+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

BeeYo

Aug 15, 2012
Hi all,
Please can anyone tell me how to get health insurance here in Nigeria. Because those of us landing in Ontario will not be entitled to health insurance till after three months. Thanks

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
@Dmaks: Hey Buddie am on Vacation , ll be resuming tmorw,am sure I wld fully swing into action starting from tmorw, so I haven't booked my appointment Yet, bur ll do dat before the end of the week. I feel you to bits My brother...:) toyeeen.

Busy-Bee

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish every body happy new day, happy new week, happy new month, happy new updates in Jesus Name, Amen.

H A P P Y I N D E P E N D E N C E OUR BELOVED COUNTRY N I G E R I A!!! Monkey no fine hin mama like am.

@ Dmaks, congratulations.

@ Smalie, pls when is ur scheduled interview in Accra so that I will join u in prayers, although its a concluded arrangement from ABOVE.

Busy-Bee

shaddy

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2010
Doc's Request.
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
21-09-2010
IELTS Request
19-01-2012
Med's Request
22-06-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
Dmaks and toyen
pls dont delay your application you can go to asaju medical centre for your medical.though the fees is #28k for adult and #22k for children below eleven years of age and #20k for toddler.
as per canadian dollar gtb oyin jolayemi branch but you must have dom acct with them,if not you may talk to forum member for assistance.pls do everything this week,so as to get your visa before the year run out.Good luck

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
Hmmmn what a bundle of good news here... CONGRATS to nolzi, ladomani for safe and successful landing, tanx for sharing ur landing experience with us. CONGRATS to smiling face on receipt of PPR and CONGRATS to Toyeen and Dmarks on the receipt of MR..

We give God all the Glory.

ladomani

Sep 30, 2012
Duke4real said:
Hi Senior guys,

Please am just new in the site. How does it work or how can I start my application?

Yours truly,

Duke
Hello Duke,

I know it is easy for your question to be forgotten in the haze of mails going back and forth - I felt the same frustration until i decided to take my fate into my own hands in 2009(i started thsi process actually when it was very easy in the early 2000s but thot Nigeria will improve and stopped it then. So my first advice to you is to study the CIC site very well by yourself. Pls study it and keep a dossier or file for all information there for your reference. I can assure you by the time the process is over you will have so much to file and how well your application proceeds depends on how good your filing and information storage is. If you have your own laptop keep a simple folder called "MAPLE LEAF" and file ALL info in soft copy into that folder by dates.

That said kindly study the CIC and maybe use this too wwwdotfacebookdotcom/pages/Canadian-Immigration-Step-by-Step-Guide-Nigerian-Applicants/100683263329113?v=info

I wish you all the best and pls consult with guys here as well. a problem shared is a problem solved.

Rgds Ladomani

ladomani

Sep 30, 2012
BeeYo said:
Hi all,
Please can anyone tell me how to get health insurance here in Nigeria. Because those of us landing in Ontario will not be entitled to health insurance till after three months. Thanks
Hello Bee-Yo please call on your nearest (in no order of importance ):

Zenith Bank
GTB
Mansard Insurance

Good luck

Regards

Ladomani

ladomani

Sep 30, 2012
shaddy said:
Dmaks and toyen
pls dont delay your application you can go to asaju medical centre for your medical.though the fees is #28k for adult and #22k for children below eleven years of age and #20k for toddler.
as per canadian dollar gtb oyin jolayemi branch but you must have dom acct with them,if not you may talk to forum member for assistance.pls do everything this week,so as to get your visa before the year run out.Good luck
I agree completely! Dont delay, any delays from you will ultimately affect your final visa dates- ask me I know! i was supposed to obtain my visas in January 2012 , almost as if God wanted me to understand the importance of doing things at the right time . I missed out my baby's info update to the guys in Accra - I paid for that error by waiting additional 8 months!

I thank God that he did not let me pay the ultimate price of not receiving the visas! Asaju is excellent , i think the other option is one hospital in Yaba . Go with Asaju they were excellent in ensuring my stuff got to Accra in time (even though you pay for it).

God speed!

regards,

Ladomani

ladomani

Sep 30, 2012
tinuadeadebola said:
@ Nolzi I say a big congratulations may the land favour you. I like your choice of Ottawa at least the thread is spreading and we are possessing Canda from all fonts!!!. Thanks for all the advise we will note them for use when the time comes.

@ lado mani welcome to the thread and thanks for sharing and thanks in advance for the one you promised to share later lol. Considering that some of our own have landed without sharing, we specially appreciate you a newcomer to the thread sharing your experience and we trust God to favour you in Canada.

@ all happy independence to us all. We pray our nation will truly experience freedom from all forms of calamities and vices and that this Nation would arise and take it's place, that God will torch the heart and soul of our leaders and make them govern well while punishing those who vow to make our country unbearable!!!

Hello All,
I thank you all for the warm reception here. I believe strongly that God will help each and every one of us to conclude this Immigration Project.

That said , @Tinuadebola , I agree with you some might not have updated the forum after they received the visas and landed , let’s not blame them or vilify them they will have their reasons. Life is like that: but I have learnt one thing from the Asians: Chinese, Indians etc and Americans with all due respect – they ALWAYS look out for each other! That is what we must do here in the Naija forum to liberate all of us and I daresay even our country Nigeria! Look at the Americans if there is a an American stuck in a difficult place, they don’t mind to spend their entire budget to rescue that person – it’s simply because they value life and look out for each other – do you know how many Nigerians perished in the Arab spring in Tunisia, Libya and Egypt?

As a human being I might eventually too be caught up with the rat race of surviving here in Canada, raising my kids etc and not update the forum but my heart will always be here and praying for others still in the process of getting their visas.

So till that situation arises / or not, I will send in my updates as I have them – maybe it will help somebody out there

I wish all of us the best of our futures!

Rgds,
Ladomani

Dmaks

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-12
Doc's Request.
03-05-12
AOR Received.
22-03-12
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
01-10-12
Med's Done....
05-10-12
Passport Req..
12-12-12
shaddy said:
Dmaks and toyen

Thanks Shaddy

Will contact both clinic and bank today.

Thanks again everyone.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Duke4real said:
Hi Senior guys,

Please am just new in the site. How does it work or how can I start my application?

Yours truly,

Duke
Duke4real, checks out these links. I hope you will find them useful. I will also send you a PM. Good luck

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-08-18/html/reg2-eng.html
www.cic.gc.ca

Kanadamine

Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
Doc's Request.
06-06-2010
File Transfer...
06-06-2010
Hello my people. I have been a follower of this Forum, I checked my Status on CIC site n saw this. Pls is there anyone with same timeline that have gotten his/her MR? I am apprehensively awaiting my MR.

We received your application for permanent residence on December 14, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 10, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Accra office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Accra office on February 18, 2010. The Accra office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on June 19, 2012.

kbert

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
SOON
Nomination.....
BY HIS GRACE
AOR Received.
BY HIS GRACE
File Transfer...
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Request
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Done....
BY HIS GRACE
Interview........
OVER COME
Passport Req..
VERY SOON
VISA ISSUED...
BY HIS GRACE
LANDED..........
BY HIS GRACE
The Federal Skilled Worker Class

Current Status: Only accepting applications with arranged employment in Canada or PhD students in Canada; new regulations are scheduled to come into force January 2013

Approximate Processing Time: Unknown (last FSWC advertised processing within 12 months)

Visa Received: Canadian Permanent Resident Visa

General Information:

Selection System
Points-based. Must receive a minimum of 67 out of 100 points
Intake Quota?
Maybe. No announcement has yet been made regarding a limit on application intake. However, the previous FSWC was capped at 10,000 applications.
Eligibility?
Yes; applicants must have a minimum of 1 year of skilled work experience in the preceding 10 years.
Language Requirements?
Yes. Applicants must pass a minimum language threshold in either English or French.
Process?
Direct application to a Central Intake Office in Canada.

This may be a good program for you if:

You want to become a Canadian Permanent Resident
You intend to initially settle anywhere in Canada outside of the Province of Quebec
You want to prepare your application before the new regulations take effect
You are a skilled worker whose field of study is not included in the QSW list

Attorney David Cohen’s Opinion: “Recent changes were made to many aspects of the FSWC. This means that immigrants who are accepted through this program will come to Canada better prepared to find good jobs and start a new life in the country. There is likely to be a cap on application intake, so if you are eligible to apply, it is a good idea to start building your application now and submit when the program opens.”

Regardless of which they choose, successful applicants to the FSWC and QSW programs will arrive in Canada with Permanent Resident status. The path they travel to get to Canada should be chosen with care to reflect the best interests of themselves and their families.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Kanadamine said:
Hello my people. I have been a follower of this Forum, I checked my Status on CIC site n saw this. Pls is there anyone with same timeline that have gotten his/her MR? I am apprehensively awaiting my MR.

We received your application for permanent residence on December 14, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 10, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Accra office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Accra office on February 18, 2010. The Accra office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on June 19, 2012.
kanadamine, You are on your way to receiving your Medical. Just relax

Kanadamine

Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
Doc's Request.
06-06-2010
File Transfer...
06-06-2010
Ikemba said:
kanadamine, You are on your way to receiving your Medical. Just relax
@Ikemba,
Amen i claim it in Jesus Name. Just that this waiting can be something else. Thanks So much.