+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Niagara Falls IRCC Office - Join this thread

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Hi everyone. Just wanted some insight into my situation if anyone could help.

I had my oath scheduled for April 23rd, but because of the strike, it was cancelled. It is now June but I have still not received a new date. Is anyone experiencing anything similar?

For context, I am from Windsor. Thank you!
from what I have seen, everyone who had ceremony cancelled already did/or is scheduled for the ceremony.

what does you tracker say? Why dont you give IRCC a call?

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
My BG has shown complete since May 2022 then this week it went back to in process on Monday back to complete on Wednesday then back to in process today. Do they know what they are doing? When does complete mean complete? Very frustrating.

haaahmere

Jun 9, 2023
from what I have seen, everyone who had ceremony cancelled already did/or is scheduled for the ceremony.

what does you tracker say? Why dont you give IRCC a call?
HI! Thank you for your reply. I have given them a call, they just keep saying keep an eye on your email. They have been saying this for 1.5 months now. not sure where to go from here.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
HI! Thank you for your reply. I have given them a call, they just keep saying keep an eye on your email. They have been saying this for 1.5 months now. not sure where to go from here.
this is sad. I assume there is nothing on your tracker? you should email the office and ask for the date. Use the email from the Oath invite you got last time and ask when can you expect to be rescheduled.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My BG has shown complete since May 2022 then this week it went back to in process on Monday back to complete on Wednesday then back to in process today. Do they know what they are doing? When does complete mean complete? Very frustrating.
Did you get fingerprint request in the past?

haaahmere

Jun 9, 2023
this is sad. I assume there is nothing on your tracker? you should email the office and ask for the date. Use the email from the Oath invite you got last time and ask when can you expect to be rescheduled.
Yes nothing on the tracker. Just says the citizenship oath in progress. Been like this since it was cancelled. I have sent emails, never heard back... even sent physical hard copy mail to them. Same answer, keep an eye on your email, but you have not been scheduled yet.

MM2019

Nov 13, 2019
Except for an FP soon. Happened to my spouse as well. No FP requested for the first time when BG was completed.

Liz C

Oct 11, 2016
Applied June '22, completed the test on Mar 10 (updated Mar 20)

LPP still in progress since then

I had a couple of out of country trips, so maybe it's not easy to calculate Physical Presence

SeniorSpouse

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Did you get fingerprint request in the past?
Yes I submitted fingerprints May 2, 2022 BG completed May 24, 2022 then BG in Progress June 2, 2023 then BG completed June 5, 2023 then BG in Progress June 7, 2023. I’ve not received a second fingerprint request.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes I submitted fingerprints May 2, 2022 BG completed May 24, 2022 then BG in Progress June 2, 2023 then BG completed June 5, 2023 then BG in Progress June 7, 2023. I’ve not received a second fingerprint request.
FP is valid for year. It expires after that. They will ask you to do it again.