+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newly landed Pakistani immigrants in Toronto join here please!

kalimorian

Jan 17, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 March 2011
Doc's Request.
In-Process 18 june, 2012
AOR Received.
24 june,2011
File Transfer...
24 june,2011
Med's Request
18 aug,2012
Med's Done....
28 aug,2012, line on e-case 10,sep,12
Passport Req..
PPR1 3rd Jan,13 PPR2 7FEB,13
VISA ISSUED...
14th Feb,13
LANDED..........
soon
cocknbull said:
Dear All,

AOA. I completed my landing yesterday smoothly Alhumdulillah, no problems. Though PIA flight was pretty long and tiring (14 hours direct flight from Islamabad to Toronto). Main points to note

1) You will be given a declaration card on plane while it is about to land in Toronto. Here is the card

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

Have a look how to fill, instructions are on left how to fill this card. Tick yes

I am bringing in to Canada Currency and/or monetary instruments totaling
CAN$10,000 or more. Rest answers are no...

2) At first immigration point your declaration card and status will be checked and card will be marked and you will be sent to another immigration counter. He will put details in system, ask for Canadian address to send PR card and ask you to sign COPR paper and stamp COPR paper. He asked me in end how much money I am carrying, I replied $11453, he put down in his system but didn't ask me to show that.

3) He told me to meet people at next point and as a new immigrant some leaflets and books were given and was greeted.

4) Now comes the baggage collection, check the aisle displaying your flight no and pick your luggage. You can also hire a porter. I hired one. They charge $10 for 2 bags.

5) Next step is important if you are carrying goods to carry and goods to follow list, you will meet a custom official and tell him yes I am carrying such list. He will send you to a different custom officials who will check the list and can ask questions. I had 2 copies of goods to carry list only and not to follow. She stamped my B4 form and every page of list and kept one copy for herself and gave other to me, also a green form is attached. Remember only goods listed on goods to carry or follow list can be brought in to Canada without paying duty.

6) Thats it then, We are out. Its very cold here these days in Toronto , temperature was like -3 C when I went out. Remember if some one is not already waiting to pick you up and coming to pick you up better stay inside airport building and call him to come to some specific pillar no you can see from inside airport building like 32, 34, 36 etc because its freezing outside. When guy pulls up at that pillar no you can see from inside.

Landing done, thats all. PR card will follow in 35-36 days he told me.

Soon I will open up a bank account, apply for SIN card and buy a mobile sim....

Good luck to all preparing for landing..

Last point, I found Canada better than my expectations.... :)

Hayyy.. cock n Bull..
finally it a great news to hear you from Toronto.. I m soon Inshallaha landing ..
just quick..
how do you like overall.?
I hear weather and jobs are both in a bad condition.
as I m not coming with my Wife and kid. so should I leave there COPR documents with them? or should I brining it? i will submit it at immigration officer at Toronto? or means the COPR and client copy should come along with my wife when she will come or with me ?

Come-by-chance

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
staralihaider said:
Yesterday i passed canadian G driving test Allah ka shukar :)
Congratulations,

Grateful if you could share your experience, please advise what is the requirement for applying the Driving license?

Kindest regards,

zeecee

Oct 16, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
PER 11-JAN-2012
IELTS Request
8 band
File Transfer...
22 June 2012
Med's Request
30 August 2012
Med's Done....
21 October (3rd line)
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 18.03.2013 DM on 11.4.2013 waiting for PPR2
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
cocknbull said:
Dear All!

Based on my research I think "Chatr" is the best mobile network to choose in Canada economically at least according to my needs.

http://www.chatrwireless.com/web/chatr.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PlanBrowse

Reasons

If you take "$45 Unlimited Talk & Text plus International Call Saver" it gives you

1) Unlimited incoming calls
2) Unlimited outgoing Canada vide calling
3) unlimited incoming and outgoing texts in Canada and also Worldwide
4) Voice mail feature
5) Call display, call waiting, call forwarding
6) No contract
7) $10 bonus for first 8 months if you pay by credit card

Above all It will work in basement too because they use "Rogers Network" which is quite strong and any GSM phone with 850/1900 mHZ frequency and UNLOCKED will work.

Coverage is also good. It covers 6 big cities like Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver

If some one has better option please share...Thanks
Data services is also included in this package? ( internet)

Ghulam Hasnain

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
10-08-2010
IELTS Request
sent with docs (Avg 7)
File Transfer...
xx-07-2010
Med's Request
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012 and add docs RPRF received by LVO 8-05-2012, Add doc req for wife: 14-06-2012 Replied : 15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
(PPR 1)30-10-2012 8:49PM Docs sent (01-11-2012 Recvd. 05-11-2012), PPR2 email received on 16-11-2012 PPT Rcvd By CHC Isl 20-11-2012 PPT recvd back on 8-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2012
LANDED..........
13-03-2013
staralihaider said:
Yesterday i passed canadian G driving test Allah ka shukar :)
Dear Staralihaider;
I landed on 13th March 2013, rented an appartment in Condomenium Bldg in Scaraborough at $1500 per month with hydro my responsibility. It is a three bed room appartment with two washrooms and a very spacious living room so i am quite happy with it. last week I got my self busy in basic furnishing. My youngest son has already started going to school and my other son appeared in test for new commers pre assessment test before he can seek admission in high school. I got Roger's connection and family package of cell phone which gives us unlimited calls. homephone, internet and cable are not very expensive but cell phone package is approx $150 per month. Any ways, I need some help to obtain driving license and I was hoping if you may kindly provide some guidance. Me and my wife both have more than five year's driving experience and valid driving license. I have also obtained license authentication letter from Karcahi. Can u kindly help me in this regard. Pl. also let me know whether you have received PR and SIN cards and if you have applied for health card. if you have arranged for health insurance for the intervening period, how much did it cost u?. How do u intend to buy a car and which car you intend to buy / lease.

I shall be obliged.

Best Regards,

Hasnain

KhalidSubhan

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Previous islamabad)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 2009
File Transfer...
18 april, 2011
Med's Request
27th May, 2012
Med's Done....
June, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21st august 2012, PPR2: 21 sept, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16th oct
LANDED..........
22nd feb 2013
zeecee said:
same services from WIND with with 10 gb internet is $38 per month (including free outgoing sms outside canada)

The only draw back with wind: they dont iphone 5

FMK

Jul 21, 2010
kalimorian said:
Hayy.. Cock n bull...
Inshallah will join you in mid of april or end of it.. I'm glad to see you r landing to Toronto... Add me in the group.. Hopefully I will be at Richmond hill.. :D

[Welcome kalimorian, Keep in touch ]

FMK

Jul 21, 2010
KhalidSubhan said:
I am in toronto east york, i landed in feb, Anybody needs help please feel free to contact me

face book: kay subhan
hotmail: khalidsubhan @ hotmail.com
[Dear Khalid, AOA
Good to know that you are in, Welcome to Canada. I 'll be in touch with you by email, but first let me know if you have any information about manj bhai. Best wishes and good luck]

FMK

Jul 21, 2010
kml2706 said:
Great initiative cocknbull..appreciated

list me in..will be landing inshaaAllah mid of April

WS
[good work cocknbull, I am in too, we all-togehter might be any help to our countrymen if GOD willing. You are good, jazak ALLAH]

FMK

Jul 21, 2010
Ghulam Hasnain said:
Dear Staralihaider;
I landed on 13th March 2013, rented an appartment in Condomenium Bldg in Scaraborough at $1500 per month with hydro my responsibility. It is a three bed room appartment with two washrooms and a very spacious living room so i am quite happy with it. last week I got my self busy in basic furnishing. My youngest son has already started going to school and my other son appeared in test for new commers pre assessment test before he can seek admission in high school. I got Roger's connection and family package of cell phone which gives us unlimited calls. homephone, internet and cable are not very expensive but cell phone package is approx $150 per month. Any ways, I need some help to obtain driving license and I was hoping if you may kindly provide some guidance. Me and my wife both have more than five year's driving experience and valid driving license. I have also obtained license authentication letter from Karcahi. Can u kindly help me in this regard. Pl. also let me know whether you have received PR and SIN cards and if you have applied for health card. if you have arranged for health insurance for the intervening period, how much did it cost u?. How do u intend to buy a car and which car you intend to buy / lease.

I shall be obliged.

Best Regards,

Hasnain
[Welcom lMr. Hasnain. I am sure you'll get all answer from staralihaider, the right man for the job. I just welcome you all and wish you good luck.]

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Hasnain. Your PR card will be with you within 6 to 8 weeks. Sin within 2 weeks and health card can be applied only after 3 months of residence. As you have small kids so it would be better to get health insurance for 3 months. Go to your local service ontariio orfice who ll give you more info about ur driving exemptions.

Insurance-Broker

Apr 1, 2013
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just joined this forum and happy to help all newly landed countrymen. I will try my best to assist or guide based on my personal and professional experience.

Good luck & welcome to Canada!

Raheel

Ghulam Hasnain

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
10-08-2010
IELTS Request
sent with docs (Avg 7)
File Transfer...
xx-07-2010
Med's Request
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012 and add docs RPRF received by LVO 8-05-2012, Add doc req for wife: 14-06-2012 Replied : 15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
(PPR 1)30-10-2012 8:49PM Docs sent (01-11-2012 Recvd. 05-11-2012), PPR2 email received on 16-11-2012 PPT Rcvd By CHC Isl 20-11-2012 PPT recvd back on 8-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2012
LANDED..........
13-03-2013
ahmadtajwer said:
Hasnain. Your PR card will be with you within 6 to 8 weeks. Sin within 2 weeks and health card can be applied only after 3 months of residence. As you have small kids so it would be better to get health insurance for 3 months. Go to your local service ontariio orfice who ll give you more info about ur driving exemptions.
Thanks a lot ahmedtajwer. I shall be glad if you could also give your valuable advise on getting a job. I have registered my resume with Accountemps (Robert Half Canada Inc.). I am planning to attend IEP (Internationally Educated Professionals) Conference on 5th April 2013 at Metro Convention Centre in down town. I am interested in pursuing CGA designation alongside finding a job in my related accounting / finance profession.

I would like to advise forum friends to attend the conference by registering on following website http://www.iep.ca/

Best of luck to all.

Regards,

Hasnain

Ghulam Hasnain

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
10-08-2010
IELTS Request
sent with docs (Avg 7)
File Transfer...
xx-07-2010
Med's Request
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2012
LANDED..........
13-03-2013
FMK said:
Ghulam Hasnain said:
Dear Staralihaider;

I shall be obliged.

Best Regards,

Hasnain
[Welcom lMr. Hasnain. I am sure you'll get all answer from staralihaider, the right man for the job. I just welcome you all and wish you good luck.]
Thanks a lot FMK,

OWAISMOD

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
ISLAMABAD
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zeecee said:
zeecee have you gpt a notice from CIC for update police certificates?