+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next steps after eCopr?

JuCanada

Feb 15, 2023
Hi everybody,

I got my eCOPR last week, printed off the client copy and got my new SIN and Health Card.

Does anybody know if I have to do anything with either the eCOPR IRCC or Client copy, apart from signing the client copy for my use? In other words, do I have to send a signed copy back to IRCC or something?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Last edited:

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi everybody,

I got my eCOPR last week, printed off the client copy and got my new SIN and Health Card.

Does anybody know if I have to do anything with either the eCOPR IRCC or Client copy, apart from signing the client copy for my use? In other words, do I have to send a signed copy back to IRCC or something?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
No just keep a copy for later use in citizenship application. Congratulations

Savreet kaur

Sep 8, 2018
Hii
I got my ecopr few days ago. Today while updating my SIN , I forgot to sign on my ecopr. Will there be any issue ?

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Actually , I just uploaded the copr without my signatures for the SIN application so there’s no issue???
I just said no! Your signature is only required as the per instructions given to you. It must be signed when you are applying for citizenship and pension. That's your only worry.

Ragavan S

Jun 18, 2022
If your new PR card isn’t ready before you leave, you can still travel but you need a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada by commercial vehicle. You can only apply for a PRTD from outside Canada.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1458&top=10
Hi,

I am in similar situation as you. Have you travelled outside of Canada and applied for PRTD in India. If yes, Could you please let me know the processing time for PRTD in India.

Thanks

Ragavan S

Jun 18, 2022
@Navitaly @matteosc I am in the same situation. I got my eCOPR on Jan 11th. I don't have my PR card but looks like its going to take atleast a couple of months from eCOPR date. My TRV was renewed recently on Jan 6th and is valid until 2029. I have travel plans to leave the country on Jan 30th. I cannot postpone or cancel this. I am hoping the validity of my visa will allow me to enter Canada. The timing is coincidental where both TRV and eCOPR arrived around the same time. I did not plan this and considering I don't have a natural travel document as a PR, I am hoping my TRV can fill the gap. It sounds fair to me but cannot find much documentation online.
Hi,

I am in similar situation as you. Have you travelled outside of Canada and applied for PRTD in India. If yes, Could you please let me know the processing time for PRTD in India.

Thanks

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
@Navitaly @matteosc I am in the same situation. I got my eCOPR on Jan 11th. I don't have my PR card but looks like its going to take atleast a couple of months from eCOPR date. My TRV was renewed recently on Jan 6th and is valid until 2029. I have travel plans to leave the country on Jan 30th. I cannot postpone or cancel this. I am hoping the validity of my visa will allow me to enter Canada. The timing is coincidental where both TRV and eCOPR arrived around the same time. I did not plan this and considering I don't have a natural travel document as a PR, I am hoping my TRV can fill the gap. It sounds fair to me but cannot find much documentation online.
Hi were you allowed back into the country?

blackvvine

Oct 28, 2021
Hey everyone, I got my eCOPR a couple of weeks ago and I'm trying to apply for updating my SIN number. The application form seems to have changed and at the bottom of the first page, after answering "Yes" to "Have you ever had a SIN?" the following question appears:

> Select the type of application you wish to submit: (required)

The options are:
  1. Request a first Social Insurance Number
  2. Update or correct a SIN record
  3. Request the confirmation of an existing SIN
  4. Register a legal change of name
  5. Change the status on a SIN record
  6. Extend the expiry date of a 900-series SIN
  7. Other

Can you help me choose between 2 and 5?

JuCanada

Feb 15, 2023
Hey!

If you are getting a new SIN number as your current one is a “9” number, then you got to choose option 5.

You are updating your status in your SIN record. From international student/worker to permanent resident.

Hope this helps :)

Hey everyone, I got my eCOPR a couple of weeks ago and I'm trying to apply for updating my SIN number. The application form seems to have changed and at the bottom of the first page, after answering "Yes" to "Have you ever had a SIN?" the following question appears:

> Select the type of application you wish to submit: (required)

The options are:
  1. Request a first Social Insurance Number
  2. Update or correct a SIN record
  3. Request the confirmation of an existing SIN
  4. Register a legal change of name
  5. Change the status on a SIN record
  6. Extend the expiry date of a 900-series SIN
  7. Other

Can you help me choose between 2 and 5?