+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next steps after eCopr?

fohu44

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
@Navitaly @matteosc I am in the same situation. I got my eCOPR on Jan 11th. I don't have my PR card but looks like its going to take atleast a couple of months from eCOPR date. My TRV was renewed recently on Jan 6th and is valid until 2029. I have travel plans to leave the country on Jan 30th. I cannot postpone or cancel this. I am hoping the validity of my visa will allow me to enter Canada. The timing is coincidental where both TRV and eCOPR arrived around the same time. I did not plan this and considering I don't have a natural travel document as a PR, I am hoping my TRV can fill the gap. It sounds fair to me but cannot find much documentation online.
If your new PR card isn’t ready before you leave, you can still travel but you need a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada by commercial vehicle. You can only apply for a PRTD from outside Canada.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1458&top=10

pdars2023

Jan 11, 2023
Hey guys, Hope you’re all doing well. I have one question for you guys. I am Inland spousal applicant and I recently received my ecopr. Can anyone confirm if “IRCC copy” section of ecopr contains Officer signature or My photograph printed on it ?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hey guys, Hope you’re all doing well. I have one question for you guys. I am Inland spousal applicant and I recently received my ecopr. Can anyone confirm if “IRCC copy” section of ecopr contains Officer signature or My photograph printed on it ?
Sorry explain what you mean, did not got it???

pdars2023

Jan 11, 2023
Sorry explain what you mean, did not got it???
Hey Taran, Really sorry about confusing message.

So my ecopr has 2 pages, first page is for IRCC (it says IRCC copy at the end). second page is for the applicant(it says client copy at the end of the page).

My question is that my first page(IRCC copy) has empty box for photograph and it doesn't have signature of the Officer. Should I be worry about this ?

However, second page of ecopr (Client Copy) has digital sign of the officer.

I am Inland Spousal PR applicant :) Thanks in advance.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hey Taran, Really sorry about confusing message.

So my ecopr has 2 pages, first page is for IRCC (it says IRCC copy at the end). second page is for the applicant(it says client copy at the end of the page).

My question is that my first page(IRCC copy) has empty box for photograph and it doesn't have signature of the Officer. Should I be worry about this ?

However, second page of ecopr (Client Copy) has digital sign of the officer.

I am Inland Spousal PR applicant :) Thanks in advance.
Ok, first of all congrats.
I did not knew much about 2 copies, what I did I printed the one with the officer' s signature, signed it and got SIN and health card. The other one I printed it as it is.

pdars2023

Jan 11, 2023
Ok, first of all congrats.
I did not knew much about 2 copies, what I did I printed the one with the officer' s signature, signed it and got SIN and health card. The other one I printed it as it is.
Gonna do the same, Thanks a lot for confirming

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hello everyone! After receiving ECOPR do we need to send our passports for visa?
If you received eCoPR it means that you are already physically in Canada. Once you receive it you are a permanent resident and you do not need or can have a visa (or a ETA). You have however to prove your status, which you can do with your PR card once you receive it. Before that you can prove your PR status with the eCoPR, but be careful: it will not allow you to come back to Canada if you leave the country! Only exception is crossing from US with a private vehicle.

Cie-cie

Feb 2, 2023
Hi friends. Can someone please help me answer this? I got my ecopr, do i need to apply for a pr card or just wait for them to send me?