Guys. Here are some points to clear confusion. Hope this helps --
1. eCOPR with a officer signature on page two completes the PR application process with IRCC. Its an official document that you need to print sign, scan and keep it safe (of course, you can always print and sign it in future but I suggest to do so now). Your PR card application is a new process with a new application number starting with R,,,, PR card is useful mainly to travel outside Canada (and return). You DO NOT need to send eCOPR anywhere (except for applying for PR card and that too in the offline route i.e sending physical photos to IRCC)
2. Apply for SIN. You can apply online and wait for 15 days. You can also walkin to a Service Canada office and walkout in 15 min with a new SIN letter. Do not forget the fact that you need to apply for SIN for the minors a well. They qualify for their permanent SIN once they are PR.
Strongly suggest walkin. A SIN lost in transit gives chills and headaches. The person who stole the letter will readily know -- Your SIN number, full name and address. All he needs is a picture of you and date of birth to commit fraudulent activity. Not worth this risk. I applied online but luckily received it after 2 weeks, in Ontario.
3. Goto Service Ontario or your provincial office to get the health card updated. This will update your status with them and everything will be in order. If you apply for a new drivers license at the same time as health card, it will allow you to renew both at the same time in future (and online) if you are in Ontario. New health card will be valid up to 5 years.
4. Apply for new my CRA account to apply for and track your taxes, CCB etc.
5. Inform your employer of the new SIN ASAP. Make sure you password protect your SIN scan pdf and share password and SIN letter separately and only with the HR person.
6. Inform all your banks and investment accounts etc. They are the ones who will update your SIN with the credit reporting agencies. So, do it ASAP.
7. Apply for my Service Canada account to track EI etc.
eCOPR without officer signature on page 2 is worthless. You will need to raise a webform to get this corrected ASAP.
IMPORTANT : Even if you get PR cards, COPR is very important and is mandatory to apply for citizenship. It is also required when you apply for other old age benefits (even if Canadian citizen), renounce your citizenship (Eg: India). Please make sure your COPR is signed. The validity on COPR ends 1 year after the medical test (of the first family member who passed the test first) and the validity is immaterial if you are inland. But because of how the govt. officials work (across the world), do get your SIN, cards etc. before your COPR expires.
Hope this helps. Hit a like so that I know