+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

Bscott

Aug 17, 2023
so i was in similar boat. I had my ceremony on 30th and i was travelling on 2nd. I contacted IRCC and the mentioned i have option to miss the ceremony but and they will issue final notice when i get back. They also mentioned the wait can change but atm its 2-4 months before they will re schedule my ceremony. now remember, this may change in future for better or worse but it may change.
Thank you so much!
They didn't explain to me anything except they told me that failure to appear will result in Final Notice to Appear. May I ask you if you received your Final Notice to Appear?

Rp1212

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Thank you so much!
They didn't explain to me anything except they told me that failure to appear will result in Final Notice to Appear. May I ask you if you received your Final Notice to Appear?
No I havent, it will take 2-4 months before i get the final notice to appear and that is the one you dont have an option to miss.

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Could someone please give me the email address for oath, is it the same as the test? I would imagine they have different ones for each stage.

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hi folks, for Niagara falls, once we do get the invite Is the Oath virtual or physical? Curious what I should be planning for.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Could someone please give me the email address for oath, is it the same as the test? I would imagine they have different ones for each stage.
It depends on the processing office. Everyone has a different one. You can search this forum based on your processing office to find one.

Reactions: Di2882

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
It depends on the processing office. Everyone has a different one. You can search this forum based on your processing office to find one.
That’s ok I no longer need it. I do have another question for you since you have done your oath. I received the instructions on how to download the e-certificate. Do I create the portal now or do I wait until after the oath?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
That’s ok I no longer need it. I do have another question for you since you have done your oath. I received the instructions on how to download the e-certificate. Do I create the portal now or do I wait until after the oath?
You can create it now just that when you try to download the certificate it will say not available.

Reactions: IG2020 and Di2882

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Update for those just starting out their journeys with Niagara. I remember how useful they were for me.

online application
VO: Niagara
AOR: January 31
BG: March 6th
Test: June 16
LPP: July 27
Certificate download email: Aug 19 (11:30 am)
Oath status: in progress Aug 18 reflected on tracker on Aug 22nd
Oath: Sept 12
Oath invite: ?

Rp1212

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I had one of the BEST experience dealing with Niagara office, i thought i would share with everyone.

Initially i got notice to appear for my oath on 30th Aug and the issue was i was travelling on 3rd sept. I contacted Niagara office and the first reply i got was the generic reply mentioning "this is notice to appear and not invitation". I replied them with my situation again and ask them for their advice on allowing me not cutting my PR card or to process my certificate faster in order for me to apply for urgent 24 hour passport service.

Not only they understood my situation but they went above and beyond to reschedule my oath a week earlier on 23rd Aug so I have enough time to apply for passport. Today at the time of the oath, one on one session, she asked me right away before me even mentioning that i am travelling and i need my certificate processed ASAP. i thanked her for her help and said i'll send them the oath form as soon as the ceremony is over. Within 10 mins i sent her the form and she replied back in 20 mins that they processed my citizenship cert. I got my cert in literally 30 mins after my ceremony and was able to apply for passport on the same day.

I read a lot of issues with different office and even i had issues communicating with IRCC office but this time i cant praise the IRCC agent enough for her help with this whole situation.

OSHammat

Mar 24, 2023
I had one of the BEST experience dealing with Niagara office, i thought i would share with everyone.

Initially i got notice to appear for my oath on 30th Aug and the issue was i was travelling on 3rd sept. I contacted Niagara office and the first reply i got was the generic reply mentioning "this is notice to appear and not invitation". I replied them with my situation again and ask them for their advice on allowing me not cutting my PR card or to process my certificate faster in order for me to apply for urgent 24 hour passport service.

Not only they understood my situation but they went above and beyond to reschedule my oath a week earlier on 23rd Aug so I have enough time to apply for passport. Today at the time of the oath, one on one session, she asked me right away before me even mentioning that i am travelling and i need my certificate processed ASAP. i thanked her for her help and said i'll send them the oath form as soon as the ceremony is over. Within 10 mins i sent her the form and she replied back in 20 mins that they processed my citizenship cert. I got my cert in literally 30 mins after my ceremony and was able to apply for passport on the same day.

I read a lot of issues with different office and even i had issues communicating with IRCC office but this time i cant praise the IRCC agent enough for her help with this whole situation.
Congratulations and many thanks for sharing your experience! Can you also please share your experience with the urgent passport service?

Rp1212

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Congratulations and many thanks for sharing your experience! Can you also please share your experience with the urgent passport service?
It was pretty good too. I don’t qualify as urgent but they processed my passport as express and I’ll get it on Tuesday. The officer mention that if you want your passport urgently, go to passport offices with printers as they can issue a passport within hours. The only thing is you need flight tickets or any other proof of travel.

Reactions: Bscott and OSHammat