+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

zadton

May 28, 2023
Hi, long time lurker here. Does anyone have any experience with requesting a reschedule for their oath with Niagara Falls? I know they tend to refuse any reschedules outside of family emergencies, but I wanted to check if there was anyone around who tried because of a vacation planned well in advance.

my oath is scheduled on June 16 and I’m only back in Canada on the 20th.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hi, long time lurker here. Does anyone have any experience with requesting a reschedule for their oath with Niagara Falls? I know they tend to refuse any reschedules outside of family emergencies, but I wanted to check if there was anyone around who tried because of a vacation planned well in advance.

my oath is scheduled on June 16 and I’m only back in Canada on the 20th.
Someone I know missed their oath date (not checking the tracker and missed seeing the email) in Dec 2022 and wrote to them the very next day - NGF - got a new path date only in April 2023. So if there’s an option and you can push it that is ideal - get the oath done. NGF is quite slow but maybe you can write to them and see what they can do. You never know - it’s all down to the person reading the email

Reactions: zadton

zadton

May 28, 2023
Someone I know missed their oath date (not checking the tracker and missed seeing the email) in Dec 2022 and wrote to them the very next day - NGF - got a new path date only in April 2023. So if there’s an option and you can push it that is ideal - get the oath done. NGF is quite slow but maybe you can write to them and see what they can do. You never know - it’s all down to the person reading the email
Thank you so much - this gives me some peace of mind!!! Glad to hear it went well for that person.

i asked because I anecdotally know someone who tried to have it rescheduled due to work reasons but was denied. In any case, it sounds like they do end up accommodating anyways for those who weren’t able to make it. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: karthik2479

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Thank you so much - this gives me some peace of mind!!! Glad to hear it went well for that person.

i asked because I anecdotally know someone who tried to have it rescheduled due to work reasons but was denied. In any case, it sounds like they do end up accommodating anyways for those who weren’t able to make it. Thanks for sharing!
In any case drop them an email right away with your travel plans - maybe they might give you an early date if it’s available

Reactions: zadton

nraj

Oct 9, 2018
Final update. NGF.
  • Jun 21, 2023 Oath Date.
  • May 29, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship oath New update
  • Apr 4, 2023 LPP updated
  • Feb 27, 2023Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 17, 2023 Citizenship test
  • Oct 28, 2022Background verification
  • Apr 25, 2022AOR
  • Apr 5,2022 Application submitted online

rizwan23arif

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
Final update. NGF.
  • Jun 21, 2023 Oath Date.
  • May 29, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship oath New update
  • Apr 4, 2023 LPP updated
  • Feb 27, 2023Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Feb 17, 2023 Citizenship test
  • Oct 28, 2022Background verification
  • Apr 25, 2022AOR
  • Apr 5,2022 Application submitted online
Lots of congratulations :)

Sohaib89

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
I asked NGF office to opt me in the e-certificate option and they agreed. Sent an email to the email ID mentioned in the oath form and they replied within 1 hour.

nraj

Oct 9, 2018
I asked NGF office to opt me in the e-certificate option and they agreed. Sent an email to the email ID mentioned in the oath form and they replied within 1 hour.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will try to collect E certificate . Would they be still sending copy of certificate in the mail if we choose e certificate ?

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Am I the only one stuck at the test complete phase? I finished the test on March 10. No update after that. :(

Vratesh

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Am I the only one stuck at the test complete phase? I finished the test on March 10. No update after that. :(
No you are not. There are quite a few applicants with March test date waiting for LPP. I completed my test on March 24th (updated in the system March 27th). Still waiting on LPP completion.