App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Hello I'm new here, my husband came in with TRV on may 22 and the the announcement was made the following week, I have applied for his OWP and he has done his medicals here in Canada even though the spousal application is still in progress in Ghana. I just checked the tracker and I see medicals and biometrics show completed; there's also a document number and expiry date. Now, I don't know if that's for the OWP approval or PR.
Hi, is the PA from Nigeria or Ghana? Could you give a full timeline?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you mean, it further depends on the manual review?
yes it can depend on a manual review of your file. TRV for spouses are not guaranteed. The announcement indicated that more spouses would be approved for TRVs and would have a screw to WPs even if they applied Outland. We have yet to see what type of applicant will get denied and what percentage of applicants will get approved or denied.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi we got Biomatric validity letter on June 16th but no PPR yet. Now i am worried why it is taking too long.
Specified processing time by the minister was always a goal not a promise. Processing times online are just estimates and not something to be counted on. It has only been 2 weeks.

Amandhaliwal

Dec 27, 2018
Specifiers processing time was a goal not a guarantee. Posted processing times online are just estimates. Looks like your application requires a manual review which typically takes a few months.
we are having parallel application for PR too, applied in february 2023. done with medical and biometric. let’s see which approval comes first

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
we are having parallel application for PR too, applied in february 2023. done with medical and biometric. let’s see which approval comes first
Just a warning that TRVs for spouses are not guaranteed. Many seem to have misinterpreted the recent announcement. Many more TRVs for spouses will be approved but we have yet to see why some are being denied and what percentage will be approved or denied. There is also no guarantee that answer will come in 30 days. That is the target goal but won’t happen in many cases. There will be a balance between reuniting spouses and not approving spouses where there are concerns about the validity of the relationship, there is minimal proof of in person contact, etc. It is very difficult and expensive to deport someone from Canada which is why most spouses were not able to get TRVs before Covid and interviews were done in a person’s home country. Many will get TRVs but people need to wait until receiving approvals and not count on approval and be making plans based on a guaranteed approval.

Reactions: Amandhaliwal

Amandhaliwal

Dec 27, 2018
Just a warning that TRVs for spouses are not guaranteed. Many seem to have misinterpreted the recent announcement. Many more TRVs for spouses will be approved but we have yet to see why some are being denied and what percentage will be approved or denied. There is also no guarantee that answer will come in 30 days. That is the target goal but won’t happen in many cases. There will be a balance between reuniting spouses and not approving spouses where there are concerns about the validity of the relationship, there is minimal proof of in person contact, etc. It is very difficult and expensive to deport someone from Canada which is why most spouses were not able to get TRVs before Covid and interviews were done in a person’s home country. Many will get TRVs but people need to wait until receiving approvals and not count on approval and be making plans based on a guaranteed approval.
we decided to apply for TRV before the announcement were made as PA is from india and on that time processing time from india TRV was just 28 days. lets see what happens.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
we decided to apply for TRV before the announcement were made as PA is from india and on that time processing time from india TRV was just 28 days. lets see what happens.
Posted processing times are just estimates of average processing times and are often incorrect. You can’t count on being processed within 28 days.

Reactions: Amandhaliwal

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hey guys I'm worried about something, I didn't do an invitation letter for the TRV application.....I don't remember it asking for one

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
If thats is the case then it is really unfair, there are thousands of people crossing the border illegally these days and government processing their applications pretty quickly, heard majority of them getting asylum status, once in a blue moon they (IRCC) will deport someone for crossing the border illegally.

Government delaying PR applications of international students, spousal sponsorship, etc, which is really stressful.

We gotta provide hundreds of documents, marriage certificates, income info, police reports, employment letters,etc etc etc.

Should have crossed the boarder illegally :)

I am not against their refugee/asylum seekers application processes or programs but they also should give priority to other applications/programs as well.

If they want to achieve their (government) future immigration goals then they should definitely invest more money to optimize IRCC’s obsolete technologies and processes.

In my case, I received my pre-arrival email almost 3 months back and my application has been transferred to Ottawa VO from local VO long time ago, but still no PPR, so all our future plans gets further delayed :(

Last edited:

Muhammad Asif14

Jun 14, 2023
Pakistan
Category........
FAM
If thats is the case then it is really unfair, there are thousands of people crossing the border illegally these days and government processing their applications pretty quickly, heard majority of them getting asylum status, once in a blue moon they (IRCC) will deport someone for crossing the border illegally.

Government delaying PR applications of international students, spousal sponsorship, etc, which is really stressful.

We gotta provide hundreds of documents, marriage certificates, income info, police reports, employment letters,etc etc etc.

Should have crossed the boarder illegally :)

I am not against their refugee/asylum seekers application processes or programs but they also should give priority for other applications/programs as well.

If they want to achieve their (government) future immigration goals then they should definitely invest more money to optimize IRCC’s obsolete technologies and processes.

In my case, I received my pre-arrival email almost 3 months back and my application has been transferred to Ottawa VO from local VO long time ago, but still no PPR, so all our future plans gets further delayed :(
Hello, would you like to answer me of my questions..? I need your help.