+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Jovic

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2010
Doc's Request.
12-05-2010
Med's Request
26-04-2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Passport Req..
27-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
Dmaks said:
Thank you all for the encouragement.

I will like to join the prophets in the house and declare that the floodgates of MR are opened in Jesus name.
May we all rejoice in this month of DOMINION.

I applied under the PNP program and below is my timeline as requested:

Submitted PNP application (to the Province) - 20/12/2011
Received PNP AOR - 21/12/2011
Canadian Sponsor interviewed - 10/02/2012
My phone interview - 10/02/2012
PNP LOA issued - 14/02/2012
PNP LOA received - 17/02/2012
PR application sent to CIO - 22/02/2012
CIO AOR rceived - 22/03/2012
Received additional docs request from Accra - 03/05/2012
Submitted additional docs - 04/05/2012
MR received - 01/10/2012
@
Dmaks
Cnograts on your MR, God will see you through.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
nolzi said:
Hello my people,

It's been a while. Sorry I have been busy packing up, landing and settling down in Gods own country :D
To the glory of the almighty God, my family and I landed in Canada about 2 weeks ago and I can tell u that its been a wonderful experience.

For the sake of those coming along, I will attempt to give details of the process we went through

we purchased our ticket through IOM at a price of 927,000 for a family of 5, no toddler. That in itself was a testimony. when we approached them to buy tickets, we were told that it takes a minimum of 3-4 weeks to get tickets and getting it in 1 week was impossible. But to the glory of God, we were able to get our tickets in less than 8 days, alleluyah! when people tell u it cannot be done, tell them ur as long as your God is on the throne, nothing is impossible. Thats what my husband told them and thats what happened. We had to move because we were pressed for time since schools had already started.

It was a rollercoaster period, packing up and settling all unsettled matters.

We finally headed for canada through lufthanza and landed in canada. A word of caution for those with children here. it is a very long journey o, the longest i have ever taken by air, so be prepared for it and prepare the children as well.

At the landing port, everything went smoothly. based on the advice of elders here, i did not carry anything meat or chicken, so I had nothing of sort to declare. The officers were very friendly. It took us about 2 hours to clear with the immigration officers. the custom officers did not check our luggage (and i started wishing i had carried my Knorr chicken cubes) :D. they simply welcomed us to canada, joked a little, checked what we had to declare and wished us well.

Canada is really God's own country my people. its a beautiful country and i do not regret moving here at all. Everything here is by appointment o!, so note that. We had to wait over a week to get the children into school because there was no space for appointment at the family welcome centre in the week we arrived. so if u can, book the appointment before you arrive or immediately u arrive.
Apart from this, every other thing has gone smoothly. God's favor has been with us all through. Canadians are very friendly and lovely people, very willing to offer assistance. You will definitely not regret the move.
I am in Ottawa, its a peaceful community.
For the drivers, you will need to get a letter from road safety authenticating your drivers licence. the letter will have a scanned copy of your original drivers licence. if you have a minimum of 2 years on your licence, u can be given the higherst level of the driving licence after passing the written and road test. if not, you will have to go through the 1 year mandatory waiting period with a lower level licence which has a lot of restrictions, so be sure to come over with that letter. I hear it takes the Nigerian embassy here over 3 months to issue sone here. we were able to get it in 3 days (we went to Abuja). In the meantinme, note that you are allowed to drive with your current Nigerian licence for 60days. Its a pleasure driving in Canada. Na here traffic and road signs dey work ;D
Like everyone has said, if you are planning to land in ontario, it would be best to buy health insurance, especially if you have children. for a family of 4 it cost us 433CAD. make sure you buy it from Nigeria before you land so that the cover will start from the point of landing, if not it will have a lag time of 4 days before it takes effect. we bought from blue cross.
the weather is getting quite cold now (2degrees on some days) so be prepared for the cold if you are planning to arrive soon.

Bye and large, this has been our experience. If i find any other thing worth reporting i sure will.

My regards to all in the house. I wish you all the best.
Congratulations nolzi and family for your successful landing. Wishing you and all yours well in the new Land of Ottawa.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
@ Ladomani, Congratulations on your successful landing. May God Almighty favour your family in the new Land.

DonBaker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
23-01-2010
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
11-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2012
LANDED..........
ladomani said:
Hello All,
I thank you all for the warm reception here. I believe strongly that God will help each and every one of us to conclude this Immigration Project.

That said , @ Tinuadebola , I agree with you some might not have updated the forum after they received the visas and landed , let's not blame them or vilify them they will have their reasons. Life is like that: but I have learnt one thing from the Asians: Chinese, Indians etc and Americans with all due respect – they ALWAYS look out for each other! That is what we must do here in the Naija forum to liberate all of us and I daresay even our country Nigeria! Look at the Americans if there is a an American stuck in a difficult place, they don't mind to spend their entire budget to rescue that person – it's simply because they value life and look out for each other – do you know how many Nigerians perished in the Arab spring in Tunisia, Libya and Egypt?

As a human being I might eventually too be caught up with the rat race of surviving here in Canada, raising my kids etc and not update the forum but my heart will always be here and praying for others still in the process of getting their visas.

So till that situation arises / or not, I will send in my updates as I have them – maybe it will help somebody out there

I wish all of us the best of our futures!

Rgds,
Ladomani
Brother thanks a lot. This is the kind of Spirit we all need to make the difference.

Thank you very much once again.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
EMO said:
No be my own o. Its for our friend smilling face, iomokorede's client. I recall she was holding brief for him/her few weeks back.

I have asked him to break the news here. So I decided to do it for him

Cheers
Congrats Smiling face on your MR.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
Dmaks said:
COME AND JOIN ME SING HALLELUIAH.....JEHOVAH JIREH HAS DONE WELL

And as my Father in the Lord will always say: "LET SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUIAH
It's with Independence Joy I announce to this great house, that I received my MR this afternoon.

Date:
October 1, 2012

Dear xxxx

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination for yourself, and all family members. Find the relevant forms and documents attached to this email.
Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee for yourself and Spouse/Common-law partner.
Please note
:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Canadian High Commission for Ghana in Accra at the address indicated below.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards,
Immigration Section (FBA) | Service d'Immigration

Canadian High Commision | Haut-commisariat du CanadaPO Box 1639 | Case Postale 163942 Independence Avenue | 42, av. Indépendance
Accra, Ghana
+233 0302 211521
Congratulations Dmaks on your MR. Wishing you success in the rest of the Project. Are you MI 1 or 2?

DonBaker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
23-01-2010
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
11-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2012
LANDED..........
Dmaks said:
COME AND JOIN ME SING HALLELUIAH.....JEHOVAH JIREH HAS DONE WELL

And as my Father in the Lord will always say: "LET SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUIAH
It's with Independence Joy I announce to this great house, that I received my MR this afternoon.

Date:
October 1, 2012

Dear xxxx

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination for yourself, and all family members. Find the relevant forms and documents attached to this email.
Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee for yourself and Spouse/Common-law partner.
Please note
:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Canadian High Commission for Ghana in Accra at the address indicated below.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards,
Immigration Section (FBA) | Service d'Immigration

Canadian High Commision | Haut-commisariat du CanadaPO Box 1639 | Case Postale 163942 Independence Avenue | 42, av. Indépendance
Accra, Ghana
+233 0302 211521
Congrats on your MR. It is already raining.

Dmaks

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-12
Doc's Request.
03-05-12
AOR Received.
22-03-12
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
01-10-12
Med's Done....
05-10-12
Passport Req..
12-12-12
Jovic said:
@
Dmaks
Cnograts on your MR, God will see you through.

Thanks Jovic and amen.

Can anyone please confirm that it's ok to pay the RPRF with a US dollars (USD) bank draft.
The link I received with the MR stated payment by draft can be in USD, CAD or Ghanian Cedis

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
Akerekoro said:
Congrats Smiling face on your MR.

Happy independence to evey forumites and congratulations to the latest people that have gotten their MR. May your good luck of MR rub on us that are still expecting. Amenoooooooooo ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TrustingGod

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-10-2013
Med's Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Passport Req..
19-07-2014
LANDED..........
19 N0v 2014
@D'mak,accept my cngratulations.Please I had earlier asked for information on this forum on how ones can get nominated to a province even though one lives in Naija.My special focus is Alberta.I believe u are ina vantage position to enlighten me.Thanks
@Kanadamine,I envy u o.Just chill.U are on course

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
Dmaks said:
Thanks Jovic and amen.

Can anyone please confirm that it's ok to pay the RPRF with a US dollars (USD) bank draft.
The link I received with the MR stated payment by draft can be in USD, CAD or Ghanian Cedis
Hello Dmaks..with rgds to your question, kindly make your payment in Canadian dollars, ensure your draft is in Canadian dollars, basically because of Exchange rate fluctuation, if at the time the draft is being encashed and the US dollars falls against the Canadian dollars , you may have issues with your application, bur of course if its higher or at Par with same, then that may just be to their advantage and Urs too.

Anywaz this is my stake ;).

Rgds .... toyeeen.

toyeeen

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/04/2012
Nomination.....
28/04/2012
AOR Received.
FROM CIO ... 24/07/2012
Med's Request
27/09/2012
Med's Done....
11/10/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2012
LANDED..........
12/07/2013
ladomani said:
I agree completely! Dont delay, any delays from you will ultimately affect your final visa dates- ask me I know! i was supposed to obtain my visas in January 2012 , almost as if God wanted me to understand the importance of doing things at the right time . I missed out my baby's info update to the guys in Accra - I paid for that error by waiting additional 8 months!

I thank God that he did not let me pay the ultimate price of not receiving the visas! Asaju is excellent , i think the other option is one hospital in Yaba . Go with Asaju they were excellent in ensuring my stuff got to Accra in time (even though you pay for it).

God speed!

regards,

@ ladomani... Thanks dearie, I have fully swung into action, God helping me, Amen.

Cheers, toyeeen.

Ladomani

Kanadamine

Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
Doc's Request.
06-06-2010
File Transfer...
06-06-2010
TrustingGod said:
@ D'mak,accept my cngratulations.Please I had earlier asked for information on this forum on how ones can get nominated to a province even though one lives in Naija.My special focus is Alberta.I believe u are ina vantage position to enlighten me.Thanks
@ Kanadamine,I envy u o.Just chill.U are on course
My Brother I am really Trusting In GOD o.

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
Dmaks said:
Thanks Jovic and amen.

@ Dmaks,

Congratulations on your MR.

As per your question, YES you can pay in USD, I paid using a USD draft and there was no problem. But don't do conversion, you pay 490 USD for each person expected to pay the RPRF. The amount to be paid in all currency (CAD, USD or Cedis) as stated on the site is also stated on the site.

To be sure we are on the same page here is the link from CHC Accra on Fees and Payments: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d. Just read through to Fees Schedule, then to:"Immigrant Services".

Best wishes.