+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Received oath invite email yesterday for ceremony on Jun 28 from NGF - good thing is they have provided e-certificate option by default and asked to be informed only if paper is needed. Can’t wait for Jun 28! Timeline below

Online Apps 2 separate single - 1231 days
Oakville, ON
Sent - Apr 18, 2022
AOR - May 2, 2022 / May 3, 2022
BG - Nov 17, 2022 / Nov 1, 2022
Test Invite - Feb 17, 2023
Test Complete - Mar 15, 2023
LPP - Apr 12, 2023
Oath Date - Jun 28, 2023 (updated Jun 1)
Oath Email received - Jun 5, 2023

Reactions: niks2102

MM2019

Nov 13, 2019
Received oath invite email yesterday for ceremony on Jun 28 from NGF - good thing is they have provided e-certificate option by default and asked to be informed only if paper is needed. Can’t wait for Jun 28! Timeline below

Online Apps 2 separate single - 1231 days
Oakville, ON
Sent - Apr 18, 2022
AOR - May 2, 2022 / May 3, 2022
BG - Nov 17, 2022 / Nov 1, 2022
Test Invite - Feb 17, 2023
Test Complete - Mar 15, 2023
LPP - Apr 12, 2023
Oath Date - Jun 28, 2023 (updated Jun 1)
Oath Email received - Jun 5, 2023
Are your timelines identical after the test? e.g., the LPP complete on the same day?

MMarar

Jan 30, 2023
Yes everything for both of us moved in sync after BG
that's interesting! My husband and I applied online as family, and since our background was marked as completed, things were not sync anymore. He took the test by the end of january, and mine was in march. Then, mine was marked as completed, and his was back in progress, and it's been like that since then..

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
Anyone waiting beyond 6 months after the completion of the citizenship test?
Is the following statement True for most applicants?

How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?
In most cases, the ceremony takes place 4 to 6 months after you pass the citizenship test.

Last edited:

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Anyone waiting beyond 6 months after the completion of the citizenship test?
Is the following statement True for most applicants?

How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?
In most cases, the ceremony takes place 4 to 6 months after you pass the citizenship test.
For most cases it does seem so - however there are exceptions as always. I got my oath date as just a bit over 3 months from test completion.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
that's interesting! My husband and I applied online as family, and since our background was marked as completed, things were not sync anymore. He took the test by the end of january, and mine was in march. Then, mine was marked as completed, and his was back in progress, and it's been like that since then..
I was quite surprised by this as well as they are 2 separate applications and I was not expecting sync movement at all. More interestingly our seat numbers for the virtual oath are also consecutive.

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Guys, need some help if someone has gone through this.
So i had my oath on 31st May at 10.15 AM. Oath was about two and hours and i sent my oath form to the email id which they sent right after the oath. I also got automated reply from that email id. Its been about 8 days and my tracker is still not closed. Its showing as if my oath has not been taken.
For context, my wife s oath was May 24th and her tracker closed on May 26th. She received her oath certificate on June 1st and we already applied for her passport.
I have another friend who tool oath on 31st May after in the afternoon session at 1.15 PM. His tracker closed on June 6th and he already received his certificate in the mail yesterday.

I am afraid they may not have received my oath form for whatever reason. Anyone here had similar experience?
I already sent the same email box asking about this and re-attached my oath form just in case. Still havent heard back.

Right now i am planning to wait until end of this week if i receive the certificate. If not will call IRCC next week and check with them.

Amiralijoonz

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Guys, need some help if someone has gone through this.
So i had my oath on 31st May at 10.15 AM. Oath was about two and hours and i sent my oath form to the email id which they sent right after the oath. I also got automated reply from that email id. Its been about 8 days and my tracker is still not closed. Its showing as if my oath has not been taken.
For context, my wife s oath was May 24th and her tracker closed on May 26th. She received her oath certificate on June 1st and we already applied for her passport.
I have another friend who tool oath on 31st May after in the afternoon session at 1.15 PM. His tracker closed on June 6th and he already received his certificate in the mail yesterday.

I am afraid they may not have received my oath form for whatever reason. Anyone here had similar experience?
I already sent the same email box asking about this and re-attached my oath form just in case. Still havent heard back.

Right now i am planning to wait until end of this week if i receive the certificate. If not will call IRCC next week and check with them.
call IRCC

Amiralijoonz

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
I was about to post and update. Called IRCC a few mins ago. They said they do have my signed oath form and the mailing the certificate is delayed for whatever reason . Not sure how long it will be delayed. Lets see. Ppl are receiving certificate within a week these days.
ahhh

applicantt

May 10, 2023
Friends your opinion please..I have my oath next week and my onlinetracker shows as Loading/Chargement...tried all ways by changing browsers, laptops, cellphone etc but looks like it's an IRCC based issue...anyone of you have heard or faced this..should I call IRCC about it

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Tis
Friends your opinion please..I have my oath next week and my onlinetracker shows as Loading/Chargement...tried all ways by changing browsers, laptops, cellphone etc but looks like it's an IRCC based issue...anyone of you have heard or faced this..should I call IRCC about it
This is normal behaviour of the tracker. Nothin to worry. Same for me too. After your oath the tracker will be accessible

Reactions: applicantt

haaahmere

Jun 9, 2023
Hi everyone. Just wanted some insight into my situation if anyone could help.

I had my oath scheduled for April 26th, but because of the strike, it was cancelled. It is now June but I have still not received a new date. Is anyone experiencing anything similar?

For context, I am from Windsor. Thank you!

Last edited: