+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Kayb

May 25, 2012
Canada
IELTS Request
Submit with application
@chinny09 sorry couldnt respond was quite busy. Well for credential assessment you have to wait till Kenney release d list but if u want to go ahead u can do ur assessment with d credential body in d province u'll be landing or WES which is a worldwide agency they might likely be on d list then when he release d list u then request for your transcript on their record to be assess for immigration. Wish u all d best
@all who got MR and update congrats

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
EMO said:
I think am outdated here. Congratulations.... looking forward for the PPR and the VISA..... our people are gradually closing their border o o o o so am looking to have all you here before the gbege will enter gear.....

Cheers
Hey, EMO!
Thanks so much. It happened just like that,and I give Godthe glory.
I hope you are settling in well
take care and cheers

questy

Apr 14, 2013
Jovic said:
@ Those that are coming to Calgary soon

Are you coming to Calgary soon? I need your help please, new driver's license I registered for was not out before I left Nigeria, they gave me temporary one and it has expired after 3 months, anyone coming to Calgary Shortly should please PM me then we can discuss how you can be of help.

Lesson.
Renew your driver's license before you come to Canada, bring your international driving license if you have one, living without having car here is not easy but not impossible. If one does not have personal means of transporting himself, it may be to his disadvantage in job hunting.
Jovic
Hi, please I'm new here.
Do you mean I could apply for the FSW without a job offer from a Canadian firm and without enrolling for a PhD programme in Canada?
I'm interested in the May, 2013 edition of the FSW and have started making arrangements to write the IELTS General Training test in Lagos.

dcrest

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2012
Doc's Request.
28-02-2012
AOR Received.
PER 23-03-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2014
KEMKE said:
Hi House

I do agree with Temi as I received my MR in the afternoon,Its just like a dream considering the issues I had with POF.I owe it to God entirely. Mandie yours is just by the corner as I remember we were asked for updates about the same time.Thanks to everyone n congrats Spooks.
Congrats Kemke. The glad tiding is getting closer by the day. Am very glad for these refreshing news.

priceless

Star Member
Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Aug 2010
Doc's Request.
1-12-2011
IELTS Request
21-02-2012,IELTS result sent :26-03-2012-result(7.5)
Med's Request
22-06- 2012
Med's Done....
14-07- 2012
Passport Req..
22-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
GBAM GBAM GBAM, The Eagle has landed ;D ;D ;D

We got to MMA at about 4.30pm FRIDAY 12th April 2013 with 7 lugagges and like 4 hand luggages(na only myself and hubby oh, we purchased 3 extra bags online).On getting to the airport, we weighed our luggages and they were all overweight so we had to start sorting out each box at the airport which was very tiring...we eventually had to prt with 40k for the extra luggage carried and i had to part with my dried tatashe and beans :( :(.I wonder how previous landed snrs managed the 23kg/bag rule.We had 7bags of 23kg each and this was still grossly insufficient for all our load..We were really stressed at the airport sha....

Naija Customs didn't bother us at all and i didnt declare any amount of money and no one asked anything concerning money at MMA except the occassional "help find something for the weekend request''.

As we embarked on boarding, a klm ground staff called our attention that they damaged one of our box when they tried loading unto the aircraft and that they needed our presence and consent to seal the bag before loading on the plane. :eek: :eek:My hubby was so furious with them :mad: :mad:.We asked for compensation and we were told to make the claim in calgary na so we sha enter plane oh.

Our KLM flight took off at about 9.40pm ,the food on board was not all that fantastic when compared with that of emirate and qatar. We landed schipol 6hrs 50minutes later.Our transit in amsterdam was 7hrs.Men we were tired ohhhh with the several bags(lesson- pls try to ensure your carry minimal hand luggage when travelling).During the transit we met another Naija Family of 5 and we jisted and explained our ordeal at the airport to them.They sympathized with us and said that they would have assisted us with the extra lugage as they didnt utilize all their luggage capacity as they had previosly sent most of their things through cargo(Lesson-If you have more than the stipulated kg/bag just cargo it provided you have a forwarding address we paid $160/bag for 3 bags plus the extra 40,000Naira paid at the airpot we would have saved 80,000Naira if we had gone through the cargo way :( :().) They eventually assisted us with our numerous hand luggage ;D.

Anyway we started the second leg of our journey to calgary and this was the longest flight i have ever been on...9hrs ;D ;Dwe stretch tire for the seats and the seats weren't too comfy...

We landed Calgary airport 2.02pm canadian time.We were ushered to the first immigration point were our declaration form was looked at and the officer detached the form and collected her copy, then we proceeded to the second immigration point were we were asked for our landing addy and asked to sighn initials and signature on the COPR form.Upon signing, the lady detached the form and gave us a duplicate copy and told us that the form is the most important document we would have and that when we are 65yrs of age, we would use the form in getting our pension.Then she said Welcome to Canada.

We then later proceeded to custom and we already had a prefilled goods to follow list and pictures of jewelry, the lady at the custom office was impressed and said we were very organized.So if you have any goods coming at a later date pls do fill your forms in Naija to avoid unnecessary time wastage and you dont loose anything if you state you have goods to follow even if in actual sense you dont as you might need something to be sent from Naija and this would be taxed if not properly declared.

We proceeded to pick our baggages and lodge a complaint on the damaged bag.This was done and klm is to provide us with a new suitcase ;D ;D.Also i noticed that at calgary airpot trolleys are free so you dont need to have coins for this.Guess this is one of the perks of landing in an oil reach province. ;D ;D

The lady at customs asked if we have cassava tubers, beef products,pork products, wood etc.I told are we have wooded frames and she said that was okay and that the main reason she asked was that two days ago another imigrant brought a wooden product that had bee in it and that she was screaming all over the place and that if we get home and discover any insect we should just put the wood in the fridge so that the insect get killed.So i laughed and told her that this was properly checked before we packed.

She never bothered to check any of our lugages. ;DAlso no one asked for our Proof of fund not even a mention....though we had the necessary landing amount.

Total amount of time to sort out every thing at the airport was about 30 - 45minutes and there were several new immigrant landing.

we left the airport and met our relatives that were excited to see us, loaded their vehicle with our luggage and off we drove to lethbridge.

Lethbrdge is about 2hrs 45min from calgary and there are about 6-8towns before lethbridge.Canada big no be small ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....It wasnt snowing yesterday though cold for a newly landed Naija. :D :D.

Today we woke up alas there is snow every where. ;) ;)We went out fully kitted to see what it would feel like walking in the snow and na my face suffer am oh as the snow flakes kept falling on my face especially my eyes...and i had a heard warmer on :p :pso i would need to purchase one that would protect my eyes....the snow no easy ohhh....

We plan going out tommorow to sort out SIN, Alberta health, bank and get a mobile phone contract free(i no wan begin dey enter gbese with all this their contract lines mbok ;D ;D).Plus i downloaded Fongo on my ipad as i read somewhere on this forum and i have a canadian line with free calls and to most places in canada.I just need a mobile line so recruiters can reach me when am not home plus i need to start building on already pre established networks ;) ;)

Would keep everyone updated as the story unfolds.

babakura

Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
02-01-13
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
ecas Med received: 19th March 2013
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
20 Nov 2013
@priceless

Hope you having fun ... Did you enjoy the flat land ahead of you on way to lethbridge and the breathtaking scenery just 10mins into lethbridge ..
The land of alberta will favour and prosper you

You are welcome to Canada ;D ;D

cynmax

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-10
Priceless congrats om your successful lamding

questy

Apr 14, 2013
Guys, good morning (Naija time).
A few questions for the house:
1. For the notarized documents, can I use photocopies of the originals with stamps from a court?
2. Do I need to have a job offer or PhD admission in Canada to be eligible to apply for this new FSW visa?
3. I'm a single fella and I have read somewhere on the cic website that the minimum funding for 1 person is about CAD$12,000. Would this sum be checked at the airport (y'all know what I'm driving at) if I got the visa eventually?
4. I have checked the numerous test venues in Nigeria and they're all full for the month of April, for the general training IELTS test and the earliest in May is the 16th of May. Is there a deadline for submitting an application for the FSW visa?

Thanks in advance guys. So much info on this thread.

babymart

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30 May 2013
Congrats Priceless on your successful landing!May Canada favour you and yours!!

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
priceless said:
GBAM GBAM GBAM, The Eagle has landed ;D ;D ;D

We got to MMA at about 4.30pm FRIDAY 12th April 2013 with 7 lugagges and like 4 hand luggages(na only myself and hubby oh, we purchased 3 extra bags online).On getting to the airport, we weighed our luggages and they were all overweight so we had to start sorting out each box at the airport which was very tiring...we eventually had to prt with 40k for the extra luggage carried and i had to part with my dried tatashe and beans :( :(.I wonder how previous landed snrs managed the 23kg/bag rule.We had 7bags of 23kg each and this was still grossly insufficient for all our load..We were really stressed at the airport sha....

Naija Customs didn't bother us at all and i didnt declare any amount of money and no one asked anything concerning money at MMA except the occassional "help find something for the weekend request''.

As we embarked on boarding, a klm ground staff called our attention that they damaged one of our box when they tried loading unto the aircraft and that they needed our presence and consent to seal the bag before loading on the plane. :eek: :eek:My hubby was so furious with them :mad: :mad:.We asked for compensation and we were told to make the claim in calgary na so we sha enter plane oh.

Our KLM flight took off at about 9.40pm ,the food on board was not all that fantastic when compared with that of emirate and qatar. We landed schipol 6hrs 50minutes later.Our transit in amsterdam was 7hrs.Men we were tired ohhhh with the several bags(lesson- pls try to ensure your carry minimal hand luggage when travelling).During the transit we met another Naija Family of 5 and we jisted and explained our ordeal at the airport to them.They sympathized with us and said that they would have assisted us with the extra lugage as they didnt utilize all their luggage capacity as they had previosly sent most of their things through cargo(Lesson-If you have more than the stipulated kg/bag just cargo it provided you have a forwarding address we paid $160/bag for 3 bags plus the extra 40,000Naira paid at the airpot we would have saved 80,000Naira if we had gone through the cargo way :( :().) They eventually assisted us with our numerous hand luggage ;D.

Anyway we started the second leg of our journey to calgary and this was the longest flight i have ever been on...9hrs ;D ;Dwe stretch tire for the seats and the seats weren't too comfy...

We landed Calgary airport 2.02pm canadian time.We were ushered to the first immigration point were our declaration form was looked at and the officer detached the form and collected her copy, then we proceeded to the second immigration point were we were asked for our landing addy and asked to sighn initials and signature on the COPR form.Upon signing, the lady detached the form and gave us a duplicate copy and told us that the form is the most important document we would have and that when we are 65yrs of age, we would use the form in getting our pension.Then she said Welcome to Canada.

We then later proceeded to custom and we already had a prefilled goods to follow list and pictures of jewelry, the lady at the custom office was impressed and said we were very organized.So if you have any goods coming at a later date pls do fill your forms in Naija to avoid unnecessary time wastage and you dont loose anything if you state you have goods to follow even if in actual sense you dont as you might need something to be sent from Naija and this would be taxed if not properly declared.

We proceeded to pick our baggages and lodge a complaint on the damaged bag.This was done and klm is to provide us with a new suitcase ;D ;D.Also i noticed that at calgary airpot trolleys are free so you dont need to have coins for this.Guess this is one of the perks of landing in an oil reach province. ;D ;D

The lady at customs asked if we have cassava tubers, beef products,pork products, wood etc.I told are we have wooded frames and she said that was okay and that the main reason she asked was that two days ago another imigrant brought a wooden product that had bee in it and that she was screaming all over the place and that if we get home and discover any insect we should just put the wood in the fridge so that the insect get killed.So i laughed and told her that this was properly checked before we packed.

She never bothered to check any of our lugages. ;DAlso no one asked for our Proof of fund not even a mention....though we had the necessary landing amount.

Total amount of time to sort out every thing at the airport was about 30 - 45minutes and there were several new immigrant landing.

we left the airport and met our relatives that were excited to see us, loaded their vehicle with our luggage and off we drove to lethbridge.

Lethbrdge is about 2hrs 45min from calgary and there are about 6-8towns before lethbridge.Canada big no be small ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....It wasnt snowing yesterday though cold for a newly landed Naija. :D :D.

Today we woke up alas there is snow every where. ;) ;)We went out fully kitted to see what it would feel like walking in the snow and na my face suffer am oh as the snow flakes kept falling on my face especially my eyes...and i had a heard warmer on :p :pso i would need to purchase one that would protect my eyes....the snow no easy ohhh....

We plan going out tommorow to sort out SIN, Alberta health, bank and get a mobile phone contract free(i no wan begin dey enter gbese with all this their contract lines mbok ;D ;D).Plus i downloaded Fongo on my ipad as i read somewhere on this forum and i have a canadian line with free calls and to most places in canada.I just need a mobile line so recruiters can reach me when am not home plus i need to start building on already pre established networks ;) ;)

Would keep everyone updated as the story unfolds.
Congrat Priceless. It is well with you and hubby in this new homeland of Canada. ;D

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
@ Kemke, congratulations for your MR am happy for you.
@ priceless, congrats for your safe landing. I can see God's favour with you and family. What about your kids, you did not land with them?

B-jay

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
File Transfer...
PER: 02-03-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013(M Received on 9-12-2013)
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
@ Priceless congrats!.....so so happy for u. i wish u well in ur/our(?) new land.
@Kemke,congrats on ur MR.cheers!

GLORIOUS FAVOUR

Mar 19, 2013
@ babakura, do we have to wait till our ecas goes into in-process before ppr? What is the the process flow? My ecas was updated to medical received on March 26, what is next? This is month of testimonies. This is our week of blessings. Rain of ppr and Mr in jesus name. Amen.

GOD BLESS US ALL. :D

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
GLORIOUS FAVOUR said:
@ babakura, do we have to wait till our ecas goes into in-process before ppr? What is the the process flow? My ecas was updated to medical received on March 26, what is next? This is month of testimonies. This is our week of blessings. Rain of ppr and Mr in jesus name. Amen.

GOD BLESS US ALL. :D
Usually, Medical Received precedes PPR... you are on course....BTW, are you PNP or FSW1 (what)?

*Mandie*