+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
No subject

@0mobaba Thank you very much.

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
My advise. If you have listed that employer in your initial application to Nova Scotia, then the best bet would be to give them whatever they ask of you. Oyinbo's are like robots, it's either yes or no.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
ezinne said:
No its not my current emloyer infact its not even in my noc
Reference letters are only from those you have listed on your application and claiming points for. If that organisation is not listed then you dont need a reference letter from them.
Thus, you only need reference letter from X if you have stated that you have worked for X as a doctor and thus you are claiming so and so points for having worked for X for this number of years...hope i have not confused u.
Mandie

Canadian Tafi

Dec 20, 2011
Hi Ezinne,

If this company is one you have worked for in the the last 10yrs then you will need a reference from them. if the company no longer exist, you can ask someone who knows you from that company to do a reference for you with his company letter head paper stating your job description and that he knew you from that company and that the company no longer exist if possible stating corporate difference or the reason why... bla bla bla. My partner had the same issues he worked for a company that no longer existed, but he got one of his bosses in another company to write his reference stating that the company had wound down but most of the staff from that company now worked in this new one and that he knew the person as a staff of that folded company and alll the reference stuff and it was accepted by CIC

CT

Temi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/02/2012
AOR Received.
21/03/2012
Med's Request
30/01/2014
Med's Done....
7/02/2014
Interview........
13th May 2014
Passport Req..
13th May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
13th May 2014
Hello everybody. I am new in this forum and I have benefited a lot from U guys discussions. I sent my application to CIC in Nov 2011.I am yet to hear anything from them nor my money encashed and m y NOC is just a little over an hundred applicants.What could be responsible for the delay. Pls any suggestion is welcome.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Canadian Tafi said:
Hi Ezinne,

If this company is one you have worked for in the the last 10yrs then you will need a reference from them. if the company no longer exist, you can ask someone who knows you from that company to do a reference for you with his company letter head paper stating your job description and that he knew you from that company and that the company no longer exist if possible stating corporate difference or the reason why... bla bla bla. My partner had the same issues he worked for a company that no longer existed, but he got one of his bosses in another company to write his reference stating that the company had wound down but most of the staff from that company now worked in this new one and that he knew the person as a staff of that folded company and alll the reference stuff and it was accepted by CIC

CT
Not just any company you have worked for for the last 10 years, but rather a job related to the occupation you have listed on the application... There wont be any need to get a reference letter for working as a teacher when you are applying as a doctor.
Mandie

E

ezinne

Thanx people mandie u ve said it all as a doctor i was able to get all d referenmces from the hospitals exculding this one dt is not a hospital but a health insurancce company .

The company is not folded but they refused to write another reference for me besides the hr of that company is on vacation

A covering note explaing this o hope will do

Now we r on strike i pray that God will give me a chance to submit it cos fedex n all d courier companies r on stike

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Temi said:
Hello everybody. I am new in this forum and I have benefited a lot from U guys discussions. I sent my application to CIC in Nov 2011.I am yet to hear anything from them nor my money encashed and m y NOC is just a little over an hundred applicants.What could be responsible for the delay. Pls any suggestion is welcome.
there is nothing to worry about. Just be on the look out for your PER.

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Along with Full Documents
Med's Request
12-08-2011, then 16-09-2011 (after adding our new baby)
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
By God's Grace on Sunday 29th April 2012
Hi Temi, you need more patience. Then, our application was submitted November 2010, and we received PER in Feb 2011. It takes about 3-4 months before you receive PER. Patience and Faith together is the rule of the game. Cheers!

Gabil

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2011
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
OOW4CHRIST said:
Hi Temi, you need more patience. Then, our application was submitted November 2010, and we received PER in Feb 2011. It takes about 3-4 months before you receive PER. Patience and Faith together is the rule of the game. Cheers!
Temi, PER takes between 60 to 90 days, dat is when the real waiting begins. Best of luck

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
My Naija People, please, which airline is the cheapest from Lagos to Toronto (one way)? Also, what's the appropriate time to book for a trip that is to take place in May 2012? I have a family of 5.

Thank you for your candid advice.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
OOW4CHRIST said:
My Naija People, please, which airline is the cheapest from Lagos to Toronto (one way)? Also, what's the appropriate time to book for a trip that is to take place in May 2012? I have a family of 5.

Thank you for your candid advice.
OOW4CHRIST,
I don't think I know the cheapest airline.
The province and city you are going to is very important. Since you have children, I will advise that you also check the transit (waiting time) of each airline before deciding. For example, if you are going to Alberta and you take a flight to Toronto, you will have another 4+ hrs to Alberta. That means initial transit (?) + transit inside Canada no be small thing for children. For ordinary 8.5 hrs flight from London to Toronto, my 4 year old son requested that the pilot should turn back bcos he was tired.

SHOCKER. I am shocked at the cost of Car insurance in greater Toronto area. The cheapest I got is $432 per month (compare to my £441 per year in the UK). E go better by God's grace.

OOW4CHRIST & other naijas, I look forward to welcoming many of you to Canada this year.

Best wishes,
Shalom

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
OOW4CHRIST,
I don't think I know the cheapest airline.
The province and city you are going to is very important. Since you have children, I will advise that you also check the transit (waiting time) of each airline before deciding. For example, if you are going to Alberta and you take a flight to Toronto, you will have another 4+ hrs to Alberta. That means initial transit (?) + transit inside Canada no be small thing for children. For ordinary 8.5 hrs flight from London to Toronto, my 4 year old son requested that the pilot should turn back bcos he was tired.
Shalom1, thank you. The Province we're going to is Ontario (Mississauga). So, our POE is Pearson Int'l Airport, Toronto. I'm considering Emirates because they allow one-way trip, but the distance is longer. Kindly advise.