+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New update on my application after 3 months..

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
That line "we will let u know of the final decision aapproved or refused" is like the year 2020, u don't exactly know what you are getting into!!
Exactly it's like a 2 stage approval.. but my concern is why would I fall under that category as I have given my biometrics n medicals

Husnain7866

Feb 2, 2020
While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented a number of challenges world-wide, Canada’s whole-of-government approach is aimed at protecting the health of Canadians while minimizing the economic and social impact of restrictions. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has implemented a temporary two-stage process to provide an update to international students who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have their application fully assessed in time for the fall semester.

You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing.

Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further instructions.

Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or refused) made on your application.

While you await a final decision on your application you may commence your studies online.

If you are a representative who has received this notification, please ensure to advise your client(s) of this important information.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

I too received the same email today applied from Rwanda but I am Kenyan Nationality so the application was processed through Tanzania.
I have provided all the documents so I am also waiting,
Your application was SDS or non SDS

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
I feel the VFS now will review all the stages. As the IRCC part was to review only eligibility so after finalizing I'll get an update

sinarahimi3295

Nov 24, 2019
Application status and messages

Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.

Application status

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - May 11, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

Details about your application status

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results

May 11, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents

We do not need additional documents.

InterviewHelp - Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

BiometricsHelp - Biometrics

April 7, 2020 Completed.

Background checkHelp - Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decisionHelp - Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Congrats Bro ! So happy you got This Update

Unicorn2005

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Yes it seems east Africa is getting updated we all set to get our visas soon
Could this be approval in principle as the last line reads you may commence your online studies while awaitiong final decision I am just confused on whether to go ahead and register and pay for the semeter before the final decision

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Could this be approval in principle as the last line reads you may commence your online studies while awaitiong final decision I am just confused on whether to go ahead and register and pay for the semeter before the final decision
Idk whats the situation in kenya... but here in dar es salaam we were able to complete everything from biom to medicals.. so we could get the final approval anytime ..as the VFAS are open

Unicorn2005

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Idk whats the situation in kenya... but here in dar es salaam we were able to complete everything from biom to medicals.. so we could get the final approval anytime ..as the VFAS are open
I have already submitted everything including biom, medical and police clearance so I m in the same situation like yours just have to wait for final approval but there is hope that travel resrtriction for international student will be uplifted soon as per the new update yesterday.

Exclusive: Canada may lift international student travel restrictionsCIC News has obtained a letter that suggests the Canadian government is looking at ways to welcome more international students for the fall 2020 semester