+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

Spvisapr

Jul 3, 2020
Congratulations on your TRV.
If your PA country needs visa stamping I am sure IRCC will send you passport request details on your account soon.

Could you please let us know from which country is the applicant from. Could you please give as much as details you could like what strong ties did you show to home country, if working back home etc, if you had any previous rejections on the TRV. This would really help everyone out here, thanks and appreciate your help.
Applicant from India working as a teacher, we gave employer letter of authorization and minimum amount of 500000 INR in my account...I wasn't rejected for Canadian trv anytime

Last edited:
Reactions: garuda2020

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
I applied for my spouse TRV visa on 28th june and got a refusal today based on below grounds.Is their anythinf that can be done?.I am A PR and she is my immediate family member.If they removed the restriction for immediate family member then why did they refuse the TRV .It does not make sense

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
I applied for my spouse TRV visa on 28th june and got a refusal today based on below grounds.Is their anythinf that can be done?.I am A PR and she is my immediate family member.If they removed the restriction for immediate family member then why did they refuse the TRV .It does not make sense

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
Which country is the applicant from?

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018

Did you present a letter from the employer for the trv apllivamt?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Unfortunately people assumed that because spouses and parents were granted exceptions from travel restrictions that they would also easily get TRVs. Thatvis not the case. Your wife still will need to prove that she has extremely strong ties to her home country and that she is truly a visitor. That is very hard if you have sponsorship in process.

Reactions: Buletruck

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
Unfortunately people assumed that because spouses and parents were granted exceptions from travel restrictions that they would also easily get TRVs. Thatvis not the case. Your wife still will need to prove that she has extremely strong ties to her home country and that she is truly a visitor. That is very hard if you have sponsorship in process.
What do you have to say for people who have been getting approval for TRV even with their Spouse Application in progress?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What do you have to say for people who have been getting approval for TRV even with their Spouse Application in progress?
They are lucky. They must have been able to show strong ties to their home country, good savings and proof of previous international travel.

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
The rejection of TRV should not anyway impact the sponsorship PR which is in process for my wife right?.