File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If thats is the case then it is really unfair, there are thousands of people crossing the border illegally these days and government processing their applications pretty quickly, heard majority of them getting asylum status, once in a blue moon they (IRCC) will deport someone for crossing the border illegally.

Government delaying PR applications of international students, spousal sponsorship, etc, which is really stressful.

We gotta provide hundreds of documents, marriage certificates, income info, police reports, employment letters,etc etc etc.

Should have crossed the boarder illegally :)

I am not against their refugee/asylum seekers application processes or programs but they also should give priority to other applications/programs as well.

If they want to achieve their (government) future immigration goals then they should definitely invest more money to optimize IRCC’s obsolete technologies and processes.

In my case, I received my pre-arrival email almost 3 months back and my application has been transferred to Ottawa VO from local VO long time ago, but still no PPR, so all our future plans gets further delayed :(
If it makes you feel any better, Canada has taken recent measures to curb this actually. The numbers have dropped quite a bit over the last number of months due to the below changes. This also means that those who cross the border illegally are no longer exempt from the safe third country agreement and are being returned to the US. It's quite a different scenario than it was at the start of the year.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/roxham-road-quieter-after-border-deal-1.6803640

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/agreements/safe-third-country-agreement.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If thats is the case then it is really unfair, there are thousands of people crossing the border illegally these days and government processing their applications pretty quickly, heard majority of them getting asylum status, once in a blue moon they (IRCC) will deport someone for crossing the border illegally.

Government delaying PR applications of international students, spousal sponsorship, etc, which is really stressful.

We gotta provide hundreds of documents, marriage certificates, income info, police reports, employment letters,etc etc etc.

Should have crossed the boarder illegally :)

I am not against their refugee/asylum seekers application processes or programs but they also should give priority to other applications/programs as well.

If they want to achieve their (government) future immigration goals then they should definitely invest more money to optimize IRCC’s obsolete technologies and processes.

In my case, I received my pre-arrival email almost 3 months back and my application has been transferred to Ottawa VO from local VO long time ago, but still no PPR, so all our future plans gets further delayed :(
As already stated the government tried to close the loophole for a whole year before the US agreed to it a few months back. It wasn’t up to the US to agree to owe the loophole or the Canadian government would likely have closed it a long time ago. It was an oversight when agreeing to the safe thirst country act around 2 decades ago. You can’t compare claiming asylum to legally coming to Canada. Claiming asylum has significant longterm repercussions even if approved. Once in Canada it is hard and expensive to deport someone so it is important that IRCC try to prevent immigration fraud before arriving in Canada. Far from saying that system is perfect but to say asylum seekers are being processed quickly is also incorrect. On average people wait around 3-5 years to get PR but can be much longer. If waiting to be reunited with a spouse and children as an asylum seekers you are likely looking at 4-6 years. That isn’t fast.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You can’t compare claiming asylum to legally coming to Canada. Claiming asylum has significant longterm repercussions even if approved.
Just as one example - although a bit obscure - those that come via asylum/protected person and get PR status and then travel to their home country or even get their home-country passports renewed can have their PR status revoked and be kicked out of the country, with effectively no time limit on how long this might be. This does actually happen - and it happens to some at the point when they apply for citizenship and it's discovered they've 'availed' themselves of home country protection by returning home and/or renewing home country passport.

While it may not be all that common, it's not so infrequent as to call it rare, either - and I think a lot of PRs / PR applicants would not accept PR status if it meant not visiting their home country for - for example - up to a decade.

Reactions: Ashan Perera

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
yes it can depend on a manual review of your file. TRV for spouses are not guaranteed. The announcement indicated that more spouses would be approved for TRVs and would have a screw to WPs even if they applied Outland. We have yet to see what type of applicant will get denied and what percentage of applicants will get approved or denied.
Then there is no sense that we can see the visa details in the visitor visa portal, where it says if we approve you for temporary residence details will show below.

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Hoping to hear something soon for this week or next week. Applied June 5th. Nervous as we didn't put ties back to his country as some get approved and some don't. And we applied for 6 months trv.
Did you get your biometric validity letter?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Then there is no sense that we can see the visa details in the visitor visa portal, where it says if we approve you for temporary residence details will show below.
[/QUOTE

not quite clear what you are asking but the TRV process is won’t indicate whether your application is being processed by a person. If your application approval/refusal takes longer than a few weeks you are usually undergoing a manual review and your application is not being determined by a computer program.

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
[/QUOTE]
Visitor Visa details
Review what happens after you apply for a visitor visa.

Once we approve you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Visitor Visa. Your document details will be listed below.

Visitor Visa Document number:
E0000000
Expiry date:
Oct 13, 2030
Travel document number:
Issuing country:
Pakistan

I am talking about this that i can see these details, why is it showing then if it is not approved or anything? but there no PPR or anything yet.

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
Visitor Visa details

Once we approve you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Visitor Visa. Your document details will be listed below.

E0000000
Expiry date:
Oct 13, 2030
Travel document number:
Issuing country:
Pakistan

I am talking about this that i can see these details, why is it showing then if it is not approved or anything? but there no PPR or anything yet.
[/QUOTE]
This is normal, it basically means it's approved pending background check and normally you'll get PPR in a couple weeks or sooner.

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Visitor Visa details

E0000000
Expiry date:
Oct 13, 2030
Travel document number:
Issuing country:
Pakistan

This is normal, it basically means it's approved pending background check and normally you'll get PPR in a couple weeks or sooner.
[/QUOTE]
Should i submit the PCC for visitor visa? that i used in my Spousal sponsorship application using a web form?