+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newyork, NY file inquiry.. plz help

kinnari

May 18, 2011
Hi Yesterday I received email in which they asked me to submit my passport to Newyork, Newyork office. But, it was also mentioned that

Do not submit your passports at this time if:
You have married or divorced since our last correspondence
or
You have given birth to or adopted a child since our last correspondence
or
You intend to get married or divorced prior to your landing in Canada
or
If you intend to give birth to or adopt a child prior to your landing in Canada
(if you are expecting a child and are able to land in Canada before the child is born, you should
do so. Failure to land before additional dependants are born will result in the need for a new
application and a new fees for all family members.)

If the above conditions apply:
Your new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and undergo full processing procedures:
You should immediately send to this office:
a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate
or
a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to
take place.

Failure to follow these instructions:If you fail to follow these instructions you will not be allowed to land in Canada with
your family.
Your file is closed with the issuance of your visa and it cannot be reopened.
You will be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees for all
family members.​
Actually, I did my medical in November 2010 but I went to back home to get married in February 2011 and came back after one month. After coming to canada, I sent Newyork office one letter informing them about my change of marital status along with marriage certificate. I sent it through fax and by their online case-specific enquiry form.

My question is that Now what should i do now? Can I submit my passport or not? If not then what will happen??

My husband is not in canada and I am here on work permit so what should i do?? Newyork office does not have phone number where i can contact them and they are not replying me by email. I called today at 1-888-242-2100 but they said they cannot advise me on it as my file is in abroad.

Please help me. Thanks a lot in advance.

parulkrish

Oct 19, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 26,2010
AOR Received.
March 09,2010
File Transfer...
August 04/2010 to New York, IN process 30/08/10
Med's Request
November 8, 2010
Med's Done....
December 6, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
HI,

Pls use this E-mail to send inquiry: newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

you will get response withing 48 hrs

kinnari

May 18, 2011
Hi Parulkrish,

Thanks for help. Actually, I already emailed them on this email address but have not got any response yet. If you have any idea, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Your case can be delayed by 3-4 months. Applicant are suppose to send VO updated forms for principle applicant and required forms for partner+plus picture+passport+education certificate+Birth Certificate and all other info required by VO (as you are on work permit no need for fund proof) In reply NY VO will send principle applicant (in t his case you) a med request for your husband, I will advice you to ask your husband to contact local DMP to undergo medicals in advance he just need your file number and VO location, this might save you time. VO office will ask you for all these things if you want to sponsor your partner later on into Canada. So, make sure you act quickly.

Good luck

kinnari

May 18, 2011
Hi Thanks

But my question is that Do I need to submit my passport right now or just send letter mentioning that I am married to this person along with my marriage certificate?

Please do advise me.

Thanks,