+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Interesting!

dcrest said:
Hi Loolo,
My wife and kids applied for American visa. Our Nikkah certificate was used in the application and there were no issues.
Dcrest
Loolo

ty

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Thank you for being committed to this forum and helping those of us coming behind. I just applied and my application is in process, hoping to land in 2014 but I have some questions to ask our seniors. Am planning to travel down with my mother so as to assist me with our son while we preoccupy ourselves with getting settled down and she may later come back with him till we're settled in. The issue is she was not includeded as an accompanying family member but I don't think she will have any problem getting the visa as she travels a lot though its been a while that she went to Canada. What do you think or alternatively, can we fill another form to include her in the application? If so, how do we go about that?
Pls I'l llike many people as much as possible to advice including females
Thanks

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
Great minds,
I just wanna wish us all a very blessed week, rolled with plenty positive updates IJMN! :-*

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Ty.... You cannot add your mother as a "dependant"... You can only invite/file for her when you arrive canada asa PR

ty said:
Thank you for being committed to this forum and helping those of us coming behind. I just applied and my application is in process, hoping to land in 2014 but I have some questions to ask our seniors. Am planning to travel down with my mother so as to assist me with our son while we preoccupy ourselves with getting settled down and she may later come back with him till we're settled in. The issue is she was not includeded as an accompanying family member but I don't think she will have any problem getting the visa as she travels a lot though its been a while that she went to Canada. What do you think or alternatively, can we fill another form to include her in the application? If so, how do we go about that?
Thanks

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14
ty said:
Thanks

Like omo naija said u can't add your mother as a dependant to your application.
Your option is for your mother to apply for tourist visa,she might get a mulitple entry since you said she s been to canada before but the application for tourist visa must be well calculated so that the visa will still be valid by the time you are landing....
After you have landed ,you can then apply for a supeR visa for your mum

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
To apply for Super visa... the sponsor is required to provide a tax assesment as a mandatory requirement amongst other documents.... that implies that you must have been working in canada for atleast a year and filed your tax assesment before you can invite your mum on a Super visa.

Tourist Visa is your best bet for now.

emmy_est said:
Your option is for your mother to apply for tourist visa,she might get a mulitple entry since you said she s been to canada before but the application for tourist visa must be well calculated so that the visa will still be valid by the time you are landing....

Hakpoguma

Mar 25, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
8/05/2014 (ie 8th May 2014)
dada-karma said:
Great minds,
I just wanna wish us all a very blessed week, rolled with plenty positive updates IJMN! :-*
Amen. Looking forward to same.

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
TrustinGod thank u so much. testimonies will not depart from ur household in Jesus Name, Amen.

Olamide1

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
22-02-2012
Med's Request
31-01-2014
Med's Done....
07-02-2014
Interview........
13-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2014
LANDED..........
very soon IJN
dada-karma said:
Great minds,
Amen

switchlanes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
IELTS
Nomination.....
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
IELTS Request
06-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
ecas - in process medical recieved 13-11-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2014
LANDED..........
5/06/2014
hello everyone, its nice been here, you cant be lost having a forum like this.... but a question has always been on my mind all this while,

Am expecting me and my spouse's PR any moment from now, but am not planning traveling with her, reason been that the person to accommodate me said he can only accommodate one of us, so the decision is that i go first and settle down ,few months after then she we come and join me, or am i going to travel back to nigeria and pick her before she come down to canada, i really dont know if that will be possible which canadian PR. Anybody Got this experience

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
switchlanes said:
hello everyone, its nice been here, you cant be lost having a forum like this.... but a question has always been on my mind all this while,

Am expecting me and my spouse's PR any moment from now, but am not planning traveling with her, reason been that the person to accommodate me said he can only accommodate one of us, so the decision is that i go first and settle down ,few months after then she we come and join me, or am i going to travel back to nigeria and pick her before she come down to canada, i really dont know if that will be possible which canadian PR. Anybody Got this experience
She can travel on her own to join you, I assume you are the principal applicant. The principal applicant can land first, and all dependants can join follow, no wahala!

ty

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Omo Naija said:
To apply for Super visa... the sponsor is required to provide a tax assesment as a mandatory requirement amongst other documents.... that implies that you must have been working in canada for atleast a year and filed your tax assesment before you can invite your mum on a Super visa.

emmy_est said:
Thank you so much, omonaija and emmy_est for your responses. I think I will start making enquiries for the tourist visa and the supervisa, to get more informed. But I want to know, why can't I add her as a dependant?

DyDx

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Naija
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/02/2010
Med's Request
06/06/2013
Med's Done....
15/06/2013
Passport Req..
30/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2013
LANDED..........
May 2014
Omo Naija said:

Hello everyone, trust God for more positive updates.
@ Omo Naija, the sponsor DO NOT necessarily have to be in Canada for at least a year. One of the required document as you mentioned, is ANY ONE (or a combination)of category (2) below

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR PARENT AND GRAND PARENTS SUPER VISAS:
1. A letter of invite from the sponsor (child or grand child)

2. ONE of the following documents to prove that your child or granchild meets the Low Income Cut-Off(LICO) minimum:
a. Most recent copy of Notice of Assessment (T451 tax form for yearly returns you mentioned)
b. Most recent copy of T4 or T1 (These are tax forms; T4 shows an employee's wages and payroll deductions for the year while T1 is income tax and benefits return)
c. Letter from employer stating title, job description and salary
d. Employment insurance benefit stub
e. If self-employed, letter from accountant confirming annual income.
f. Proof of other source of income (e.g pension statement, investment etc)

3. Proof of parental relationship to your child or grandchild (birth certificate, baptismal cert, or any otger official document that name you as parent or grandparent)

4. Proof of Medical Insurance coverage for one year with a Canadian Insurance Company (Min coverage of $100, 000).

In the case of our sister TY, go the temporary resident visa route as adviced. When you land in Canada and start working, your and hubby's income can then be used to meet the LICO (Please visit the immigration website for the link to LICO requirement, as I am unable to post here cos of the note book I used)
Please note that the LICO requirement must cover your family size (you, hubby, children and parents we're inviting)
Cheers
DyDx

DyDx

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Naija
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/02/2010
Med's Request
06/06/2013
Med's Done....
15/06/2013
Passport Req..
30/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2013
LANDED..........
May 2014
ANigerian said:
She can travel on her own to join you, I assume you are the principal applicant. The principal applicant can land first, and all dependants can join follow, no wahala!
ANigerian in on point, but note that wify MUST perform her landing before the expiration of the entry visa ( what you will get is a single entry immigrant visa), otherwise wahala start oooo. Meanwhile, since your visa is not yet issued, If in your shoes, I'll start planning for the landing process, like get inform for accommodation etc. Members here have helped one another to sort out that even before landing. I think you should consider your options well. Proper planning and guidance from landed seniors can help greatly so you can land with your family and start your new life in Canada together. Just a honest opinion though.
Cheers brother
DyDx

dada-karma

Apr 9, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
15-08-2013 (GCMS Notes)
DyDx said:
ANigerian in on point, but note that wify MUST perform her landing before the expiration of the entry visa ( what you will get is a single entry immigrant visa), otherwise wahala start oooo. Meanwhile, since your visa is not yet issued, If in your shoes, I'll start planning for the landing process, like get inform for accommodation etc. Members here have helped one another to sort out that even before landing. I think you should consider your options well. Proper planning and guidance from landed seniors can help greatly so you can land with your family and start your new life in Canada together. Just a honest opinion though.
Cheers brother
DyDx
This is really a great point! +1 for you DyDx! :)