+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

azania1974

Jan 30, 2013
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
Nomination.....
10-11-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
Nill
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013
Interview........
ECAS : Medical Recieved 07-11-2013
Passport Req..
03-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
SOON BY GODS GRACE
HI EKUNDAPSY,

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE ON THE CSE. I SUGGEST THAT MAYBE I SHOULD EXECISE PATIENCE TILL JANUARY 16TH 2014 TO SEND THE CSE TO CIC .THIS IS BECAUSE MY NEXT BFD IS JANUARY 15TH 2014. SO IF I DONT HERE FROM THEM TILL THEN {GOD FORBID} I WILL SEND A CSE TO THEM BY JANURY 16TH.

PLEASE IS THIS ADVISABLE?

COLIN

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice concept....

But this option is for those who have the PR already right?

DyDx said:
Season's Greetings! I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year of Possibilities.

On the issue of showing our POF at Port of Entry, we have discussed the various options thoroughly. For me however, I have chosen the option of documentary evidence via a bank account AND small cash in hand. Here's what I have done:
I discovered one can open an account online with Royal Bank of Canada(RBC) even before landing (https://online.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/apply/mpa/apply.cgi/getting_started). After filling the online application, I got forms via email a few days later from an Account Manager with further instructions:

•Personal Identification (2 pieces) **
Certified copies of two pieces of personal identification are required for each account holder. The primary piece must be a passport, supplemented by other documents such as birth certificate or driver's license.
** Signature Card, Personal Identification and Verification of Identity forms must be clearly legible, signed and witnessed as a true copy by any of the following:
•A RBC representative from any of our worldwide locations http://www.rbcwminternational.com/locations.html
•You may also refer to the Lawyer Locator http://www.martindale.com. Only firms provided in this list can act as a witness. Note: Any lawyer is acceptable in USA, but we are unable to accept documents witnessed by notaries.
•A representative of a Canadian Embassy/Consulate
You will be notified of your account status within one week upon receiving your completed documents.
A Canadian funds ‘Day to Day Savings Account' will be opened by default. Once the account is opened, funds may be remitted by wire transfer or a third party draft.
The account will be ‘deposit only' until your arrival in Canada and your identification is verified in person.
Note: For joint account holders, all parties must be present together when verifying your identity.

Since I was going to the US (last month), I decided to use the RBC Rep option to certify those documents. I located a RBC office; a REP accepted to certify my Passport and any US issued ID(declined my Naija Birth Cert). I then contacted the RBC Account Manager in Toronto, who advised I use the US visa as the second piece of ID, which the REP agreed to certify. To this end, I sent the package via the post office to CA and 2 accounts were opened - RBC Day to Day Savings(C$) and RBC US High Interest eSavings (US$). Note, you can domicile the account in the province you intend to land and subsequently transfer to a branch nearest to your choice place.

I asked a friend in Alberta that needed to send some money to Naija to deposit the same into the C$ account and I gave the naira equivalent to the beneficiary here. So, I have funds already in the account; I hope to get more from that person (cheaper for me). The Account Mgr had to send me a mini statement, since I cannot access it online until I get to CA and verify my identity. I intend to get more C$ from within CA and wire US$ from Naija. For the landing part, the RBC will send me the statement and letter which I will show at the POE.
Regards

DyDx

pickabeau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
+1.

Is there an option to pay via credit

With_God said:
Congratulations on the receipt of your MR. This is indeed a Christmas gift. God has already given you victory for you have crossed the major hurdle.

Concerning how to pay your RPRF, GTBank has made life so easy. I am happy to tell you that you can raise your Canadian/US dollars draft without stepping to any branch of GTBank. I did my own seamlessly from the comfort of my home via GTBank internet banking. Please note that you must have a domiciliary account with GTB for you to raise the draft.
You will see a service called ' FX draft request' on your GTB internet platform. If you don't already have this service on your platform you can easily add it by using the self service function on the platform. The FX draft request service will enable you to specify the currency in which you want to raise the draft, the amount, recipient and and the pick-up location. In my own case I specified the GTB branch very close to my office. I was called about 24 hours later that my draft was ready at the pick-up branch I specified.

You can now see that you don't even need to go to Oyin Jolayemi branch to raise your draft. If you don't have a GTB account please use someone who has a domiciliary account with GTB to raise the draft on your behalf. Hope this info will be of help to you. Cheers

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
azania1974 said:
HI EKUNDAPSY,

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE ON THE CSE. I SUGGEST THAT MAYBE I SHOULD EXECISE PATIENCE TILL JANUARY 16TH 2014 TO SEND THE CSE TO CIC .THIS IS BECAUSE MY NEXT BFD IS JANUARY 15TH 2014. SO IF I DONT HERE FROM THEM TILL THEN {GOD FORBID} I WILL SEND A CSE TO THEM BY JANURY 16TH.

COLIN

Dear Colin,
It's left to you to decide on what to do. Like I said, I know very little about the PNP stream. You should be comfortable with any decision you make. My suggestion is based on my own experience. I wish people on PNP stream can comment about this.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
ekundapsy said:
Dear Colin,
Merry Xmas to you, and happy new year in advance.
Congratulations on the ecas change.
I am sure the waiting is really getting on your nerves.......it's the way it is.
But please, I will like you to do some proactive waiting.
I'm not so familiar with the Provincial nominee programme, and it's waiting period (I am on the FSW stream), so, I will not comment on recent waiting times. However, knowing the immigration process and the fast track these days, I want to suggest that you should step up your game.
Let me share little example....( I shared it earlier in the thread, last month ). I got medical results have been received for about 2 and half months with no PPR. I decided to send a CSE to Accra, and my PPR came just about 3 weeks later, with the heading "REMINDER" on it....which suggests that they had sent it before (I don't like thinking about what that could have meant).
The good thing is: they will respond to a case specific enquiry. I've not come across anyone who wasn't answered before. They will even immediately send you a confirmation that they received your mail. You might need to wait a few days to weeks before they answer your query, but they will.
It is better to ask than to just be silent waiting.
For the House, like I said earlier in the thread, I will still prescribe a monthly CSE after you do your medicals....our applications are too precious to leave to "time and chance".....
To send the CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY, please, click on the link: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra
Many thanks my brother ekundapsy for always willing to assist others. Very good insight provided re proactive waiting and stepping up the game.
Just to clarify from you - Can those that use Agents/Consultants follow this route? re CSE.
Overall - Very good write up and example to share.

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Hakpoguma said:
Many thanks my brother ekundapsy for always willing to assist others. Very good insight provided re proactive waiting and stepping up the game.
Just to clarify from you - Can those that use Agents/Consultants follow this route? re CSE.
Overall - Very good write up and example to share.

Chief Hakpoguma,
ABSOLUTELY...... and even MORE IMPORTANTLY!
If you used an agent or a consultant, it becomes even more important.
This is because your updates usually pass through your agent or consultant to you......and nothing like human error to cause a catastrophe!
Remember that the visa office will usually give about 15 days to collect visa from PPR, what if this message is delayed by your agent or consultant for whatever reason?
I know there was a time when some people were having difficulties and delays with a particular consultant in Canada, not sure who, but I hope it's resolved now.
The principle is: It is your application, and you have the power of attorney on it, you just delegated it to a consultant, CIC and AVO still see it as your application, and the responsibility still lies with you.
To make things easier, all the information you need to make the CSE is within your reach, as long as you've received a mail from CIC or AVO in the past. Once you have your UCI number and a few other top of the head identification like your surname and date of birth, you're home and dry....
Pls, make that enquiry today, it may be time-saving!

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ekundapsy said:
Chief Hakpoguma,
ABSOLUTELY...... and even MORE IMPORTANTLY!
If you used an agent or a consultant, it becomes even more important.
This is because your updates usually pass through your agent or consultant to you......and nothing like human error to cause a catastrophe!
Remember that the visa office will usually give about 15 days to collect visa from PPR, what if this message is delayed by your agent or consultant for whatever reason?
I know there was a time when some people were having difficulties and delays with a particular consultant in Canada, not sure who, but I hope it's resolved now.
The principle is: It is your application, and you have the power of attorney on it, you just delegated it to a consultant, CIC and AVO still see it as your application, and the responsibility still lies with you.
To make things easier, all the information you need to make the CSE is within your reach, as long as you've received a mail from CIC or AVO in the past. Once you have your UCI number and a few other top of the head identification like your surname and date of birth, you're home and dry....
Pls, make that enquiry today, it may be time-saving!
Thank you very much ekundapsy. I rest my case - great info. Truly, a word is enough for the wise!.

jodav3

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2011
AOR Received.
21/11/2011
Med's Request
25/10/2013
Med's Done....
06/11/2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
April 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
11/6/2014
azania1974 said:
HI EKUNDAPSY,

COLIN
Colin, If I may ask, how did you know your BFD date. Have you ordered for GCMS? I will also like to know my BFD. Your BFD has provided us insight into the fact that action will start on or before 2nd week in January in the new year.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hello Oreke,

Please, I have just replied your PM.

Cheers.

azania1974

Jan 30, 2013
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
Nomination.....
10-11-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
Nill
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
SOON BY GODS GRACE
HI JODAV,

YES I HAVE ORDERED MY GCMS NOTES TWICE THIS YEAR. YOU CAN DO SAME AND FROM THERE, YOU WILL GET YOUR BFD THERE.
NO HASSLES AT ALL.

COLIN

TrustingGod

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-10-2013
Med's Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Passport Req..
19-07-2014
LANDED..........
19 N0v 2014
@Alpharm,Ig,Bishop and all rejoicing with me quietly,thanks very much.Our xpectations shall not be cut off.

Please,I am still soliciting information on how to go about paying the RPRFee.can ppl who have gone thro this share their exp.I wonder if it is to go to Accra and pay(I live in Lagos) or raise a bank draft locally.If so where also I do not have a Dom account.
Many thanks for your advise

azania1974

Jan 30, 2013
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
Nomination.....
10-11-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
Nill
Med's Request
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
03-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
SOON BY GODS GRACE
Hi Trust in God,

Its a pity you dont have a dom account. I paid my permanent residence fees by raising a GTB bankdraft. Its just 3 days . while i paid my RPRF through my First bank Dom account. Get someone who is trustworthy that you can raise the Draft on your name and it will be addressed to the { THE RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA} . then write ur full names on the back and forward this to accra. Its just $490 but the bank will take charges sha. you can as well get this in lagos, i live in Ibadan here. Its simple and straightforward.

Colin

switchlanes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
IELTS
Nomination.....
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
IELTS Request
06-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
ecas - in process medical recieved 13-11-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2014
LANDED..........
5/06/2014
ekundapsy said:
Dear Colin,
It's left to you to decide on what to do. Like I said, I know very little about the PNP stream. You should be comfortable with any decision you make. My suggestion is based on my own experience. I wish people on PNP stream can comment about this.
You know what i feel, i have gone thru people's timeline on pnp in various forums, the mininum i have ever seen is two-three months after ecas -in process( medicals received) they had their ppr request , i had my medicals on the 7th of November, and it shows medical received on the 13th November. Am just praying for God speed to receive my ppr by january 2014.

As for Colin, i strongly believe he will get his ppr any moment from now till january if all things been equal.

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
TrustingGod said:
@ Alpharm,Ig,Bishop and all rejoicing with me quietly,thanks very much.Our xpectations shall not be cut off.

Please,I am still soliciting information on how to go about paying the RPRFee.can ppl who have gone thro this share their exp.I wonder if it is to go to Accra and pay(I live in Lagos) or raise a bank draft locally.If so where also I do not have a Dom account.
Many thanks for your advise
In addition, if you have a naira account with gtb, you can use it to obtain your draft in USD and not CAD.
Dom acct is a must for CAD draft, as the charges includes 10.5 + 25USD.
But you may be allowed to pay for a USD draft with charges of 10.5 in naira equivalence, this may be charged to your current acct.
ONLY AT OYINJOLAYEMI -to the best of my knowledge

kolemm

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
MAY 2012
Med's Request
OCT 2013
Med's Done....
NOV 2013
Passport Req..
JUNE 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 2014
LANDED..........
AUG 2014
B-jay said:
Merry Xmass to this Honourable House!

.......So so glad to announce to this awesome house that I got my PRV yesterday Live and Direct in Accra.
I got there at 9am Accra time and was told to return by 11am for the Ugwu Leaf because they would be closing early yesterday.
so I return at exactly 11am. I WAS THE ONLY ONE FOR PRV. I met two Applicants but were Visitors and they appeared to be Ghanian.
So they called my name by 11.30m for the PRV. I returned Joyfully with the UGWU LEAF yesterday as truly and apparent as God's Xmas Gift. I Dedicated it to God while Thanking This Honourable House for your Prayers,Felicitation and best wishes. God Bless you all.

To those MI3 left and MI8,2014 is your Year. See you on top and in Canada ultimately.

Thank You and God Bless you all!

Happy Xmass and eventful New Year in Advance.

B-Jay
Anytime ugwu leaf is mentioned, i usually think of melon, locust beans and palm oil.
As you begin to tidy up, hope these items will find their way into your luggage.
Wish you smooth planning and a safe landing.
Congratulations.