+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Olamide1

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
22-02-2012
Med's Request
31-01-2014
Med's Done....
07-02-2014
Interview........
13-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2014
LANDED..........
very soon IJN
ekundapsy said:
Hello, all.....
I'm a complete novice in matters of marriage certificates and their authenticity......but I will like to draw your attention to the statement that dcrest made concerning notarization.....
I will beg to differ on your statement, dcrest..... Notarization does not assure authenticity. It just tells whoever is receiving it, that it is a CERTIFIED TRUE COPY of the original that was seen by the officer who notarized. There is no way in the world, that my university degree certificates could be said to be original just by being notarized. The receiving officer can only be sure if the notarized copies are forwarded to the awarding institution to be authenticated. They will then look into their records of awards, and also compare the notarized copy with their own baseline originals. If they are not satisfied, or if the copy is not clear, they will then request for the original copy, to check inbuilt securities.
Now, that said, I think the real issues here are "Does CIC accept marriage certificates from Catholic church?", "Has anyone been rejected because of marriage certificate?", "Does anyone know anyone who has?"
Everyone who submitted marriage certificates from churches or mosques should answer, pls.......
@ekundapsy, I have explained this earlier. I have a marriage certificate from the catholic church and it is the legal one. As long as the church is registered to conduct marriage legally you will be issued an authentic marriage certificate. As I said earlier this certificate is same as that given at the registry. Of course some churches issue their own marriage certificate which is not recognized by the law. Nikkai certificate is given after islamic marriage and it is recognised by the law.
On the issue of notarization of documents, you are right on point. It just shows that the copy is a true of the original document.
Finally, the CIC will accept marriage certificate from the catholic church if it is the authentic one and you will know by following the steps I explained earlier. I dont know if cic will reject based marriage certificate and I don't know of anyone that got rejected based on that. But logically, if one is claiming marriage under the act with a fake marriage certificate, the person may be rejected. My humble opinion though.

ekundapsy

Feb 11, 2011
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
PER recieved 03-08-2011
AOR Received.
NOT YET
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
RBVO 29-08-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Olamide1 said:
@ ekundapsy, I have explained this earlier. I have a marriage certificate from the catholic church and it is the legal one. As long as the church is registered to conduct marriage legally you will be issued an authentic marriage certificate. As I said earlier this certificate is same as that given at the registry. Of course some churches issue their own marriage certificate which is not recognized by the law. Nikkai certificate is given after islamic marriage and it is recognised by the law.
On the issue of notarization of documents, you are right on point. It just shows that the copy is a true of the original document.
Finally, the CIC will accept marriage certificate from the catholic church if it is the authentic one and you will know by following the steps I explained earlier. I dont know if cic will reject based marriage certificate and I don't know of anyone that got rejected based on that. But logically, if one is claiming marriage under the act with a fake marriage certificate, the person may be rejected. My humble opinion though.

Right on point!!

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
@ all, thanking everyone that has contributed on issue of validity of catholic marriage certificate, I will like to ask the people that have used their Nikkah marriage certificate to secure visa, aside from UK as anyone tried to use it to secure visa for US?......

Loolo

Olamide1 said:
@ ekundapsy, I have explained this earlier. I have a marriage certificate from the catholic church and it is the legal one. As long as the church is registered to conduct marriage legally you will be issued an authentic marriage certificate. As I said earlier this certificate is same as that given at the registry. Of course some churches issue their own marriage certificate which is not recognized by the law. Nikkai certificate is given after islamic marriage and it is recognised by the law.

nosike

Nov 14, 2013
Pilele01 said:
Babakura my man. Congratulations. My brothers all is going fine here with me. Receive health insurance card for my self and family this morning , receive my SIN card and driver license aswell. I don buy one van when I dey use push the family around aswell. Starting work on monday - lab technician, not bad for a start my brothers and sisters. 2013 is your years for PPR. Thanks for everything advice and otherwise.
Pilele01,
congrats for the speedy progress in settling down. Does working as a Lab technician need any certification? did study Med Lab Science? Thanks

tok

Nov 16, 2011
dear my ppl
I want to move by 1st quarter next year , is it saver to book the ticket thru wakanow.com please i need ur input.
cheers tok

TrustingGod

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-10-2013
Med's Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Passport Req..
19-07-2014
LANDED..........
19 N0v 2014
@ all.
I wish to congratulate all who have recorded one update or the other-they are too numerous t mention though I readily rem Pharm Alf,Gel003,Mandie etc.
Sorry I have been below the radar in a long while.The reason shall be known soon.

Pls @ Pilele,I have just read yr posts and will be delighted t contact you t hopefully help me untie a knot.Can't seem t figure out how t snd pm and I am pressed for time.Is it possible to email me -julecamamade@yahoo.com,pls.
Many thanks

dcrest

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2012
Doc's Request.
28-02-2012
AOR Received.
PER 23-03-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2014
loolo said:
@ all, thanking everyone that has contributed on issue of validity of catholic marriage certificate, I will like to ask the people that have used their Nikkah marriage certificate to secure visa, aside from UK as anyone tried to use it to secure visa for US?......
Hi Loolo,
My wife and kids applied for American visa. Our Nikkah certificate was used in the application and there were no issues.
Dcrest

Busy B

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st July, 2011
Doc's Request.
29th Nov, 2011
AOR Received.
24th Oct, 2011
IELTS Request
Included in the sent application
Med's Request
18th July, 2013
Med's Done....
02nd August, 2013
Interview........
Nothing like that
Passport Req..
08th October, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15th October, 2013
LANDED..........
12th December, 2013 to the Glory of GOD
arewaincalgary said:
Busy B said:
Not only tattoo, including tribal marks and incisions on any part of the body. Even if you once had CS and the mark is still visibly there a letter will be asked for from the hospital you had it.

Busy-Bee
[/quote

Good day my brother,do they check the whole body for incisions and tribal marks ;D
Yes they do, to those that don't have they will not notice its part of what they are looking for. It's when you have it/them they request you do liver test.

Busy-Bee

Busy B

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st July, 2011
Doc's Request.
29th Nov, 2011
AOR Received.
24th Oct, 2011
IELTS Request
Included in the sent application
Med's Request
18th July, 2013
Med's Done....
02nd August, 2013
Interview........
Nothing like that
Passport Req..
08th October, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15th October, 2013
LANDED..........
12th December, 2013 to the Glory of GOD
ekundapsy said:
Hello, all.....
I'm a complete novice in matters of marriage certificates and their authenticity......but I will like to draw your attention to the statement that dcrest made concerning notarization.....
I will beg to differ on your statement, dcrest..... Notarization does not assure authenticity. It just tells whoever is receiving it, that it is a CERTIFIED TRUE COPY of the original that was seen by the officer who notarized. There is no way in the world, that my university degree certificates could be said to be original just by being notarized. The receiving officer can only be sure if the notarized copies are forwarded to the awarding institution to be authenticated. They will then look into their records of awards, and also compare the notarized copy with their own baseline originals. If they are not satisfied, or if the copy is not clear, they will then request for the original copy, to check inbuilt securities.
Now, that said, I think the real issues here are "Does CIC accept marriage certificates from Catholic church?", "Has anyone been rejected because of marriage certificate?", "Does anyone know anyone who has?"
Everyone who submitted marriage certificates from churches or mosques should answer, pls.......
Before any religious organization certified to issue a marriage certificate could go ahead and do so, the couple's passport photograph would be displayed at the local government registry for at least 21 days before the marriage is conducted. I likewise submitted my church marriage certificate with my application and it was not queried.

Most embassies do send copies of marriage certificates to Ikoyi Registry (Marriage Certificate Governing Body) to assertain the originality of the certificates submitted to them, Ikoyi Registry gets back to them after going through their records to check those and those that are not suppose to conduct and issue certificate.

Busy-Bee

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
Olamide1 said:
Maybe our seniors can assist us on this issue, however I am not aware of anyone that was asked to give another proof of funds after adding a new family member. I humbly stand to be corrected.
yes we can throw more light on it.while waiting for my pr my wife gave birth to bouncing baby boy.lo and behold accra did not ask for proof of fund.i got my pr and fully settled now in canada with my family...please maintain required proof of fund because nobody know what this people can come up with....please be guided.

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Double portion said:
Bro Dada,
Howdy?
Double portion said:
Bro Dada,
Howdy?
I'm very fine dear? You and family? Wish you a blessed week ahead!

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
Pilele01 said:
Babakura my man. Congratulations. My brothers all is going fine here with me. Receive health insurance card for my self and family this morning , receive my SIN card and driver license aswell. I don buy one van when I dey use push the family around aswell. Starting work on monday - lab technician, not bad for a start my brothers and sisters. 2013 is your years for PPR. Thanks for everything advice and otherwise.
Congrats Pileleo1. Very good gist to hear - you have started well. Thank God things got in place quickly as you landed.....Wish you the best in your new career and home country Canada. Quite refreshen for most of us still back home in Naija. Take care and may God bless all your efforts IJNA.

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
@Shoga....I just replied your PM. Thanks.

tangowisky

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
31-01-2014
Interview........
Nothing like that ooo IJMN!!!
tok said:
dear my ppl
I want to move by 1st quarter next year , is it saver to book the ticket thru wakanow.com please i need ur input.
cheers tok
Dear Tok, wakanow has the advantage of comparing several airlines prices all at the same time. However l will suggest after comparing prices and you have decided on which airline to use, you then make your booking direct with such airline. Remember wakanow is a third party and hence, you should expect some charges for their services.
I hope this helps.
Tangowisky

yemosa

Nov 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA V/O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2011
IELTS Request
Ielts dispatched with document
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon
Pilele01 said:

Hello Pilele01,
Waoo bros you have done so well for yourself and family within a short time congratulation more grease to your elbow. Did you finally settled down in calgary or you went back to quebec?

yemosa