21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Hi there

my niece got refused twice for TRV both in 2019
I would like to apply her visa this time with a lawyer or attorney

can you guys share your experience and advise which lawyer or attorney to go with

thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there

can you guys share your experience and advise which lawyer or attorney to go with

thanks
What is her background, savings, citizenship, etc.? A lawyer can’t magically get approval.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there

thanks
In your previous thread, another poster suggested she can show tuition paid, letter from school.

An attorney won't increase rate of approval.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
What is her background, savings, citizenship, etc.? A lawyer can’t magically get approval.
hi canuck78,

in 2019 i had applied for my sister and niece together twice. in the second try sisters was approved and niece was still rejected mentioning that if they both travel together, there will a higher pull from my sister to stay in canada as her brothers and mothers are in Canada. Sisters did not travel to Canada yet as COVID came and then there were deaths in family.

My niece is Grade 6 student in India. My sister is an IT employee. Niece was refused through no fault of her own. She got refused due to sister but sister is now approved.
My brother in law is an indepent contractor. They have land/properties for which they are making an asset statement - should come to around 2 Million Dollars or so.
My sister has savings of 10K CAD in her account and salary of 20K CAD per annum.

3 years have passed since the last rejection however i am bit afraid to apply myself so thinking of enganging an attorney as i dont think i am qualified to package the application properly considering previous refusals.

What do you think about this, any suggestions ?

thanks,

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
In your previous thread, another poster suggested she can show tuition paid, letter from school.

An attorney won't increase rate of approval.
Thanks Steaky, this time its only my niece as my sisters visa was approved last time.
Reason i was thinking of attorney was because this will be my 3rd attempt and i dont want to add another rejection so want to give it the best shot so she has the best representation. Last 2 refusals indicate i did not do a good job at packaging / convincing visa officers.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Steaky, this time its only my niece as my sisters visa was approved last time.
Reason i was thinking of attorney was because this will be my 3rd attempt and i dont want to add another rejection so want to give it the best shot so she has the best representation. Last 2 refusals indicate i did not do a good job at packaging / convincing visa officers.
Nothing to do with you except your invitation letter. Your neice will have to show tuition paid, letter from school in her 3rd attempt and score a better job at packaging / convincing visa officers (with assistance of her parents, etc.).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi canuck78,

in 2019 i had applied for my sister and niece together twice. in the second try sisters was approved and niece was still rejected mentioning that if they both travel together, there will a higher pull from my sister to stay in canada as her brothers and mothers are in Canada. Sisters did not travel to Canada yet as COVID came and then there were deaths in family.

My niece is Grade 6 student in India. My sister is an IT employee. Niece was refused through no fault of her own. She got refused due to sister but sister is now approved.
My brother in law is an indepent contractor. They have land/properties for which they are making an asset statement - should come to around 2 Million Dollars or so.
My sister has savings of 10K CAD in her account and salary of 20K CAD per annum.

3 years have passed since the last rejection however i am bit afraid to apply myself so thinking of enganging an attorney as i dont think i am qualified to package the application properly considering previous refusals.

What do you think about this, any suggestions ?

thanks,
The must have inherited these properties unless your brother in law has a much higher income and amount of savings than your sister. Were these properties your parents and did they transfer them to your sister when they left for Canada? 10k is likely not enough savings especially. How much liquid savinfs does her husband have? The fact that you have so many family members in Canada will make it very difficult for your sister’s whole family to visit Canada. She can try to apply for a short visit (2-3 weeks) during school holidays for her and your niece since chances are better than traveling with her husband and her child. They should have more than 10k to have a decent chance at approval. If they go for a short visit and return home then they can attempt to apply again for the brother-in-law but not right away. Has the family ever applied to immigrate, study or work abroad (not just Canada)? If your niece gets denied I would suggest your sister come for a short visit and when she returns home try to get a TRV for her daughter for the next visit followed by her husband for the visit after that.

P

Pinkman

Attorneys dont apply TRV's. You need an RCIC for Visitor Visa, who can help you in proper documentation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Attorneys dont apply TRV's. You need an RCIC for Visitor Visa, who can help you in proper documentation
lawyers can apply for TRVs they are just rarely hired because it is a huge expense and both a consultant and lawyer are unnecessary to apply for a TRV

Reactions: Naturgrl