+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
Am taking this with a pinch of salt and a bottle of malt. Good news all the way

NKON

May 23, 2012
Re: No subject

Toluwanile said:
@ NKON
I think u should still put ur post on the London thread. There u're likely to find pple who have been in the same shoes before. They will be in the best position to advice with first hand info.
Above all, i support what other forumites said. At the long run, one is likely to go for the other since u can't leave in two places at the same time if and when ILR & CPRV come thru. I must confess though, that the thought of starting all over again in an unknown place gets at me once in a while, but i believe that God will make a way.
So my bro/sis, say ur prayers and let God have his way. He will make all things work together for ur ultimate good.
Thank you.

Ikemba

Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MI 2
Med's Request
17-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
Quote from: Omo Naija on May 23, 2012, 02:47:02 pm
I believe that I forecasted this earlier...they just started looking d way of MI2 & MI3 on tuesday (i.e yesterday)... The very goodnews isÃÂ as follows; the total volume isn't much & d Visa has already been appropriated directly from CIO (automatically in the budget) & the final eligibity has already been decided by CIO... Which I believe shud make the distribution of MRs relatively faster.

The final Goodnews is that all MI2 & 3 shud have a decision on their application on or b4 August 31 irrespective of when the application was sent.

Finally, don't waste your energy asking me where or how I get this info... Just take it with a pinch of salt & use it as a consolation atleast.

All the best guys !

If this is true, this is the most cheering news since i made this application. I will take it with a pinch of salt and a bottle of CHAIRMAN :p :p :p :p :p. Good night folks

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
momohj25 said:
Thank you Mandie for your wise response! I only wanted to hear from Emo!

This is a quote from residents
Fell free

Well I myself do live in Canada and I seem to be just fine... althogh i was born here!
But we do have neighbors that moved from the UK to Canada. They say that Canada is better and the UK is very expensive to live there right now. Aperently more people that originally lived in the UK are moving out rather than more moving in!

Canada is generally strict on who gets in. If you are unemployed, have a criminal record or things like that, they are definatly going to say no. (Wonder why?:D) But if you have good education (which you may have to do over again in Canada) you should be fairly welcome! Health service is great! Nothing to worry about there. Housing is usually comfortable... depending on everything like money and ect. And no not really do you need to be RICH! But having money in your pocket is always a good idea.

I do want to mention a few cities that I would advise:
Edmonton-if you don't mind population...
London, Sarnia, Kitchener- These are all mid-sized cities that have very good opertunity for raising children. Kitchener has two of Canadas leading universities and one of the provinces leading collages. London is a little more populated, but does have opertunity. Sarnia is very close to the boarder if you want easy access for maybe family and friends
Cities/provinces I might not recommend for your situation:
Newfoundland- low population and hard to start a new life. Unless you have a real passion for the sea or fish!
Toronto- Maybe too much violence and to populated, but a great place for an out-of-town job (if you lived around Kitchener or Missisauga)
Quebec- If you can't speak french, cross them off your list!
I really hope this helps and I encourage you to come to Canada. It really is a great place to be!

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
momohj25 said:
Thank you Mandie for your wise response! I only wanted to hear from Emo!

Hear another Canadian

I'm Canadian, but I spent a year living in England (Worthing and Basingstoke), and I would pick Canada over the UK any day...but I'm a proud Canadian and I didn't have the best experience in England (in Worthing, my husband and I were constantly told to "go home" because we're not English)...anyways, I'll just give you a few reasons why I'd say come to Canada.
I'm not sure where everyone else lives that says that health care is free, because in Alberta, where I live, it's NOT free. A single person pays on average, about $88.00 per month, and that amount goes up for families. People who have lower incomes don't have to pay, but do have to go through a subsidy appliation to prove their income. However, if you get into a good job, usually after about 3 months, you'll get benefits, which pay into your health care. When I was in England and on NHS, THAT was free, and all we paid was £6.00 per perscription, where as in AB, if you don't have health benefits from work, you pay for each and every perscription.
Housing in Alberta is ridiculously expensive, rent is extremely high, but it's not the same across the country. If you go east of Alberta (Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec & the Maritimes) housing is considerably cheaper. Alberta has a booming economy, with tons of jobs, but the cost of living is insane...so bad that my family and I are considering leaving the province (which is hard, because it's so beautiful, and where I was born and raised).
In my opinion, schools in Canada are great...when I was in school, we learned about places all around the world, which is more than I can say for my American cousins, who don't know anything about anywhere aside from the US.
Depending on where you decide to settle, you don't need to have a huge amount of money. I feel the west part of the country is more beautiful, but it is more expensive. I wouldn't choose settling in Toronto, but maybe a suburb outside of Toronto so if you end up working in the city you can commute, but don't have to worry about the big city atmosphere where your family lives. And depending on the kind of work you do also could influence which part of the country you pick...if you're in engineering, then Alberta would be a great choice because there's tons of jobs in the industry, and you'd be paid nicely for it.
Overall, I think most places in Canada would be better than London...I love London, but find it's much too populated for my liking, and WAY too expensive...so if you're currently living in London, you'd probably find it way cheaper in Canada. The person who told you that immigrating here works on a point system is correct. It's a lengthy process, immigration, but in my mind, it would be worth it in the end. If you can withstand the cold of our winters (We had a few days of -30°C, which put the temp down to feeling like -40 or lower with the wind chill, but that doesn't happen for every day of the winter...our summers are great. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Please google the rest

Cheers

momohj25

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
Med's Request
31-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-08-2012
Passport Req..
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
LANDED..........
@ Emo, its good to hear from you and thank you for the posts!
Anyway, to be honest with you, it is a hard decision because ive also seen loads of people that say they prefer uk over canada.And i believe one of the reasons some people are leaving uk its because of the tightening of the immigration law and the "British jobs for British people" issue. I dont want to talk much on this tread about this topic not to digress the purpose of the tread
Lets pray that we live where we would find peace of mind as Mandie rightly said.

Wishing everyone best of luck!

Forsure

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2012
AOR Received.
08/03/2012
Med's Request
13/11/2013
Med's Done....
20/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013 IJN
Ikemba said:
Quote from: Omo Naija on May 23, 2012, 02:47:02 pm
I believe that I forecasted this earlier...they just started looking d way of MI2 & MI3 on tuesday (i.e yesterday)... The very goodnews isÃÂ as follows; the total volume isn't much & d Visa has already been appropriated directly from CIO (automatically in the budget) & the final eligibity has already been decided by CIO... Which I believe shud make the distribution of MRs relatively faster.

The final Goodnews is that all MI2 & 3 shud have a decision on their application on or b4 August 31 irrespective of when the application was sent.

Finally, don't waste your energy asking me where or how I get this info... Just take it with a pinch of salt & use it as a consolation atleast.

All the best guys !

If this is true, this is the most cheering news since i made this application. I will take it with a pinch of salt and a bottle of CHAIRMAN :p :p :p :p :p. Good night folks

this ia good news! lets keep praying and believing .....

wole cash

Star Member
Mar 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2014
I just received a request for additional documents to support my application from the Accra Visa office.
My application was submitted on the 1st of April 2011, RBVO- May 2011 and document update May 2012, Catergory(FSW)
I am a MI 2 applicant and I want to use this opportunity to encourage other MI 2 & 3 applicants that have been expecting an update that something good would soon happen. Accra is working!!!!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
wole cash said:
I just received a request for additional documents to support my application from the Accra Visa office.
My application was submitted on the 1st of April 2011, RBVO- May 2011 and document update May 2012, Catergory(FSW)
I am a MI 2 applicant and I want to use this opportunity to encourage other MI 2 & 3 applicants that have been expecting an update that something good would soon happen. Accra is working!!!!
That was like a breath of fresh air! Thanks so much for this information!!! Please clarify something:did you just update Accra about your circumstances (additional family, new job, new address etc) in May and now they are asking for additional documents? Your response will help a lot as some of us have already been asked for additional documents some time ago.....
MI2/3s. brace yourselves!!
It is well...
*Mandie*

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
momohj25 said:
@ Emo, its good to hear from you and thank you for the posts!
Anyway, to be honest with you, it is a hard decision because ive also seen loads of people that say they prefer uk over canada.And i believe one of the reasons some people are leaving uk its because of the tightening of the immigration law and the "British jobs for British people" issue. I dont want to talk much on this tread about this topic not to digress the purpose of the tread
Lets pray that we live where we would find peace of mind as Mandie rightly said.

Wishing everyone best of luck!
Please do not hesitate to pour your mind out to me in PM or better still send it to funmianney@yahoo.com I will like to see the other side of my view of UK or rather my mind set.

Cheers

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
mandiebraxton said:
That was like a breath of fresh air! Thanks so much for this information!!! Please clarify something:did you just update Accra about your circumstances (additional family, new job, new address etc) in May and now they are asking for additional documents? Your response will help a lot as some of us have already been asked for additional documents some time ago.....
MI2/3s. brace yourselves!!
It is well...
*Mandie*
AVO not as terrible as Portrayed by.......hmmmmm. Am monitoring the development with cheerfulness of heart. I will not be content till I see my friend........ get her MR. All these other grammar are like........ let the MR drops in boxes now.

Alfpharm

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-7-2011
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
6-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2014 and DECISION MADE on 7-4 -2014
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Source: http://workpermit.com/news/2012-03-20/canada/international-careers-fair-in-nova-scotia-matches-canadian-immigrants-with-local-businesses.htm

I hope this helps

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
EMO said:
AVO not as terrible as Portrayed by.......hmmmmm. Am monitoring the development with cheerfulness of heart. I will not be content till I see my friend........ get her MR. All these other grammar are like........ let the MR drops in boxes now.
Hahahahahaah....I can easily fill those gaps! Nice to know AVO has not abandoned other applicants.....seeing is believing though :p :p
*Mandie*

FJ6

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-10
LANDED..........
28th Nov. 2012
@ ALL.

I intentionally failed to give details of my friend, it was just to serve as a light bringer and a hope for others because it was needed.
I am happy to hear that others are also getting responses.

fj6