+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newly landed Pakistani immigrants in Toronto join here please!

mech

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Inshallah
Dear Friends,

Please share your experinces about job hunt in Canada.

Thankx

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Hi,
We are landing on 6th April so in a process of completing B4 forms.we have GAL n GTF lists that we have already filled using the B4 form but separately.

Now I have got this B4A form through a link on this forum n that has created such a confusion.

We have filled B4 form for GTF list n attached with it separate excel sheets for the details of goods listed.

At the bottom of the table where goods are mentioned ,there is a space asking for additional list of goods with options of B4A form,moving inventory,other......what should we do with these options both in GTF n GAL ?

Is this B4A form for GAL or is that to be used for the purpose of what we have made separate excel sheets?
Like in GTF list we have mentioned the list of electronics,clothings,kitchenware,jewellery n for the details of each group we have made excel sheets e.g;one for electronics,one for jewellery.
So instead of making excel sheets,we should use B4A forms for each group?or B4A form for GAL?

I know n I really feel sorry that though this topic has been discussed so many times on this forum n thanks to qorax n other senior members who have put so much efforts to guide others but after completing this whole stuff ,I still have these confusions.....filling of this additional goods column n Use of B4A form.

Please if anyone can give some hint n help me in getting rid of these confusions....

Thanks.

Regards.

fahad_siddique

Nov 19, 2012
Dear all I am planning to land in Mid May 2013. After reading a lot abt Goods accompanying n goods to follow..it has made me more confused. I read on CIC website that these forms B4 n other one has to be filled by Officer at immigration. He will keep one and hand over a copy to u. We just have to list down our things on a paper.But I have heard our electrical appliances of asia don't work in Canada, so what people are bringing in goods to follow. Secondly my query is: if i m just bringing clothes, kitchen utensils, camera, laptop n mobile only..or some kitchen foods..do we still have to declare them?
I am confused a lot. Can any bro help me there?seniors plz help..

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
fahad_siddique said:
Dear all I am planning to land in Mid May 2013. After reading a lot abt Goods accompanying n goods to follow..it has made me more confused. I read on CIC website that these forms B4 n other one has to be filled by Officer at immigration. He will keep one and hand over a copy to u. We just have to list down our things on a paper.But I have heard our electrical appliances of asia don't work in Canada, so what people are bringing in goods to follow. Secondly my query is: if i m just bringing clothes, kitchen utensils, camera, laptop n mobile only..or some kitchen foods..do we still have to declare them?
I am confused a lot. Can any bro help me there?seniors plz help..
I would advise you to declare everything you can. Even if you don't individually identify things (e.g., kitchen utensils), it is better to include them on your list in broad-based categories, as it will help you later on. For things like jewelry, I strongly encourage you to take photographs of each item, include them on your list with descriptions and have the customs officer stamp the back of the photos. This ensures that if you ever carry the jewelry out of Canada (for vacations), you can bring it back without being taxed. Also, for any electronics, make sure that you B4 includes the serial numbers.

fahad_siddique

Nov 19, 2012
Dear Brother

Thank you so much for your reply. My laptop's serial number sticker was removed a few months back and I didn't bother at that time because it was already out of warranty. Does it affect??

Thanks for your valuable info..Stay Blessed

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
fahad_siddique said:
Dear Brother

Thank you so much for your reply. My laptop's serial number sticker was removed a few months back and I didn't bother at that time because it was already out of warranty. Does it affect??

Thanks for your valuable info..Stay Blessed
In that case, just describe it as best you can on the declaration form (b4). The more detailed it is, the better off you will be in the long run. I was not too specific the first time around and as a result, on a trip back from Pakistan, I was taxed on items in my luggage even though I had taken them from Canada.

Shaani

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
How long you stayed in your first visit, and how long it took you to get PR Card , SIN & Health Card? Did you wait to receive them or you came over to Pak!

Regards
Shaan

irfan74 said:
I also landed in toronto in Nov 2012 and after getting PR card, i return back and now planning to settle there in june

thnxs

irfan

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Hi Everyone
I plan to land in August in Toronto. Please tell me :-
1. Which area can I find cheap and good accommodation (short and long time both) ?
2. Should I bring a cell phone from Pakistan or buy from Toronto ?? Should I buy pre-paid connection on annual plan ??
3. How is crime rate in Toronto ?? Is it a safe city ??
4. How much cash can I bring from Pakistan while immigrating now ??
5. Last and most important, Is it worth it to move to Canada, if I one has a good job and settled life in Pakistan ??

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
ss1886 said:
Hi Everyone
I plan to land in August in Toronto. Please tell me :-
1. Which area can I find cheap and good accommodation (short and long time both) ?
2. Should I bring a cell phone from Pakistan or buy from Toronto ?? Should I buy pre-paid connection on annual plan ??
3. How is crime rate in Toronto ?? Is it a safe city ??
4. How much cash can I bring from Pakistan while immigrating now ??
5. Last and most important, Is it worth it to move to Canada, if I one has a good job and settled life in Pakistan ??
I've answered your questions with my own thoughts, and I'm sure others will add more information:

1. It depends on what you are looking for, your family size, whether you and your spouse will drive, etc. Take a look on mls.ca for long term rentals or on kijiji.ca or craigslist.ca for temporary, short term furnished accommodation

2. If you will sign a long term (3 year) postpaid contract here, the handsets are subsidized so you can get a phone for free. If you want to stay without a contract, or be get a pre-paid plan, then you should probably bring an unlocked phone as the phones offered on those plans are relatively low quality.

3. Like any other large city, there is definitely crime in Toronto. However, for the most part, it is reserved to certain pockets which would best be avoided. Most neighborhoods are very safe and there is no issue with kids playing outside or walking to school.

4. You can bring as much cash as you want. However, you have to declare if you are carrying amounts over $10,000 when you land.

5. This is entirely up to you and your objectives of coming to Canada. If you are trying to find a safe place to raise your family, then it is worth it. If you are looking for lots of money, then it may not be so attractive in the near term as jobs are hard to come by these days.

Majidqta

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Quetta, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
July 2012
IELTS Request
send with Docs
File Transfer...
13 Apr 2010
Med's Request
9 May 2012
Med's Done....
1 Jun 2012 Re-medical 3 Jul 13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
4 Oct 2013
I got via which expire 1 jun 13. So mid of may i have programe to fly forr canada. Is some me guide me to getting to how get divering lince? Is any test system and the website of dept.

fahad_siddique

Nov 19, 2012
torontosm said:
In that case, just describe it as best you can on the declaration form (b4). The more detailed it is, the better off you will be in the long run. I was not too specific the first time around and as a result, on a trip back from Pakistan, I was taxed on items in my luggage even though I had taken them from Canada.
thanx bro..its a big question mark..wht ever we can think to bring later to Canada will b taxed?its very difficult to decide now. As I will be coming for a few months this time to get PR card, driving license, and may be checking the market. I want to shift completely in 2014 as I have a good job here, I think for health card, we have to stay minimum for three months and then we are eligible to apply. And after getting the health card,still have to stay there for 153 days (plz correct me if I m wrong),
plz guide seniors..

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Majidqta said:
I got via which expire 1 jun 13. So mid of may i have programe to fly forr canada. Is some me guide me to getting to how get divering lince? Is any test system and the website of dept.
For Ontario:-
http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/Pages/default.aspx

First you have to appear in G1 (theory test) then if you have 4 or more than four years of experience from Pak you can directly go for G. Otherwise first do G2 then G.
For further details check below thread:-
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39566.0.html

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
torontosm said:
I've answered your questions with my own thoughts, and I'm sure others will add more information:

1. It depends on what you are looking for, your family size, whether you and your spouse will drive, etc. Take a look on mls.ca for long term rentals or on kijiji.ca or craigslist.ca for temporary, short term furnished accommodation

2. If you will sign a long term (3 year) postpaid contract here, the handsets are subsidized so you can get a phone for free. If you want to stay without a contract, or be get a pre-paid plan, then you should probably bring an unlocked phone as the phones offered on those plans are relatively low quality.

3. Like any other large city, there is definitely crime in Toronto. However, for the most part, it is reserved to certain pockets which would best be avoided. Most neighborhoods are very safe and there is no issue with kids playing outside or walking to school.

4. You can bring as much cash as you want. However, you have to declare if you are carrying amounts over $10,000 when you land.

5. This is entirely up to you and your objectives of coming to Canada. If you are trying to find a safe place to raise your family, then it is worth it. If you are looking for lots of money, then it may not be so attractive in the near term as jobs are hard to come by these days.
@Torontosm
Thanks

Majidqta

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Quetta, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
July 2012
IELTS Request
send with Docs
File Transfer...
13 Apr 2010
Med's Request
9 May 2012
Med's Done....
1 Jun 2012 Re-medical 3 Jul 13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
4 Oct 2013
canada1234 said:
For Ontario:-
http://www.drivetest.ca/EN/Pages/default.aspx

First you have to appear in G1 (theory test) then if you have 4 or more than four years of experience from Pak you can directly go for G. Otherwise first do G2 then G.
For further details check below thread:-
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39566.0.html
Thanks you, one more question/ guide line plz.
I have full UK driving license, can I convent it into Canadian driving license ?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Majidqta said:
Thanks you, one more question/ guide line plz.
I have full UK driving license, can I convent it into Canadian driving license ?
Yes, UK licenses are eligible to be exchanged for Canadian licenses (at least in Ontario, but probably for all provinces)

http://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/exchange-foreign-drivers-licence