+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

DIAMONDX

Mar 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Fj6

If you dt mind u can share His / her timeline not her name. This will help others determine when there's will come

FJ6

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-10
LANDED..........
28th Nov. 2012
@ ALL.

I feel oblige to let my Naija forum family discuss\address\comment\respond on the familiar topic\issue of SURVIVAL JOBS FOR 3-5 YEARS for a majority of F.S.W in Canada BEYOND the SIX MONTH official estimated time of C.I.C.

I would like to start by contributing that between 1991 - 2001 Canada welcomed 1,066,342 Asians mainly China and Philippines, compared to 360,000 Africans.( they must be doing something we are not doing; right?YES ) they settle down fast and started contributing significantly to the Canadian Economy to the extend that they have become essential.
I raise the motion that we should, as a body, look at how to 1. settle down into our skill class fast 2. continue helping others through forums like this and others 3. become financially buoyant which equal better economy for Canada which makes us as Nigerian/West African community in Canada Essential.

wole cash

Star Member
Mar 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2014
I didn't ask for an update from Accra recently. It just came like that..

chosen

Jan 24, 2011
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011...initially Mar 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 & Feb 2014
Nomination.....
February 28, 2014
AOR Received.
June 10, 2014
Med's Request
July 3, 2014
Med's Done....
July 5, 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Mar 3, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 12, 2015 (received Mar 23)
LANDED..........
June 2015. ...By God's grace
FJ6 said:
@ ALL.

I feel oblige to let my Naija forum family discuss\address\comment\respond on the familiar topic\issue of SURVIVAL JOBS FOR 3-5 YEARS for a majority of F.S.W in Canada BEYOND the SIX MONTH official estimated time of C.I.C.

I would like to start by contributing that between 1991 - 2001 Canada welcomed 1,066,342 Asians mainly China and Philippines, compared to 360,000 Africans.( they must be doing something we are not doing; right?YES ) they settle down fast and started contributing significantly to the Canadian Economy to the extend that they have become essential.
I raise the motion that we should, as a body, look at how to 1. settle down into our skill class fast 2. continue helping others through forums like this and others 3. become financially buoyant which equal better economy for Canada which makes us as Nigerian/West African community in Canada Essential.
I perfectly agree with you. But remember these guys (especially Filipinos) have a strong sense of community and brotherhood, beside the fact that there are more of them (population). This is why they even speak their language on this forum (AS MUCH AS WE BEG THEM NOT TO!). I'm not sure we can boast of the same but I believe a forum like this has broken down many barriers.

If we continue like this and ensure this network base isnt disrupted for any reason then we're certainly on our way there!

gel003

Sep 27, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2011
AOR Received.
In Process 16-07-2013
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
02-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
Mandie et al

i am delighted to hear d good news for MI2 and MI3 applicants. God will make it possible soonest

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
wole cash said:
I just received a request for additional documents to support my application from the Accra Visa office.
My application was submitted on the 1st of April 2011, RBVO- May 2011 and document update May 2012, Catergory(FSW)
I am a MI 2 applicant and I want to use this opportunity to encourage other MI 2 & 3 applicants that have been expecting an update that something good would soon happen. Accra is working!!!!
Wole, thanks for this information. Please can you be more specific with the documents they requested, like Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), Proof of fund (POF) etc. That will be quite helpful.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
chosen said:
I perfectly agree with you. But remember these guys (especially Filipinos) have a strong sense of community and brotherhood, beside the fact that there are more of them (population). This is why they even speak their language on this forum (AS MUCH AS WE BEG THEM NOT TO!). I'm not sure we can boast of the same but I believe a forum like this has broken down many barriers.

If we continue like this and ensure this network base isnt disrupted for any reason then we're certainly on our way there!
[quote author=ezotik]the nigerian community in manitoba was dissolved due to nigerian tribalism (yoruba vs igbo) while other countries still have theirs. back then it was pretty easy for nigerians to get a canadian permanent residency due to the system the manitoba govt have in place for nations that have a significant number of immigrants who showed interest in migrating to manitoba. what the manitoba govt did was very simple, these nations should have a community-based system headed by an individual from that country that would recruit interested immigrants and sponsor them to manitoba. what this does is help the immigrant with all the resources that would help him settle down easily upon arrival in manitoba because he would be taken in by the community that sponsored the application before he can find his feet. and it helps the manitoba govt bcos they believe the immigrants would have gone thru some sort of screening in his home country before heading to manitoba

anyway, the nigerian community was headed by a yoruba woman, and the community set up offices in ibadan to cater to the west, i think owerri or one of those eastern cities to cater to the east and abuja to cater to the north. all you needed to do was fill out the application and send to your zonal office in nigeria that caters to ur zone, and once that zonal office goes through the application to make sure it is filled it out correctly and supported with the required docus, then they would foward it to the nigerian community in manitoba who would then send it to the manitoba immigration for approval. and any application that comes thru the community hardly gets refused by the manitoba immigration. and once ur application is approved by the manitoba govt, u are sure of ur PR. all u needed to do then is apply to the canadian embassy in accra and start preparing to move to canada. and give and take this whole process was not more than 12months back then. even till now, it is like 18months.

anyway, long story short, the yorubas were bringing in their people even up to villagers in numbers because the process was actually free of charge. instead of igbo man to do same, he was charging up to 10k to 20k dollars for the process...hahaha. how many nigerians can afford that? so becos of that, the igbos coming in to manitoba were very little compared to the yorubas. the abuja zone didnt bring in anything, because aboki nor really send abroad as long is it not mecca ;D ;D. anyways, the igbos started vexing and blaming their low numbers on tribalism. they started writting petition upon petition with big grammar demanding for their own seperate community outside the already existing one, meaning nigeria alone in manitoba would now have two communities to be funded by the manitoba govt, and due to the fair and just system of the western world that everybody must be heard, the case ended up in court.

just imagine members of a nigerian community that was fully funded by the manitoba govt just to help them recruit more nigerians to manitoba fighting themselves and dragging each other to court to further waste govt money? the judge threw the case out and said if you guys cannot get along with each other, then the community is hereby dissolved. hahaha.

but nigeria is losing out heavily with the wave of immigration to manitoba. the filipinos still have their community and they are coming-in in droves. even amongst africans, the east africans are way more visible because the ethiopians still have their community. but what happened to nigerian community? dead and gone because of tribalism.
[/quote]
That's a post obtained from Nairaland. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. Mark 3:25.
Hope we new ones will go there and build bridges instead of burning them.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
To cut a long story short - Africans are not united, we seek only for ourselves (greed). Even in the UK, you will see Asians (be it Chinese, Indians, Pakis etc) lookk out for each, but that cannot be said of us. There is mistrust among ourelves, even if we come from the same country. Just look at our governments and you know what I mean. Take it or leave it! :mad: :mad:

Tha said, let's get back to the business of MRs.... Accra, abeg where dey the MRs for MI 2&3s? :'( :'(
*Mandie*

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
mandiebraxton said:
To cut a long story short - Africans are not united, we seek only for ourselves (greed). Even in the UK, you will see Asians (be it Chinese, Indians, Pakis etc) lookk out for each, but that cannot be said of us. There is mistrust among ourelves, even if we come from the same country. Just look at our governments and you know what I mean. Take it or leave it! :mad: :mad:

Tha said, let's get back to the business of MRs.... Accra, abeg where dey the MRs for MI 2&3s? :'( :'(
*Mandie*
Yes!
I need them out now! :p

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
omoba7 said:
That's a post obtained from Nairaland. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. Mark 3:25.
Hope we new ones will go there and build bridges instead of burning them.
It is unfortunate. Was in Winnipeg, Manitoba in April 2012 during the Easter week and you could see the number of Chinese and Filipinos you find in the province.

Let us arrange to send Madam IG, Pa Right and Pa Naija Pickin to go forth and organise things for yonder :p :p :p :p :p

FJ6

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-10
LANDED..........
28th Nov. 2012
mandiebraxton said:

*Mandie*
I beg to disagree with you that our greed cannot be washed off this young and united African community that we share HERE. otherwise there is really no reason for this forum/family we are sharing.
Nice info. from the MPN / Manitoba community gist. please more inputs. knowledge is power.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
FJ6 said:
I beg to disagree with you that our greed cannot be washed off this young and united African community that we share HERE. otherwise there is really no reason for this forum/family we are sharing.
Nice info. from the MPN / Manitoba community gist. please more inputs. knowledge is power.
I was speaking figuratively ...not referring to this forum! We haven't forgotten...we still waiting for the NOC and timeline of your friend who got MR
*Mandie*

Imole

Dec 30, 2010
I have pleasure to announce to the house that I finaly sail through
the medical. I was asked to come for my VISA any Monday just a few
minutes ago. I must say a big thank you to all forumites and I want to
advice strongly that the waiting may be long your turn...our turn is
around the corner. Thank you all for standing by me through thick and
thin... I will rejoice and be rejoiced with...we shall all smile. Amen.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Imole said:
I have pleasure to announce to the house that I finaly sail through
the medical. I was asked to come for my VISA any Monday just a few
minutes ago. I must say a big thank you to all forumites and I want to
advice strongly that the waiting may be long your turn...our turn is
around the corner. Thank you all for standing by me through thick and
thin... I will rejoice and be rejoiced with...we shall all smile. Amen.
Let me be the first to Congratulate you on your PPR. Indeed we shall all smile. :) :) :) :) :)