+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New TRV measures from IRCC for spouses having sponsorship application

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
Congratulations!!!

If you can, please share details: fund, ties to home country, duration of stay, any letters of explanation,etc
Hi we got Biomatric validity letter on June 16th but no PPR yet. Now i am worried why it is taking too long.

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
Well, one big difference remains: the inland applicant is already in Canada and already has some status (TRV or other). The outland does not until they receive that TRV and physically enters.

This may seem picky but it is still a significant difference - you don't have it until you have it.

But I get your point, and yes, one of the last significant differences - eligibi.ity for OWP - is removed if this proceeds as announced.
Hello I'm new here, my husband came in with TRV on may 22 and the the announcement was made the following week, I have applied for his OWP and he has done his medicals here in Canada even though the spousal application is still in progress in Ghana. I just checked the tracker and I see medicals and biometrics show completed; there's also a document number and expiry date. Now, I don't know if that's for the OWP approval or PR.

Reactions: T0pubo

NY81

Apr 27, 2023
Hey guys, my TRV is ready for submission. But, I just received medical request for spousal application. Should I wait till June 22, give my medical and then submit TRV? Will it make a difference?
It won't, just go ahead and submit your TRV and then go for the medicals

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can anyone please guide after showing TRV Details in the portal how long it takes for passport request?
There is no exact timeline. If approved it could take weeks if determined by AI to months if the application needs a manual review. There are also applications that are denied.

Sunset78

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Hoping to hear something soon for this week or next week. Applied June 5th. Nervous as we didn't put ties back to his country as some get approved and some don't. And we applied for 6 months trv.