+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niece sponsorship

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My wife want to apply sponsorship for her 2 nieces under 18. Their parent who are my wife sister and her husband unfortunately passed away recently. Is it possible? I read it from immigration website. My wife parent is very old but are still in back home and can't take care for them. My other sister of my wife they have their own family so hard for them. Does immigration count my family in law in back home to not consider my wife sponsorship? Thank you very much.

You can sponsor an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild only if they meet all of these conditions:
  • they’re related to you by blood or adoption
  • both their mother and father passed away
  • they’re under 18 years of age
  • they’re single (not married or in a common-law or conjugal relationship)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My wife want to apply sponsorship for her 2 nieces under 18. Their parent who are my wife sister and her husband unfortunately passed away recently. Is it possible? I read it from immigration website. My wife parent is very old but are still in back home and can't take care for them. My other sister of my wife they have their own family so hard for them. Does immigration count my family in law in back home to not consider my wife sponsorship? Thank you very much.
Yes is your wife meets eligibility requirements include income requirements.

Reactions: dactoan.nguyen

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
We used RCIC agent to help us submit our application. The agent forwarded us the bio metric request letter 3 months ago and we haven't received any new info since then. We have asked our agent but they said there is no new info. We checked https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do and entered all information, but there is nothing returned. Does anyone know how to get update from their application? I logged in to their PR portal and there is nothing, it showed application submitted and can be downloaded. Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We used RCIC agent to help us submit our application. The agent forwarded us the bio metric request letter 3 months ago and we haven't received any new info since then. We have asked our agent but they said there is no new info. We checked https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do and entered all information, but there is nothing returned. Does anyone know how to get update from their application? I logged in to their PR portal and there is nothing, it showed application submitted and can be downloaded. Thanks in advance
Where are you from and when did you apply? Processing can be years.