+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New TRV measures from IRCC for spouses having sponsorship application

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visitor Visa details
Review what happens after you apply for a visitor visa.

Once we approve you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Visitor Visa. Your document details will be listed below.

Visitor Visa Document number:
E0000000
Expiry date:
Oct 13, 2030
Travel document number:
Issuing country:
Pakistan

I am talking about this that i can see these details, why is it showing then if it is not approved or anything? but there no PPR or anything yet.
[/QUOTE]

That is a template and looks like an example of what to expect if you are granted a TRV

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is normal, it basically means it's approved pending background check and normally you'll get PPR in a couple weeks or sooner.
Should i submit the PCC for visitor visa? that i used in my Spousal sponsorship application using a web form?
[/QUOTE]

No it is not necessary

Reactions: vky0123

Muhammad Asif14

Jun 14, 2023
Pakistan
Category........
FAM
Visitor Visa details
Review what happens after you apply for a visitor visa.

Once we approve you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Visitor Visa. Your document details will be listed below.

Visitor Visa Document number:
E0000000
Expiry date:
Oct 13, 2030
Travel document number:
Issuing country:
Pakistan

I am talking about this that i can see these details, why is it showing then if it is not approved or anything? but there no PPR or anything yet.
That is a template and looks like an example of what to expect if you are granted a TRV
[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot..

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Thanks a lot..
[/QUOTE]
I romoved digits after the Letter E and i replced my Passport number with zeros. That was my question there is no template in the tracker the one you are talking about.

Kayodeesho

Feb 20, 2020
I think what they are saying is around 98% will get approved with this new trv for faster family reunification as long as you have a current application and the chances is high you will eventually get approved.
I applied through thr GC Key portal instead of the new portal. Does it make any difference?

Sunset78

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
I'm almost tempted to submit a new trv it's almost 2 months under the reunification program. Nothing at all has been done with application and no response to webforms

Sunset78

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
What the status or stage is the trv at since we applied under the reunification and mentionedour sa/pr. I've sent 1 webform.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
What if the eCOPR came before the TRV? Can we request for a refund (100$)?
Did you get AOR or any email/documentation regarding your TRV? If yes, that means they have started working on your application.
You may want to inform them right away, however CIC does NOT include TRV fees in the list of fees which can be refunded. here's the list:

After we start processing your application, only these fees can be refunded

• the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF)
  • the right of citizenship fee
  • the open work permit holder fee (for Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exempt workers only)
  • the employer compliance fee (refunded to the employer)
International Experience Canada (IEC) fees (See refunds for IEC)
==============================================================================

Reactions: Ashan Perera

pawan01

Aug 28, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Please answer my question if you would be so kind as to do so. On March 5, 2023, I submitted an application for my wife's permanent residence as a Canadian citizen. The AOR and the medical have arrived. She obtained a visitor's visa, and in June 2023, she spent three weeks in Canada. As part of their new family reunion initiative, we applied for an open work permit.

What are the chances of her getting open work permit? Does anyone know when she will get Open work permit, we applied on June 29? Would the fact that she returned to Dubai affect her OPW application in any way?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm almost tempted to submit a new trv it's almost 2 months under the reunification program. Nothing at all has been done with application and no response to webforms
There is no timeline. The 30 days announced is more of a goal. If your file needs manual review by a person it is not unusual for it to take 2-3 months to process if not longer. Assume there has been an influx of applications due to the announcement and it is the summer so more people are on vacation which means there may be longer processing times than normal. In general summer is a very busy time for IRCC because of the influx of international student applications, the amount of people trying to visit for tourism in addition the the large number of asylum seekers who keep arriving, many special programs dealing with current conflicts, the influx of application after it was announced that many more spouse will be able to enter Canada on TRVs before sponsorship, etc. Reapplying will likely start your application from scratch and you could wait another 2+ months again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Please answer my question if you would be so kind as to do so. On March 5, 2023, I submitted an application for my wife's permanent residence as a Canadian citizen. The AOR and the medical have arrived. She obtained a visitor's visa, and in June 2023, she spent three weeks in Canada. As part of their new family reunion initiative, we applied for an open work permit.

What are the chances of her getting open work permit? Does anyone know when she will get Open work permit, we applied on June 29? Would the fact that she returned to Dubai affect her OPW application in any way?

Thank you
She shouldn’t have gone to Dubai. You must be in Canada and living with you to qualify for the OWP. It looks like she has been in Canad for 3 weeks but abroad for around 4 weeks. When does she plan on returning? The point of the program is to allow spouses to permanently live together during the sponsorship program. The OWP is to both allow the couple to support themselves in Canada and try to meet the needs of the labour market. Has she informed IRCC that she is abroad? When is she planning on returning. A short visit may have been overlooked but she seems to have visited you in Canada while living in Dubai for the majority of the sponsorship.

pawan01

Aug 28, 2019
She shouldn’t have gone to Dubai. You must be in Canada and living with you to qualify for the OWP. It looks like she has been in Canad for 3 weeks but abroad for around 4 weeks. When does she plan on returning? The point of the program is to allow spouses to permanently live together during the sponsorship program. The OWP is to both allow the couple to support themselves in Canada and try to meet the needs of the labour market. Has she informed IRCC that she is abroad? When is she planning on returning. A short visit may have been overlooked but she seems to have visited you in Canada while living in Dubai for the majority of the sponsorship.
Hello,

Thank you for your response and clarification. She arrived Canada on June 29 and same day we applied for OWP online. Since she has to go and resign from her job and close off things, she left Canada on July 18 for a month. We applied OWP as within Canada. We were planning that once she get OWP she will come back and start living here. Is this something wrong? Will IRCC cancel her OWP request because she went back? Can you please guide what should be done here in a proper way to obtain OWP.