+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New travel exemption for immediate family member not being honoured or implemented by OUTCAN visa offices

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
I applied June 20 for a TRV. It's July 5th and they still have not even begun to review it. Is this normal? I see others getting theirs processed and/or refused within 1-2 days sometimes. Obviously I don't want a refusal, but why are they not even beginning to review mine? When I applied it said normal processing time is 14 days -- it's 15 days in and nothing has even started.

I wonder what I should ask specifically via webform other than.... "why aren't you reviewing my application?"
No don’t do that. Please just have a little patience. Everything is delay

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
No don’t do that. Please just have a little patience. Everything is delay
Responses like these are infuriating. Are you a CIC employee? Nothing has moved in 6 months. Almost everyone is back to work except CIC and they don't even have a dangerous job. Please stop telling others to be patient. I'm guessing you're not facing 6-12 months without your closest family. CIC should be absolutely ashamed of their performance right now.

Reactions: Toby2020

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
Responses like these are infuriating. Are you a CIC employee? Nothing has moved in 6 months. Almost everyone is back to work except CIC and they don't even have a dangerous job. Please stop telling others to be patient. I'm guessing you're not facing 6-12 months without your closest family. CIC should be absolutely ashamed of their performance right now.
Yo listen before judging someone make sure you know their story. I was trying to give you encouragements. I have applied for a TRV since February but no answer. I have been away from my family and friends but what I can do? Call cic and insult them? Will that help my case ? No. All we gotta do is wait! There is nothing we can do. Sad truth. I know it’s frustrating but oh well ain’t going to a bitter person.

Reactions: confused_aj

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Yo listen before judging someone make sure you know their story. I was trying to give you encouragements. I have applied for a TRV since February but no answer. I have been away from my family and friends but what I can do? Call cic and insult them? Will that help my case ? No. All we gotta do is wait! There is nothing we can do. Sad truth. I know it’s frustrating but oh well ain’t going to a bitter person.
There's no reason not to contact them. If they don't make a decision in a week or two, my whole application will be worthless. If people pressured the government as much as they tell us, who are helpless, to be patient, maybe things would be moving faster.

I'm not waiting in line for a sandwich. I don't have the luxury of patience.

Reactions: Toby2020

arsalsam786

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I applied June 20 for a TRV. It's July 5th and they still have not even begun to review it. Is this normal? I see others getting theirs processed and/or refused within 1-2 days sometimes. Obviously I don't want a refusal, but why are they not even beginning to review mine? When I applied it said normal processing time is 14 days -- it's 15 days in and nothing has even started.

I wonder what I should ask specifically via webform other than.... "why aren't you reviewing my application?"
you can ask about status through web form....i asked it nd applied on 21.jun and got this reponse

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Sarah, agent 4306
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

pgali

Jul 6, 2020
Hello All,

I have applied for TRV yesterday and got a biometric request today. Does that mean the decision on TRV is based on biometrics and I should give biometrics now ?

Thanks,
Pri

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
Hello All,

I have applied for TRV yesterday and got a biometric request today. Does that mean the decision on TRV is based on biometrics and I should give biometrics now ?

Thanks,
Pri
Yes give your biometric if you can. If the center is open where you are applying

pgali

Jul 6, 2020
Yes give your biometric if you can. If the center is open where you are applying
Currently, all centers are closed. So, does that mean, they will put application on hold until I provide biometrics? Or will they be able make a decision without biometrics?

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Why are some getting decisions/approvals within a day and others weeks/months? That has nothing to do with covid, and on that point they need to get back to work.

pgali

Jul 6, 2020
Currently, all centers are closed. So, does that mean, they will put application on hold until I provide biometrics? Or will they be able make a decision without biometrics?
Hi,
Please help answer this question. Will the TRV application put on hold, if biometrics is not done?

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
Who said all centers are closed ? No no no
Some centers are open and some more opened today

Jamal A.

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Hey guys, My husband applied for a visitor Visa to Canada on june 16 2020 and we have a spousal application in process. Till now he did not receive a response yet. He did send a message to them on the forum but still no response. It's a frustrating like it's been almost 1 year apart and we can not visit each other. What can I do if no one replies?

pgali

Jul 6, 2020
Hey guys, My husband applied for a visitor Visa to Canada on june 16 2020 and we have a spousal application in process. Till now he did not receive a response yet. He did send a message to them on the forum but still no response. It's a frustrating like it's been almost 1 year apart and we can not visit each other. What can I do if no one replies?
Did you give the biometrics (india) ?