+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Geelado

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010.
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2010
Med's Request
May 28, 2012
Med's Done....
June 14, 2012
Passport Req..
November 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2012
LANDED..........
April 2013
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE TO US ALL AND OUR GREAT NATION

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE.

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
HAPPY 52ND BIRTHDAY NIGERIANS
WISHING YOU A QUICK RECOVERY

NIGERIA, PLEASE GET WELL

WITH LOVE FROM CALGARY, AB CANADA

DonBaker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
23-01-2010
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
11-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2012
LANDED..........
nolzi said:
Hello my people,

It's been a while. Sorry I have been busy packing up, landing and settling down in Gods own country :D
To the glory of the almighty God, my family and I landed in Canada about 2 weeks ago and I can tell u that its been a wonderful experience.

For the sake of those coming along, I will attempt to give details of the process we went through

we purchased our ticket through IOM at a price of 927,000 for a family of 5, no toddler. That in itself was a testimony. when we approached them to buy tickets, we were told that it takes a minimum of 3-4 weeks to get tickets and getting it in 1 week was impossible. But to the glory of God, we were able to get our tickets in less than 8 days, alleluyah! when people tell u it cannot be done, tell them ur as long as your God is on the throne, nothing is impossible. Thats what my husband told them and thats what happened. We had to move because we were pressed for time since schools had already started.

It was a rollercoaster period, packing up and settling all unsettled matters.

We finally headed for canada through lufthanza and landed in canada. A word of caution for those with children here. it is a very long journey o, the longest i have ever taken by air, so be prepared for it and prepare the children as well.

At the landing port, everything went smoothly. based on the advice of elders here, i did not carry anything meat or chicken, so I had nothing of sort to declare. The officers were very friendly. It took us about 2 hours to clear with the immigration officers. the custom officers did not check our luggage (and i started wishing i had carried my Knorr chicken cubes) :D. they simply welcomed us to canada, joked a little, checked what we had to declare and wished us well.

Canada is really God's own country my people. its a beautiful country and i do not regret moving here at all. Everything here is by appointment o!, so note that. We had to wait over a week to get the children into school because there was no space for appointment at the family welcome centre in the week we arrived. so if u can, book the appointment before you arrive or immediately u arrive.
Apart from this, every other thing has gone smoothly. God's favor has been with us all through. Canadians are very friendly and lovely people, very willing to offer assistance. You will definitely not regret the move.
I am in Ottawa, its a peaceful community.
For the drivers, you will need to get a letter from road safety authenticating your drivers licence. the letter will have a scanned copy of your original drivers licence. if you have a minimum of 2 years on your licence, u can be given the higherst level of the driving licence after passing the written and road test. if not, you will have to go through the 1 year mandatory waiting period with a lower level licence which has a lot of restrictions, so be sure to come over with that letter. I hear it takes the Nigerian embassy here over 3 months to issue sone here. we were able to get it in 3 days (we went to Abuja). In the meantinme, note that you are allowed to drive with your current Nigerian licence for 60days. Its a pleasure driving in Canada. Na here traffic and road signs dey work ;D
Like everyone has said, if you are planning to land in ontario, it would be best to buy health insurance, especially if you have children. for a family of 4 it cost us 433CAD. make sure you buy it from Nigeria before you land so that the cover will start from the point of landing, if not it will have a lag time of 4 days before it takes effect. we bought from blue cross.
the weather is getting quite cold now (2degrees on some days) so be prepared for the cold if you are planning to arrive soon.

Bye and large, this has been our experience. If i find any other thing worth reporting i sure will.

My regards to all in the house. I wish you all the best.
Congrats Nolzi on the successful landing of your family in Canada. May God be with you and prosper your endevours.

DonBaker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
File Transfer...
23-01-2010
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
11-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2012
LANDED..........
ladomani said:
Hello All,

I am new here.

I and my family landed in Calgary on the 27th September .It was a 9 hour flight from terminal 5 airport London Heathrow and i must say it is a journey you have to prepare your kids for if you must travel with them. Once landed we were initially apprehensive that we had not filled any forms as adavised by another site that i and my wife were reading from. But as soon as we approached the customs officials it was clear our apprehension was unmerited. These are definitely the best and most polite immigration officials i have seen in my life.

The Immigration officials were ever polite and explained each process clearly before embarking on taking the landing forms and asking us to sign them in line with visas issued. Infact i can say we spent more time looking for the 10 boxes my wifey packed than with the immigration officials :D They told us to expect our PR cards in 6-8weeks , i honestly hope it will be sooner. Please make sure you have an address to receive your PR card before you land in Canada as it is required for receipt of your PR card even if it is a hotel.

From there we were picked up by a friend's brother in law who took us straight to their home - 20 minutes from the airport. We pretty much thank God for the oppurtunity and slept that evening. we actually hoped to obtain our SIN and Health insurance on Friday but we could not so we will do that tomorrowMonday.

We have opened accounts but we cant get credit cards yet as we are yet to provide SIN to really identify us to their system. i reckon once we have that it should be a lot more straight forward. We have gotten mobile phone lines - my wife has a contract line which our benefactor has to stand for us as we do not have the mysterious SIN yet . So i opted for a pay as you go line. we are right now preparing our journey out tomorrow and have started making enquiries about getting an apartment and a car (most likely used) so we can move around and integrate quickly into teh community.

I wish all of us success in this plan to emigrate but advise that that we more focus on the long term and have a plan for that before travelling down here. I will post another update probably at the end of the month. i wish us all the best.

:)
Congrats Ladomani,
You will all succeed in the good land of Canada.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Congratulations Naija.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE ALL.

Ig

TrustingGod

Star Member
Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-10-2013
Med's Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
23-01-2014
Passport Req..
19-07-2014
LANDED..........
19 N0v 2014
@B-Jay,your last lines to lado mani got me teary eyed-d kind of feeling i get watching USA athletes celebrating their hard work at medals award ceremony.I wonda wen this Country will evoke such nationalistic instinct in one.On a day like this however,with an eye of faith,I still say:Nigeria,I hail thee.My own dear native land.Wishing u "soonest recova"

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
INDEPENDENCE INDEED. Let spade be called what it is. The situation in the country is simply bad and unpleasant and that is why we are all here to seek alternative to the madness going on, which had resulted in the death of nothing less than a thousand policemen and lots of innocent souls.

Where are the fundamentals pointing to a way out of this quagmire?

Solution!

Nigerians like we are attempting to do here should take their destiny into their God given hands. Put up the right attitude to succeed in all facets of our life together as a people.

I wrote in a place and made a submission that the problem with us is not ethnicity or religion and this thread had proven that beyond reasonable doubt. The issue is our attitude to life and issues that results from our choices.

We need to learn how to live together, working towards our God assigned goals and doing it without harming another in his or her pursuit.

Cheers. Happy whatever you call it.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
I have received my PPR through registered mail today, the letter is dated Sep 17.

Wishing all the best for everyone...getting MR and PPR soon!

smiling_face Smiley

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Congrats bro ..... finally !

EMO said:
I have received my PPR through registered mail today, the letter is dated Sep 17.

Wishing all the best for everyone...getting MR and PPR soon!

smiling_face Smiley

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Omo Naija said:
Congrats bro ..... finally !
No be my own o. Its for our friend smilling face, iomokorede's client. I recall she was holding brief for him/her few weeks back.

I have asked him to break the news here. So I decided to do it for him

Cheers

Dmaks

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-12
Doc's Request.
03-05-12
AOR Received.
22-03-12
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
01-10-12
Med's Done....
05-10-12
Passport Req..
12-12-12
COME AND JOIN ME SING HALLELUIAH.....JEHOVAH JIREH HAS DONE WELL

And as my Father in the Lord will always say: "LET SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUIAH
It's with Independence Joy I announce to this great house, that I received my MR this afternoon.

Date:
October 1, 2012

Dear xxxx

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination for yourself, and all family members. Find the relevant forms and documents attached to this email.
Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee for yourself and Spouse/Common-law partner.
Please note
:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Canadian High Commission for Ghana in Accra at the address indicated below.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards,
Immigration Section (FBA) | Service d'Immigration

Canadian High Commision | Haut-commisariat du CanadaPO Box 1639 | Case Postale 163942 Independence Avenue | 42, av. Indépendance
Accra, Ghana
+233 0302 211521

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Dmaks Congratulations on your MR. Does this mean the floodgate of MR has opened. Please can you share your timeline?