+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next steps after eCopr?

Simran9524

Mar 14, 2020
You need to change your SIN from temporary to permanent - you can do this online or physically. Check service Canada website - change status.

for OHIP, it’s the same. You have to go to service Ontario and submit a change of status form. Your COPR should be accepted as proof that you’re already a PR.
Hi
I got my eCOPR from web portal and it doesn't have officer signature
Can you please tell how can I apply SIN with it?
Thanks

Simran9524

Mar 14, 2020
No. The process is complete.
As net steps, please apply for SIN number aftre signing the eCOPR and uploading the signed document. And update OHIP health card,
Hi
I got my eCOPR from web portal and it doesn't have officer signature
Can you please tell how can I apply SIN with it?
Thanks

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Sorry, I'm being a bit annoying.... I just saw a couple of comments about some people singing their ecoprs and mailing it along with their photos to the visa offices where their coprs issued.

I only downloaded my photo in the portal email and put my residential address. I tried to call the CIC agent but couldn't get through them. Should I sign or mail something?

Please advise.

Thanks,
F.S
I don’t know what those applicants’ situation are or when did they receive their COPR. If you’re an inland applicant, the process ends when your receive your eCOPR via PR confirmation portal. That’s it. If that’s how you got your eCOPR, that’s the end of it.

Fergie_shalom

Jan 5, 2021
I don’t know what those applicants’ situation are or when did they receive their COPR. If you’re an inland applicant, the process ends when your receive your eCOPR via PR confirmation portal. That’s it. If that’s how you got your eCOPR, that’s the end of it.
You were right! I called the IRCC agent today and she told me the same. Just to be patient and wait for the physical cards.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your replies :).

Best,
F.S

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Guys. Here are some points to clear confusion. Hope this helps --
1. eCOPR with a officer signature on page two completes the PR application process with IRCC. Its an official document that you need to print sign, scan and keep it safe (of course, you can always print and sign it in future but I suggest to do so now). Your PR card application is a new process with a new application number starting with R,,,, PR card is useful mainly to travel outside Canada (and return). You DO NOT need to send eCOPR anywhere (except for applying for PR card and that too in the offline route i.e sending physical photos to IRCC)

2. Apply for SIN. You can apply online and wait for 15 days. You can also walkin to a Service Canada office and walkout in 15 min with a new SIN letter. Do not forget the fact that you need to apply for SIN for the minors a well. They qualify for their permanent SIN once they are PR.

NOTE: Strongly suggest walkin. A SIN lost in transit gives chills and headaches. The person who stole the letter will readily know -- Your SIN number, full name and address. All he needs is a picture of you and date of birth to commit fraudulent activity. Not worth this risk. I applied online but luckily received it after 2 weeks, in Ontario.

3. Goto Service Ontario or your provincial office to get the health card updated. This will update your status with them and everything will be in order. If you apply for a new drivers license at the same time as health card, it will allow you to renew both at the same time in future (and online) if you are in Ontario. New health card will be valid up to 5 years.

4. Apply for new my CRA account to apply for and track your taxes, CCB etc.

5. Inform your employer of the new SIN ASAP. Make sure you password protect your SIN scan pdf and share password and SIN letter separately and only with the HR person.

6. Inform all your banks and investment accounts etc. They are the ones who will update your SIN with the credit reporting agencies. So, do it ASAP.

7. Apply for my Service Canada account to track EI etc.

eCOPR without officer signature on page 2 is worthless. You will need to raise a webform to get this corrected ASAP.
IMPORTANT : Even if you get PR cards, COPR is very important and is mandatory to apply for citizenship. It is also required when you apply for other old age benefits (even if Canadian citizen), renounce your citizenship (Eg: India). Please make sure your COPR is signed. The validity on COPR ends 1 year after the medical test (of the first family member who passed the test first) and the validity is immaterial if you are inland. But because of how the govt. officials work (across the world), do get your SIN, cards etc. before your COPR expires.

Hope this helps. Hit a like so that I know :)

Last edited:

Fergie_shalom

Jan 5, 2021
1. eCOPR with a officer signature completes the PR application process with IRCC. Its an official document that you need to print sign, scan and keep it safe (of course, you can always print and sign it in future but I suggest to do so now). Your PR card application is a new process with a new application number starting with R,,,, PR card is useful mainly to travel outside Canada (and return)

2. Apply for SIN. You can apply online and wait for 15 days. You can also walkin to a Service Canada office and walkout in 15 min with a new SIN letter. Do not forget the fact that you need to apply for SIN for the minors a well. They qualify for their permanent SIN once they are PR.

NOTE: Strongly suggest walkin. A SIN lost in transit gives chills and headaches. The person who stole the letter will readily know -- Your SIN number, full name and address. All he needs is a picture of you and date of birth to commit fraudulent activity. Not worth this risk. I applied online but luckily received it after 2 weeks, in Ontario.

3. Goto Service Ontario or your provincial office to get the health card updated. This will update your status with them and everything will be in order. If you apply for a new drivers license at the same time as health card, it will allow you to renew both at the same time in future (and online) if you are in Ontario. New health card will be valid up to 5 years.

5. Inform your employer of the new SIN ASAP. Make sure you password protect your SIN scan pdf and share password and SIN letter separately and only with the HR person.

6. Inform all your banks and investment accounts etc. They are the ones who will update your SIN with the credit reporting agencies. So, do it ASAP.

eCOPR without officer signature on page 2 is worthless. You will need to raise a webform to get this corrected ASAP.
IMPORTANT : Even if you get PR cards, COPR is very important and is mandatory to apply for citizenship. It is also required when you apply for other old age benefits, renounce your citizenship (Eg: India). Please make sure your COPR is signed. The validity on COPR ends 1 year after the medical test (of the first family member who passed the test first) and is immaterial if you are inland.

Hope this helps.
YOU ARE AMAZING!!! THANKS A LOT!!!!

• Love
Reactions: phanikiran.kara

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
1. eCOPR with a officer signature on page two completes the PR application process with IRCC. Its an official document that you need to print sign, scan and keep it safe (of course, you can always print and sign it in future but I suggest to do so now). Your PR card application is a new process with a new application number starting with R,,,, PR card is useful mainly to travel outside Canada (and return). You DO NOT need to send eCOPR anywhere (except for applying for PR card and that too in the offline route i.e sending physical photos to IRCC)

IMPORTANT : Even if you get PR cards, COPR is very important and is mandatory to apply for citizenship. It is also required when you apply for other old age benefits (even if Canadian citizen), renounce your citizenship (Eg: India). Please make sure your COPR is signed. The validity on COPR ends 1 year after the medical test (of the first family member who passed the test first) and the validity is immaterial if you are inland. But because of how the govt. officials work (across the world), do get your SIN, cards etc. before your COPR expires.

For your third point, I live in BC so I went to ICBC with COPR and they said that they would need physical copy of PR card to update my health card and licenses. I don't know if Service Ontario is accepting COPR to update the other cards.

Fourth point, did you contact the CRA or did you apply online? I thought we should contact CRA to update our SIN number.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
For your third point, I live in BC so I went to ICBC with COPR and they said that they would need physical copy of PR card to update my health card and licenses. I don't know if Service Ontario is accepting COPR to update the other cards.

Fourth point, did you contact the CRA or did you apply online? I thought we should contact CRA to update our SIN number.
For Service Ontario, they definitely accept COPR/eCOPR. BC should not do this as COPR is an official document. You might have come across some third-party ICBC (yes, not all of them are run by govt. most outsourced).

You dont contact CRA at all. You goto Service Canada and walk out with SIN. You can also apply online (slower and prone to identity theft). After you get your SIN, create a new my CRA account.

Reactions: CripplingYogi194

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
For Service Ontario, they definitely accept COPR/eCOPR. BC should not do this as COPR is an official document. You might have come across some third-party ICBC (yes, not all of them are run by govt. most outsourced).

You dont contact CRA at all. You goto Service Canada and walk out with SIN. You can also apply online (slower and prone to identity theft). After you get your SIN, create a new my CRA account.
Just FYI, there are no third-party ICBCs in BC for govt work.

Thanks for the clarification on the CRA thing.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Just FYI, there are no third-party ICBCs in BC for govt work.

Thanks for the clarification on the CRA thing.
The first point, you never know the details as a common person. Even I thought so until I visited the smaller Service Ontario offices. They clarified these things that their office is regulated by govt. but owned by private folks. So, they have no way to access your Federal data and hence they just turn people away. In Ontario they designated 10-15 specific service Ontario offices where you can walkin with COPR and get the work done. I went to one of those direct govt. run offices and they accepted my eCOPR.

U r welcome.

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
The first point, you never know the details as a common person. Even I thought so until I visited the smaller Service Ontario offices. They clarified these things that their office is regulated by govt. but owned by private folks. So, they have no way to access your Federal data and hence they just turn people away. In Ontario they designated 10-15 specific service Ontario offices where you can walkin with COPR and get the work done. I went to one of those direct govt. run offices and they accepted my eCOPR.

U r welcome.
Mmm... Interesting...

s-ingh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018

Hi

For BC, you need to raise an online MSP change request first regarding change of status in Canada. ICBC can't do it directly for you.

Then , within 21 business days you will get a letter from HIBC informing you to go to the nearest ICBC office for a photo click.

They will use this photo to send you a photo BC services card at your address.

However, for driver's license, you can walk-in directly at nearest ICBC centre and get your driver's license extended with eCOPR.

I hope it helps!!

s-ingh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018

Thanks alot for your efforts in unifying this info for all.

However, for 2nd point, Service Canada doesn't allow walk-ins for SIN confirmation letters across all provinces in Canada due to Covid-19. They consider it a "non-essential " service (based upon my conversation with a service canada rep over the phone).
For example, in BC, you have no option other than applying online for a SIN letter. It takes 8-10 business days to arrive. Walk-ins are closed for SIN letters.

For 6th point, what specific info do we need to give to banks regarding change of status and what's the procedure? I mean do we need to provide any documents etc to bank? It would be helpful if you can share some info on it.

Thanks in advance!!

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
Hi

For BC, you need to raise an online MSP change request first regarding change of status in Canada. ICBC can't do it directly for you.

Then , within 21 business days you will get a letter from HIBC informing you to go to the nearest ICBC office for a photo click.

They will use this photo to send you a photo BC services card at your address.

However, for driver's license, you can walk-in directly at nearest ICBC centre and get your driver's license extended with eCOPR.

I hope it helps!!
Thanks brother. That really helps.