+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

Rp1212

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
If your travel is not for some serious reason, expect them not to accept your request for reschedule.
i am attending a marriage but i dnt think this will count as emergency. i just asked them if its possible to just expedite the e-certificate but no response. i mean i can spend >$300 for weekend passport service but they need to provide me e-cert on very next day. If they expect us to drop everything and loose thousands of dollars on pre-arranged trips, they can at least help us process the certificate a day faster. i know its unrealistic expectation but...

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So i received the notice to appear for oath on 30th Aug, and i sent an email back to them requesting them not to cut my PR card, process e-certificate urgently, or to postpone the ceremony as i am travelling in 3 days after the oath and it would coast me thousands of dollars to postpone the trip. I just got a standard reply saying this is notice to appear and not an invite.

Can someone please share their timeline for getting e-cert after oath from Niagara office. Or if someone had similar experience and what they did in this situation.
I was able to be download the certificate 24 hrs after the ceremony. I sent the signed oath form 20 mins after the ceremony was done. Also I applied for passport on the same day I got the e-certificate.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
i am attending a marriage but i dnt think this will count as emergency. i just asked them if its possible to just expedite the e-certificate but no response. i mean i can spend >$300 for weekend passport service but they need to provide me e-cert on very next day. If they expect us to drop everything and loose thousands of dollars on pre-arranged trips, they can at least help us process the certificate a day faster. i know its unrealistic expectation but...
I suggest people to inform IRCC to not schedule oath during the vacation period if you want to be part of it. The negative part of informing them is your oath scheduling may get delayed for a long time. Tough choice to make.

Rp1212

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
was it in the morning or afternoon? sorry just trying to relate to my situation to see if i may expect the same timeline. mine is at 1:15

nicash

May 26, 2017
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
So i received the notice to appear for oath on 30th Aug, and i sent an email back to them requesting them not to cut my PR card, process e-certificate urgently, or to postpone the ceremony as i am travelling in 3 days after the oath and it would coast me thousands of dollars to postpone the trip. I just got a standard reply saying this is notice to appear and not an invite.

Can someone please share their timeline for getting e-cert after oath from Niagara office. Or if someone had similar experience and what they did in this situation.
I have rescheduled the oath because I had vacation planned. I told them that I would like to reschedule after the vacation. They put it on hold and told me to sent email after vacation with boarding pass or ticket. rescheduled date was within 3 weeks.

Rp1212

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I have rescheduled the oath because I had vacation planned. I told them that I would like to reschedule after the vacation. They put it on hold and told me to sent email after vacation with boarding pass or ticket. rescheduled date was within 3 weeks.
this is awesome. did you just emailed them with your return ticket? what was the explanation? and when was your first oath date?

nicash

May 26, 2017
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
this is awesome. did you just emailed them with your return ticket? what was the explanation? and when was your first oath date?
I emailed them with my travel plan and tickets. There is a email address in oath invitation for rescheduling. once you inform them they will tell you sent another email after you return from vacation so they can schedule new date. My first date was sept2021. I am here because my wife has Niagara office.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
does any one know approximately how long it will take for Niagara Falls IRCC Office to complete LPP from the date of AOR?
any rough estimate on when LPP will be completed; received AOR on Jan 4 2023 and completed citizenship Test on march 7
I'm in the same boat as you-- I applied in January 2023, then provided fingerprints, passed the test, and passed the BG check in March... and I've had no updates since then.

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
You know what gets me is that I thought they did these oaths at least 2 days a week at each office with at least 2-3 different time slots. So why is it that we don’t really see a lot of people from Niagara posting about their oaths?

AzureGekko

Mar 27, 2023
I'm in the same boat as you-- I applied in January 2023, then provided fingerprints, passed the test, and passed the BG check in March... and I've had no updates since then.
i was told it generally takes about 8-9 months with some outliers taking only 4 months if lucky; else it could take as much as 18 months .. so decided to wait till October/November before getting worried something was wrong..Let me know if your application goes to the next stage and i will do the same,this way we can approximately know when our application might get processed.

Also is there is a tracker specifically for applications processed from Niagara office?

Reactions: northern sunshine

jane66

Nov 7, 2018
i was told it generally takes about 8-9 months with some outliers taking only 4 months if lucky; else it could take as much as 18 months .. so decided to wait till October/November before getting worried something was wrong..Let me know if your application goes to the next stage and i will do the same,this way we can approximately know when our application might get processed.

Also is there is a tracker specifically for applications processed from Niagara office?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_tyLzgalpMAmAFlfTI5KV1-Nx5XQp1ZtqhYw1RMLSDg/edit#gid=1286957511

Reactions: Di2882

kexx999

Star Member
Oct 31, 2022
Guys just a quick question. My oath is tom and it's says 10 :15 am time zone (canada). Ngf is my office. I live in ontario so 10:15 my local time right the oath is ?