachment for young gals, if you is have gals.

the other one, PR card is take like 2 weeks, but sometime one month. why is you even ask that question sef, when you is wait for months take get PPR. :p. But you is fit to travel for inside Canada city without it.
I am wishings you all the best. thank sir.
MUFU, long time!! am happy that you are back, is like the tension of initial settlement has reduced for you, thank God for his kindness. Mufu please try and polish yourself a bit na ;D ;D ;D ;D. Which part of canada are you? also try and start the english class meant for immigrants, after all it is free :p :p :p :p :p. Welcome back.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Omo Naija said:
Hi All,

Have a great day all.
Omo Naija, congrats and thank God for journey mercies.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Emperor said:

God bless us all.
Emperor, congrats and may Canada favour you and yours IJN.

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
azania1974 said:
Hello House,

Please i need Settlers in Edmonton to assist me . Either settlers in Calgary or Edmonton perse on housing and survival jobs . Can anyone with landing experience please help as i will be leaving in a couple of days time. This is very urgent. I need to check into an hotel for a week in order to look for housing or cheap apartment in Edmonton area.

AZANIA74/COLIN

Hello, Colin.....
Congratulations once again.....
I had always thought you were going to Manitoba....looking at your profile all the time, seeing PNP....I didn't know you're heading to Alberta......I actually didn't know there were Nigerians on the Alberta PNP route....lol
Pls, post the question on the Landed Naija thread. Also, try to connect with people like Swinglow, Babymart, walecanada.....

lizman

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
18-04-2012
Med's Request
31-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-11-2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
Emperor said:

God bless us all.

Congratulations Emperor on your on your successful landing .the lord will give you and yours the dew of heaven and the fatness of the earth and plenty of corn and wine .

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
lizman said:

Congratulations Emperor on your on your successful landing .the lord will give you and yours the dew of heaven and the fatness of the earth and plenty of corn and wine .
Hello lizman, based on your timeline, you received MR 31st October 2012 and did Medical 20th November 2013,how come? or is it an error?.

lizman

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.