+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I see the following lines on CBP website (https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/nexus/card):

You cannot use your NEXUS card at Global Entry kiosks/portals outside of Canadian Preclearance locations. At all other ports, you will need to use your passport or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident card.

So we cannot use GE kiosks if we are flying into the US from other countries (i.e. countries other than Canada)?
If you have GE(which is usually approved with Nexus) you can use that at airports outside US/CAN when you are flying into the US if that airport has a pre-clearance https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/airports-with-global-entry

Venki7

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Applied in March and got conditionally approved just last week. So it took around 10 months...
My wife, minor daughter and myself we applied for Nexus in March on same day and my wife got conditional approval on Dec first week and we are still waiting for myself and daughter. Not sure when we can expect and why there is a gap

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
My wife, minor daughter and myself we applied for Nexus in March on same day and my wife got conditional approval on Dec first week and we are still waiting for myself and daughter. Not sure when we can expect and why there is a gap
this has been discussed many times - it's luck of the draw. we applied in Feb and got conditionally approved in November - my son and I got approved on a Tuesday and my wife on a Thursday same week. as for the gap, these are all separate applications and nexus is non-urgent. Dunno if they use FIFO.

Last edited:

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
1st NEXUS Application: October 2022
ATIP Request (CBSA): Initial Risk Assessment passed and pending US decision since June 2023
CBP Response in January 2024: We are currently experiencing high demand and processing volumes. Processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed as follows:
• GE: up to 12 months
• NEXUS: 18-20 months
• SENTRI: 18-20 months
These are average times. Unfortunately, we cannot anticipate a date of completion for your specific application at this time.
All applicants should check the Trusted Traveler Program website (https://ttp.dhs.gov/) periodically for updates or status of their application.
Additionally, If you submit a renewal application before your membership expires, you will be able to continue to use benefits after your membership expiration date. We recommend that you print out a copy of your pending renewal to show the Customs and Border Protection Officer, if requested.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
ATIP Request (CBSA): Initial Risk Assessment passed and pending US decision since June 2023
CBP Response in January 2024: We are currently experiencing high demand and processing volumes. Processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed as follows:
These are average times. Unfortunately, we cannot anticipate a date of completion for your specific application at this time.
All applicants should check the Trusted Traveler Program website (https://ttp.dhs.gov/) periodically for updates or status of their application.
Additionally, If you submit a renewal application before your membership expires, you will be able to continue to use benefits after your membership expiration date. We recommend that you print out a copy of your pending renewal to show the Customs and Border Protection Officer, if requested.
you applied in Oct 2022 and it's still pending conditional approval? that's 15 months now. also their website says Nexus 12-14 months while this post of yours mentions 18-20 months.

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
you applied in Oct 2022 and it's still pending conditional approval? that's 15 months now. also their website says Nexus 12-14 months while this post of yours mentions 18-20 months.
Yes. I sent an enquiry after I had waited for 14 months (as it's said 12-14 months on their website) and got this response that 18-20 months for NEXUS now.
I also searched for this information and got this. https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Article-1885?language=en_US

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
I got Conditional approval for my Nexus application dated April 2023 on 30th Jan 2024 (yesterday). I was able to book an appointment for today, 31st Jan 2024, at Fort Eire. It was an easy process, but I had to drive to the US Nexus office at PeaceBridge (US side) after my Canadian verification at the Canada side (central Ave office). The application is approved, and waiting for the Nexus card, which they said will take a few weeks. Thanks.

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I got Conditional approval for my Nexus application dated April 2023 on 30th Jan 2023 (yesterday). I was able to book an appointment for today, 31st Jan 2023, at Fort Eire. It was an easy process, but I had to drive to the US Nexus office at PeaceBridge (US side) after my Canadian verification at the Canada side (central Ave office). The application is approved, and waiting for the Nexus card, which they said will take a few weeks. Thanks.
Still living in 2023 ;)

• Haha
Reactions: vkbca and sri88

idavid

Nov 6, 2019
Finally got conditional approval notice today after 15 months of waiting since Oct. 2022 and booked an appointment at Niagara Falls in next week.