+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

wink

May 25, 2021
I only made single appointment at Whirlpool Bridge, at Niagara Falls, NY
At this centre both CBP and CBSA officers were there
Choose the centre and quite likely at the centre both officers will be available
Thanks. Yes, I took an appointment at this (Pembina) EC.
Just one more question, just carrying the passport is enough or should carry any other documents? I don't see anything mentioned in this regard on the website. Thanks.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks. Yes, I took an appointment at this (Pembina) EC.
Just one more question, just carrying the passport is enough or should carry any other documents? I don't see anything mentioned in this regard on the website. Thanks.
Passport, printout of the appointment..
If you want to them to make some changes to the application you can mention them during the interview.

Reactions: wink

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Has anyone applied for Nexus in Oct/Nov 2023? What are the timelines for Conditional approval?

wink

May 25, 2021
Thanks Abbas.
Had my interview today and got approved and surprisingly they did not ask why do i need it.
The cbsa officer went through laundry list of dos and don'ts as a nexus card user. couldn't follow much of it (as the she said it like the auctioneers), but as i know few things already i am okay. but she something about global entry while flying into the US, which i would like to understand it better. though she asked any question, i just let it go...

As I understand I am given Global Entry membership also, which is good. But is there anything i should be aware when flying to the US from elsewhere. like what i should do or shouldn't as a Canadian citizen? different from what the US citizens do at the airports? the GE info guide talks about only US citizens. The cbsa officer said something about it but i couldn't follow her.
Thanks.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Had my interview today and got approved and surprisingly they did not ask why do i need it.
The cbsa officer went through laundry list of dos and don'ts as a nexus card user. couldn't follow much of it (as the she said it like the auctioneers), but as i know few things already i am okay. but she something about global entry while flying into the US, which i would like to understand it better. though she asked any question, i just let it go...

As I understand I am given Global Entry membership also, which is good. But is there anything i should be aware when flying to the US from elsewhere. like what i should do or shouldn't as a Canadian citizen? different from what the US citizens do at the airports? the GE info guide talks about only US citizens. The cbsa officer said something about it but i couldn't follow her.
Thanks.
Congratulations. Your timelines please??

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas

Thanks.
Congrats. Nexus is stricter than GE so if you follow its rules, you should be good with GE. Frankly, I can't imagine traveling between Canada and the USA without Nexus, especially during the holidays which is when I usually travel. So, enjoy the privilege.

Reactions: wink

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
Congratulations. Your timelines please??
Won't make a difference what his/her timelines are. The (not) funny thing about NEXUS/GE is that it is completely random. Infants under one year old could wait months for conditional approval while prime age people with lots of (questionable) travel history get it in hours or days. There's no rhyme or reason to how it works. Best thing is to get it out of your mind till you receive that status update email. It's convenient and good to have but not critical for travel.

Reactions: swan0206

stellar79

Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
31-05-2018
Interview........
No
Hi guys,
I got conditional approval today. I applied in march this year. What do i do next? I live in edmonton. Do i just walk in the airport for interview (next available date available is tomorrow)? Or do i need to book a flight to USA to get my both interviews done

wink

May 25, 2021
I see the following lines on CBP website (https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus/card):

You cannot use your NEXUS card at Global Entry kiosks/portals outside of Canadian Preclearance locations. At all other ports, you will need to use your passport or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident card.

So we cannot use GE kiosks if we are flying into the US from other countries (i.e. countries other than Canada)?